Cadd Edge Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.5
Tim Preston

1. Excellent company to work for!

Current Employee - IT Support Specialist in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - IT Support Specialist in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Cadd Edge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great small company to work for with great people and good benefits. My previous employer used CADD Edge as their SolidWorks VAR for many years so I was familiar with their customer service attitude and was excited for the opportunity to join their Team. The job is really what you make of it with plenty of opportunity for growth. I really love this company.

Cons

Small company but for me, this is ideal.

2. Mixed bag

Pros

For the most part, a lot of great people to work with at this company, although as with any company of a certain size, there are some you have to watch out for or who don't pull their weight. Reasonably good benefits, and depending on who you work for, somewhat flexible in terms of working habits/telecommuting. The upper management does seem to genuinely care about the company and for their employees, at least to a degree more than many other places I've worked.

Cons

Has attempted to grow too quickly in my opinion and has lost some quality people because of this, either of their own volition because of poor management decisions or through layoffs. Compensation could be better. Have kept some people who are a waste of space while letting other valuable team members go.

Advice to Management

Slow down a bit, avoid the growing pains.

3. Better as a small company as they grow they are making bad business decisions

I worked at Cadd Edge (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, not much supervision

Cons

Supervision is not willing or capable of leadership

Advice to Management

Spend time in all your locations to ensure strong pipeline. Review pipeline 30, 60, 90 days and spend more time helping the weaker one build a better pipeline. Get in get your hands dirty, that time is not a training session help my doing

Get everything in writing is true

I have been working at Cadd Edge full-time

Pros

Great products and good solid customers.

Cons

The company is an internal mess. Too much ego at the top makes for too many unexpected surprises among the ranks.

Advice to Management

Speak to key employees to get a pulse on whats going on.

Not a growing company

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Middletown, CT
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Middletown, CT

I worked at Cadd Edge (More than a year)

Pros

Good for just a paycheck.

Cons

The expectations they set are unrealistic which puts a drain on every employee in some way. The commission plans fluctuate which essentially takes money out of your pocket. Chaotic system that has no rhyme or reason gives no guidance on a specific goal.

Advice to Management

Sell whats left of the assets and just retire.

Get everything in writing

I have been working at Cadd Edge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Industry leading software and printers

Cons

Too many to write. What they promise you when they interview you and what is reality are not the same.The company is struggling right now. The management that got them to the size now needs to be let go. They need real managers that help you not just report up to their boss. Lower wages than the industry. Focus on the HQ not the other offices. Their management/leadership team is weak and does not share information in a timely manner. Arrogance from management that comes across as patronizing. No way to grow or move in the company unless you are one of the "favorites". Marketing team is weak, not pro active and use tired and old activities. Expect you to work and do what ever it takes to get your done but will not help.

Little Money & No Respect=The TRUE Bottom Line

I worked at Cadd Edge full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Products are top-notch and the customers are treated well.

Cons

Contradictory statements from upper echelon, thirst for dollars, and a need to be the biggest will be their downfall. Management mistreats employees who already work for extremely below-average wages. If an employee dares to speak out, they are termed "anti-culture and values" and are "released from employment". Even after being promised a set salary & commission (a document signed by both parties), in your second year this will be slashed to accommodate "new hires" performing the same tasks. Management and their bonuses did not lessen. GOOD MANAGEMENT EQUATES TO HAPPY & LOYAL EMPLOYEES.

Advice to Management

TIM & MARCEL: This is your business! Have sit-downs with employees--managers excluded--to determine why there are so many "former employees" of your company in such a short amount of time. Either you are aware of these issues or you just are too far removed from your company.

Cadd Edge Response

Feb 11, 2015 – HR Generalist

We value your feedback and are constantly looking to improve as a Company. Noted.

High Turn-over

I worked at Cadd Edge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some really good people do work there.

Cons

I was pursued by the company very hard as well as providing samples using their materials. I left a stable, position with another company to do more of the work i wanted but was let go after several weeks as soon as I caught them up on their backlog of work while meeting my goals ahead of schedule. Apparently this is a common occurrence in the particular group I worked with.

Advice to Management

Don't lose the talent, lose the bad management for misrepresenting the company and it's values.

Better opportunities elsewhere

I worked at Cadd Edge full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun co-workers and location. There is no hand holding here owner wants self starters who are independant and driven. If your in sales and make your number you will be praised.

Cons

Unfortunately the sales group are the only employees that get the praise. There is tention with co-workers because of this, however management doesn't see this or should I say promotes this.

Advice to Management

Employees feel obligated to laugh at unprofessional jokes...there not laughing with you there laughing at you. It's not in you best interest to have your employees as "buddies" separate the two and you will be better respected.

Cadd Edge Response

Oct 13, 2014 – HR Generalist

Dear Former Employee: I wish that you had brought this to our attention during your tenure or at the very least as you were leaving. We have a few teams that are very core to our being and without ... More

11. Great company with a focus on employee growth

I have been working at Cadd Edge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun group of people focused on providing outstanding service and value to their customers. Management does a good job of listening to new ideas and giving employees the flexibility and freedom they need to be successful. CADD Edge offers a lot of opportunity and recognition for people who are looking to achieve on a high level.

Cons

Occasionally there are growing pains, which is to be expected for any company that's consistently growing and improving but Management does a good job of smoothing out the rough patches.

RSS Feed </> Embed