Cadence Design Systems

Cadence Design Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Cadence Design Systems President and CEO Lip-Bu Tan

Lip-Bu Tan

Pros:
  • "Excellent work life balance and home office provisions and flexibility"
    in 39 reviews
  • "great work life balance, good work environment"
    in 24 reviews
Cons:
  • "Technology used by most R&D groups is outdated"
    in 11 reviews
  • "On the field side, work/life balance is not satisfactory and that is echoed by others"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

It was Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice Relaxed Environment, good environment

ConsLack of process oriented module

Innovation and culture!

Senior Group DIrector (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsCadence is at the forefront of innovation in the EDA space - executives are accessible, down to earth and highly engaged in driving the business. Communiation is extremely open and the culture is results driven. Tremendous opportunity to take on exciting work and make an impact. One thing that struck me when I first joined is how much employees really enjoy working together. They are working hard but are having fun while they do it. There's also good work-life balance and support for employees.

ConsThe industry is having challenges and Cadence is responding but will have to continue to innovate and be strategic to overcome the macro environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on culture. Rebuild in areas that dropped during the downturn - development programs, community philanthropy programs, etc.

One of the best places for EDA software engineers

Product Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsA lot of passionate engineers, competitive compensation, and flexible work time. The company has the whole EDA platform, and solutions, so you can build up what ever you can imaginate in EDA products.

ConsNeed a lot of energy to work cross teams, because it's large company with global distribution, and different cultures you have to get used to.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more training for junior engineer, especially the production flow, it takes long time for new employee to understand the product release cycle and what team needs to response to which part.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing work environment

Applications Engineer (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsEveryone in office is so friendly and adjusting. Amazing team work. People are always willing to learn and grow together as one.. Much like the company motto "One Cadence One Team"

ConsYou will love this company far too much.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work.

Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA good place to start up your carrier

ConsInternship will not be converted to full time

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Excellent work/life balance. Positive challenges on the job.

Principal Applications Engineer (Current Employee)
    Greensboro, NC

ProsI am challenged in exciting ways in my work. I work with quality engineers, and am provided with excellent resources. Pay is generhous, management is very flexible with time off and very hands off in style, yet expectations are clear - and high! JHigh in a good way, brings the challenge I've been missing in my career for a number of years prior to this job.

ConsHmmmmm, for working for someone else (i.e. not owning my own business) I think this is about as good as it gets for me in this industry. It's pretty darn good! Maybe I'm still in the "honeymoon phase" having only been with Cadence for 5 months now, but I don't think so.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up! Stay engaged with you subordinates; keep encouraging us as you have. We appreciate the feedback and the confidence you place in us!

One of the Best Employers I have worked with!

Greater Noida (India)

Pros-Superb work environment
    -They really would do anything for their employees

Cons-They need to have a better policy for contractors

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the employee friendly attitude!

Engineer

Staff Solutions Engineer (Former Employee)
    Bangalore (India)

ProsVery good company, Strong technical people to work with. Good training provided in all design and verification languages to all the clients connected with the company.

ConsNo cons till date. I worked only for 1 year and very much satisfied with the company. No Cons.

Strong EDA company full of opportunities

Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people throughout the organization that are fun to work with. Global company of over 5,000 employees offers you the opportunity to find a site that fits your needs. Customer focused Sales and R&D teams allow you the chance to interact with customers on all types of projects. Company is full of diverse groups and roles available from hardware or IP design, design services, sales, sales support, marketing, R&D or operations in the electronic software and hardware design industry.

ConsCompany training programs and IT are not as strong as they once were. Not a company on a rapid market climb with stock performance up and down over any year in the past 5, but the stock is looking strong over the past 5 years. Searching for its culture that was lost.

Feel at home in the office

Senior Product Validation Engineer (Former Employee)
    Rosh Ha`Ayin (Israel)

ProsI've worked as a product validation intern and then engineer at Cadence's Rosh-Ha'ain offices in Israel, in the product validation team for the Specman product.
    Everyone were nice and welcoming, there's a fully stacked kitchen and coffee rooms available at all times, the management is very flexible and Wednesdays are work-from-home days. For those who stay after the internship, there are usually promotion opportunities to other PV/Engineering positions.

ConsCan't really think of one, except the location...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the startup-spirit in the Rosh-Ha'ain offices, as it always been. It keeps the spirit and productivity high.

Worked for Cadence Design Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cadence Design Systems Videos

Cadence Design Systems – Why Work for Us?

Cadence is an exciting place to work! Our customers design the most advanced electronic products in the world, for the most challenging markets, using powerful software and hardware tools from Cadence. Our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cadence Design Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cadence Design Systems CEO Lip-Bu Tan. All 311 reviews posted anonymously by Cadence Design Systems employees.