Cadillac Jack Reviews

3.9
Cadillac Jack Chief Operating Officer Mauro Franic
Mauro Franic

What's to come?

I have been working at Cadillac Jack full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with hardworking, determined people who strive to be the best

Cons

Communication when it comes to change, whether it's a new product or a process change.

Recent purchase by AGS

I have been working at Cadillac Jack

Pros

Not sure if there are going to be any pros. Had a town-hall but it was all unicorns and rainbows; no real information given. The AGS CEO bragged that he and the CJ COO spent all of 7 minutes discussing and deciding on future branding; not something I would brag about.

Cons

No one knows anything or they are not sharing. Even HR plays dumb and acts like they don't know what is happening. Lay-offs started immediately after the sale and everyone is scared. Many people are looking for jobs and nothing is being done to help keep them. I think CJ as we knew it is dead.

Advice to Management

Tell the employees what is happening!!!!!

3. Cool CJ

I worked at Cadillac Jack

Pros

Laid-back culture, all team members are friendly, and the platform team manager is super cool

Cons

We need to be put right under the fire sometimes to get the job done, I haven't seen it happening there.

Great Company, some broken processes

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Duluth, GA

I worked at Cadillac Jack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cadillac Jack is a great company to work for. The CJ benefits are really good, the HR department puts on some really fun events through the year, and two to three of them are spouse/family oriented.

Cons

Some of their internal software processes are in need of fixing. Specifically, they don't have detailed enough software development and documentation processes yet. They are working on getting there, but there are several gaps that can lead to unorganized projects and confusion down the road over software requirements, test cases, and what features need to be delivered and which ones will get delayed to the next release. I read in the news that Cadillac Jack was just sold to a competitor. Because of this, it would seem that some things may improve or they may not. How much will the new owner let CJ operate as it was, or will they come in and make changes? Or worse yet, will they come in and gut much of the staff because of redundancy? Because of the sale of the company, it would be hard to recommend CJ to a friend.

Advice to Management

Put more effort into properly planning out software projects at the start of the project. When the stakeholders get together to decide on requirements, features, and design, document those decisions in more detail. Write test cases at this point. This will lead to less confusion 2-3 months down the road when the developers are trying to implement the features and design. They will rely less on what they remember and depend more on what was written down and illustrated.

Lack of Direction

I have been working at Cadillac Jack full-time

Pros

Some employees are very easy to get along with. PTO is good.

Cons

After having worked within two different departments, there is a severe lack of guidance. No help from management. When you do ask a question about something, it gets pushed off onto somebody else, and the chances of help from that person is also slim. There is also a very poor work/life balance. When you state that you're stressed about something, it gets ignored.

Advice to Management

Work with the people under you and stop worrying about what everyone else is doing. Be reliable, not non existant.

Great co-workers, Lack of communication from upper management, people get laid-off frequently.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Cadillac Jack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-There is great work-life balance. Normally you don't take work home. Office environment is relaxed and cool. -My team members are really great. Helpful and cool to work with. -The company's industry is a pro. You get to work with people who have many different backgrounds.(3D animators, designers, sound producers, IT, systems etc.) -The parent company's CEO is making waves and is going to be really big in the coming time.

Cons

- No specific path that defines career growth or describes how you can move through ranks. - People are great in all the teams, but there are no events that brings these people together on a regular basis. - Personnel turnover is high(in terms of both resignations and lay-offs). someday you are working on a project with someone, next day they are gone. - Lack of communication between company and upper-management. Employees feel dissatisfied with the lack of answers(or answers that we know are made up) and communication on some decisions(ex. change in management). - HR department taking the word of the company's lawyer as the word of god. Lawyers can be wrong too, they are human. - Lack of recognition and employee appreciation program. - Compensation is okay. - I have seen a few people leave the company because of issues with their immigration or green card process. So, not the ideal place if you are looking for a green card. - Cost of living raises. - Bad coffee

Advice to Management

- Please add a monthly employee recognition program. One day of the month, bring the company together, give the upper management a chance to share company updates for the past month with the rest of the employees, have awards or some kind of recognition to provide more visibility to hard-working people at lower ranks and make this a part of the CJ culture. - Define a path for all departments & positions which shows your new employees on where they can be in the company in 5 years or something like that. - Getting a second opinion from different lawyers on employee related issues might help retaining talent. - All in all, lack of communication is a very big issue. The sooner it is resolved, the better it would be for the company.

Great Place to Work, but Perks Slowly Fading

I have been working at Cadillac Jack

Pros

Immediate management is great. Co-workers are excellent. Product quality is improving - we are moving to a world class product. Our group is provided with all the resources we need: hardware, software, and training to do our jobs. Agile Scrum environment allows us to pick what we want to do and say how much time it will take. Opportunities to be creative and to make a real difference abound.

Cons

Little things sometimes make a big impression. Like charging $5 if you forget your badge more than once in a 6 month period. Not restocking the first aid station. Expensive snacks in the break room. Loss of personal trainer and free morning snacks (something was way beyond what other companies are doing - it was great while it lasted). No longer have casino night. A number of these perks are advertised on Glass Door, but alas, they are no more.

Advice to Management

Upper management really needs to communicate more to employees about the state of the business, how we're doing, and what our roadmap is. We get some of this from immediate management, but not nearly enough.

Feb 3, 2015 – Vice President, Human Resources

Thanks for the feedback; I would like to add a bit of context to a couple of things. The whole borrowing badges thing was way out of hand not just in the cost of the badges but also in the IT & HR ... More

Talented people but sadly leadership has no vision

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Suwanee, GA
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Suwanee, GA

I worked at Cadillac Jack full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At the time I was there, the products were cool and I was surrounded, for the most part, by talented and good hearted people. Compensation was fair and benefits were reasonable for the 3 years of my employment.

Cons

Work/life balance is tough depending on what group you work in. Company politics rule decisions and employees often feel micromanaged and untrusted. No defined career paths and no training.

Advice to Management

Upper management has to create a vision, communicate the vision, and stick to it. Trust the people that you hire and let them do their work. It is OK to be surrounded by people smarter than you! Consider what you can learn rather than be threatened by others opinions.

Great Employees, Tight Employer

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Cadillac Jack (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, nice offices, decent benefits.

Cons

Few opportunities to advance in position and pay, no raises and weak bonuses or increases, training requests denied year after year, lacking investment in infrastructure. Senior Management overwhelmed, some due to micromanagement. Continue to lose some of our best and have high turnover.

Advice to Management

Empower your staff or hire people you trust and do not need to micromanage. Remember Your people invest in you everyday they chose to walk through your doors answer that by investing in them and the infrastructure that supports their work.

Dec 10, 2014 – Vice President, Human Resources

I have been the head of HR for almost 5 years and do not remember one time we refused a request for training. Maybe I can help if the difficulty is with your manager. My door is always open, if you ... More

Growing Pains

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Cadillac Jack full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fairly stable work. Hours are relaxed. Most people are down to earth and friendly. Very little turnover until recently. Easy commute.

Cons

Flat salaries. Cost of living raises instead of merit increases. A bonus plan tied to an ever higher profit goal. A rather incompetent and poisonous HR department. Recent turnovers on the rise as headcount freezes and higher production goals force us to eliminate the dead weight.

Advice to Management

Your people are the reason for your success. Treat them better. Pay them more. The competition is recruiting your employees and paying a lot more.

Aug 5, 2014 – Vice President, Human Resources

Just to clarify, based on gaming & tech industries' validated surveys, CJ salaries across the board are competitive and though the annual increase pool was slightly smaller this year there has never ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed