Cadreon Reviews

1. Excellent Place to Work for Non-Business Techies

Current Employee - Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Cadreon full-time

Pros

I have not been anywhere else that I've felt more comfortable at. This is a great place if you are a talented techie, with the drive to do something cool, but have no interest in office politics. It's also a great place for techies to move into a product management role (most senior management are as well). The office doens't have a startup feel (mainly because its pretty established), it feels like a bunch of socially awkward nerds working with other socially awkward nerds. I mean that in the absolute best way possible. If you a business person, you won't fit in. Cadreon is best thought of as the adtech department of Interpublic Group. The San Francisco office only has about 50 people, and everyone here is mostly on the product side, but like I said above, most have a background in engineering. Most people leave work at around 5:30, but you do stay late once in a while. It's located next to a park, near the Ferry Bulding. Cadreon is in the same building as other Interpublic companies, such as Universal McCann and Jack Morton. The building only houses Interpublic employees (150-200) and have a campus like feel. Highly, highly recommend if you want a cool job environment, have a tech background, and you aren't a business person. People are pretty young, Cadreon is around 30's, but Interpublic overall in SF is around 20's.

Cons

Pay is below San Francisco standards, but that also contributes to the environment. The aggressive business go-getters work for Interpublic Group's other divisions (mostly in New York), and we can just spend our days building cool stuff.

Advice to Management

Keep Cadreon San Franciscan. Let us San Franciscans do tech things, and New Yorkers to business things. So far, this has been more true than not.

Office Politics and power plays

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Cadreon full-time

Pros

Pays well, good benefits and flexible schedules. Work life balance.

Cons

No real progress is being made. The company goes through a reorg every 18 months, creating confusion and further hindering any potential alignment within the organization. Inter-team politics dominate the office environment, creating artificial roadblocks on projects.

Advice to Management

Use each employee's skills and knowledge. Provide them with opportunities to add value. Foster more alignment and create a culture of transparency and shared responsibility for a common goal.

Agency Trading Desk that's playing catch up

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Cadreon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting Accounts, agency clients are mostly located in the same building so there is constant face time and communications, free coffee

Cons

leadership, leadership, leadership. There isn't much and the people that are in charge are not doing a good job. Poor management practices and decision making. Inefficiencies across processes, reluctance to adopt technology or change to the oncoming market

Advice to Management

listen to the lower level employees who are the ones actually working. stop promoting incompetence.

5. Awesome, just awesome

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Cadreon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best company, best people. I have never worked with such a diverse and nice people. Has the best work culture of all the places I have worked so far.

Cons

None I can think of. Maybe the only think I can think of would be to increase the pay rates a little bit, but other than that it's an awesome company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and the team spirit.

6. Just another ad agency

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Quasi-technology driven business model compared to typical agencies; "startup culture" for being a large public company subsidiary; on the forefront of data-centric advertising

Cons

Not very focused or effective - wants to be everything to everyone - mile wide and an inch deep - makes for tough working conditions in being good at your job; short term oriented

Advice to Management

Focus and sell only what you currently have and make it the best it can be

7. Gute Firma Good Company

(Translated from English)

Pros

Work-Life-Balance, gute Kollegen und Direktion, keine Bürokratie

Work-Life Balance, Good Colleagues & Senior Management, No Bureaucracy

Cons

Keine keine keine keine keine

None None None None None

8. Account Manager Account Manager

Current Employee - Kundenbetreuer in Munich, Bayern (Germany)
    Current Employee - Kundenbetreuer in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

I have been working at Cadreon full-time (More than a year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Zukunftsorientiertes Unternehmen, tolle Mitarbeiter, Verfechter des Wachstums von innen, großzügig mit Urlaubstagen, gutes Gehalt

Forward thinking company, great employees, advocate of growth from within, generous with vacation days, compensate well

Cons

Etwas mangelhafte Unternehmenskultur

Company culture is lacking a bit

RSS Feed </> Embed