Caesars Entertainment

Caesars Entertainment Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Caesars Entertainment President & CEO Gary Loveman

Gary Loveman

Pros
  • great opportunity for advancement(in 9 reviews)

• There is very good work/life balance(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • This is not the area to work in if you desire a work/life balance(in 12 reviews)

• Cooperate and management denies raises while upper management get bonuses(in 14 reviews)

Good job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood job and good coworkers

ConsLow pay and not room to advance

Advice to Senior ManagementThey do a good job but don't tend to care for employees to keep retention where it could be. Raises would also be helpful

Not too shabby

Manager Analytics (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsGood compensation if you know how to negotiate and your worth.
    Good chance to move up quickly. Many people leave the company in 6 months to 2 years to pursue dreams outside of Gaming, so there is always an opportunity.
    Likable coworkers.
    *Nice to work for a hospitality company when it comes to team building, and rewards. (Hotel rooms, dinners, etc.)

ConsReally old back end systems keeping the place afloat. Really old! Circa 1980's?
    A lot of people's jobs are really useless if the company just invested in good systems.
    Marketing blows money like crazy with questionable outcomes.

Company debt is pretty heavy. Not sure about the future organization being whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpgrade your systems (finance and accounting systems). It produces tons of overhead and leaves us open to mistakes.

Cut Marketing's check.

Figure out how to engage new younger wealth.

Meh - Pros & Cons

Dealer (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsDecent Ins., retirement & vacation program (comparable to other big names in town), have a free gym w/ classes just for CE staff, free cafeteria (ppl can complain all they want but free is free & it makes a difference to my $), can make some great friends, try to implement incentive programs in different depts to encourage camaraderie. I.E. - if you want to make changes or get involved, there are avenues to do that.

ConsBecause it is a corporation there can be some ridiculous disconnect between upper mgmt. directives that are handed down & whether it's actually effective/efficient to enforce on the ground floor, some depts can have a very high school/mean girls route you have to learn to navigate. This company has millions of $ of debt, just built a ferris wheel on the strip (right, because the city definitely needs that) and then proceeded to propose a plan to its creditors to basically create $1.75 billion in new debt that will have longer maturity dates, with the proceeds used to pay the 2015 figure. Riiiiight.... that's a smart way to run a business. Nope. Nothin fishy goin on here...

Advice to Senior ManagementStop talking. Create a program making it mandatory to have all upper & middle mgmt. do a ground floor job at least 1 day a year NOT with with the intent of doing a photo op/charity work but to keep your mouth shut & your eyes & ears open and learn & find ways to improve the job or dept. which in turn makes the company better.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent place to work, with motivating perks.

Casino Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsThe benefits are more than just insurance: employee dining room, child care discounts, opportunities to see shows and eat at awesome restaurants. They empower their call center agents to actually HELP guests (can we say "no call time limit"?) Great management team and more than generous attendance policy.

ConsThe only downside is the facilities. The employee parking lot may be in a different time zone and passing through a smoky casino is not my favorite (might be the Vegas native in me). Both pale in comparison to the benefits of the job.

good benefits

Food Server (Current Employee) Cherokee, NC

Prosthey give you good benefits

Consevery job is very demanding

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Don't come to Cleveland!

Table Games Coach (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsThe insurance is very good.

ConsYou will consistently work unpaid overtime because the workforce is not managed correctly. There is no effort to get table games coaches home to their families on time (unless you are part of a select group). The salary for a table games coach in Cleveland is one of the lowest in the Caesars Entertainment group as well as the industry while it is also one of the top income producing properties in the brand. This is due to the lack of competition in the Cleveland area. Many coaches have left and there is a very slow effort to replace them, however they are offering higher salaries to try to bring people in while leaving the current workers at their same salary (not really a salary-you are only paid for the time there and you are not paid for the 5 hours or so a week that you are REQUIRED to do work oriented things off the clock). As a table games coach, they take away your personal life by consuming it with things to do off the clock (spotlights on dealers, classes, e-mails, etc.).

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the salaries of the current table games coaches and make them competitive with not only the rest of the brand but also the gaming industry. Treat the coaches like the dealers and get them home on time. If the dealers have to stay late they are paid overtime so there is a huge amount of effort to get them out on time. In other casinos, there are pit bosses to create new player cards, write comps, & process markers. In Cleveland, we get to do all of these things while trying to keep the customers happy while managing 6 to 8 tables at a time. Have management meet with coaches 1 on 1 on a periodic basis to get feedback as to what is actually happening on the floor. Upgrade table touch computers (they are turtle slow). Get input from people who actually use these systems to see what we would like to have to make them more user friendly.

This company is a complete mess, too big for it's own good, crapy hotels that are not kept up as well as competitors.

Corporate Manager (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsPays better than MGM. Gary L. the CEO is a great public speaker and very enjoyable to listen to. He knows how to make everything sound great and encouraging, even though things are a complete mess.

ConsAll upper management (meaning Gary L) wants to do is grow the company, HUGE debt load keeps increasing. Politics galore, land minds everywhere, watch out! Flakey, moody coworkers. Poor communication at all levels. No one respects each other, no one seems happy, everyone is miserable and just deals with it day to day. Most everyone that leaves does so much better! Company wastes a lot of money on half baked projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou know it's bad when there is a high turn over at every level of the company including upper management. All the good people leave and don't stick around.

You are nothing but a number

Surveillance Officer (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsI can't think of any. There is not one person in my department that isn't looking for a new job.

ConsUpper management is clueless. They look for reasons to fire you. They take money from your check for no reason and it's up to you to chase it down then wait until the following check to receive it. Equipment is shoddy and difficult to use. No raises. Bad food. They don't give you your PTO money when you leave the company. 401k match is capped at $600 per year. They brag about all the money they are spending on improvements while telling you they can't afford to give you a raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop acting like you're doing everyone a favor by employing them.

Favoritism and Frustration

Buyer (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsLarge corporation benefits, opportunities to utilize facilities and entertainment. The company values are admirable and the company gives back to the communities where they are located.

ConsInbred favoritism to certain staff members by supervisors, poor relations with vendor partners, unprofessional management practices overall. Salaries tend to be lower and raises and bonuses non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micromanaging, make bonus structure obtainable, invest in your employees just half as much as you do in brick and mortar projects.

Not the best company I have worked for.

National Sales Manager (Current Employee) Midwest City, OK

ProsFriendly people on the surface. Good leadership.

ConsCrazy crazy administrative duplication that does not allow sales people to sell. As long as you keep up with the administrative stuff, you are golden. If you sell, have appointments, and make your goals you could absolutely no way keep up administratively. Truly selling gets you in trouble.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow up! Focus on training and for goodness sakes, please implement better reporting so your sales people can sell.

Worked for Caesars Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!