Caesars Entertainment

Updated Mar 4, 2014

Caesars Entertainment President & CEO Gary Loveman

Gary Loveman

18 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

This was a great place to work.

Surveillance Operator (Current Employee)
Robinsonville, MS

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time for less than a year

ProsGood people, great benefits, food was free during your shift

ConsIT was cold. Should have never taken another job. I did not like the shift I worked.

I had great experience working at Harrah's

Casino Service Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than 5 years

Prosthe people are really great to work with

Consthey need to look at the people that work so hard for them no their friends.

Enjoyed working at the Company. Provided many opportunities.

Director of Accounting (Former Employee)
Memphis, TN

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than 10 years

ProsProvided ample opportunities for learning new areas. Ability to travel to locations and observe operations.

ConsNo opportunity for advancement unless you were located in Las Vegas.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide means of cross-training with other departments.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great benefits but hard on family life.

Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee)
Tunica, MS

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time for less than a year

ProsBenefits were good, pay was decent, lots of people to meet and interact with, lots of opportunity to promote within

ConsSchedules are not conducive to family life, have to work on holidays usually

Diversity

Casino Dealer (Former Employee)

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCompany lays out a solid statement for equality, fairness, and procedures. Salary as a dealer is above average. They provide enough marketing to keep business steady. Steady schedule.

ConsWork load for supervisors are demanding. Working holidays and weekends is always a downer.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example.

Very stuctured and lot of expectation

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Tunica Resorts, MS

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment

ProsFriendly atmosphere and good support.

ConsLimited advancement and limited 401k match.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you can make it better for your employees do so. If not do not allow million dollar bonuses and take away without returning the favor to the employees.

Once great company is now solely profit seeking

Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Caesars Entertainment

ProsHarrahs pays better than most casino and offer a great benefit package, but it is only great if you follow strict guidelines of preventative healthscreening.

ConsCustomer service is now at all time low. Employees are spotlighted on performance way too often. Structured to the point of being robots not true service warriors.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink back on how it began, great people giving great service, and service recognition.

Weak senior management and company continues to reduce employee benefits.

Table Games Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment

ProsThey provide a reasonable paycheck and my work environment is good.

ConsThe company has lost all credablility with its employees and senior managment continues to believe that it can continue to keep rolling over its employees with its constant cutbacks. The fact that the company was forced to change its brand image from Harrah's Entertainment to Caesar's Entertainment says it all.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe employees are now paying for the excessive acquisitions of years past. The economy has given you a convienient out.

I left, and never looked back!

Manager (Former Employee)
Tunica Resort, MS

I worked at Caesars Entertainment

ProsMany opportunties to move around, and travel. Pay is good once you reach Manager positions and above. Largest gaming company in the world-attiude of working for the best in the field.

ConsLong hours put in for nothing. Little to no work -life balance. MBA driven and run...poorly! Little concern and respect given to experience. More attention give to education. The more recent the MBA, the larger the title and salary. Textbook teaches nothing about the industry. Experience is key. Senior Management are over paid, given too many benefits, too much respect, and are not trust worthy leaders. Senior Management is also very clicky. High school environment. Development of staff is weak and hardly give attention/focus.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuote: "People want a grounded employer. They want a employer that's going to be responsible to them." Carl Paladino

Harrah's I Hardly Know Ye!

Slot Attendant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment

ProsStable corporation, good benefits, competitive salary, training

ConsSince the economic downturn, it's not the same place I hired in for in July! Skeleton crew, slashing of supplies, TDR stripped bare, practically. Most of us can't get a radio that works before we go onto the floor. Training follow-up has practically stopped. Also, they've combined EVS/Slots/Table Games as well as Total Rewards/Cage. Sheraton is the "stepchild" property here in Tunica - most of the $$$ and effort goes to Horseshoe and that pitiful moneypit Harrah's (formerly The Grand).

To be fair, I realize that revenue is way down, and that drastic measures are probably happening everywhere. I think the real downside is that Harrah's Ent. has overextended itself in acquiring various properties and that this time it's really getting bitten.

I've seen some really good and some really bad mid-level management here. I'm happy to say the really bad ones have been already laid off :)

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't know how "senior" you mean. If you mean the people here in Tunica, I'd tell them send out their resumes. Harrah's is definitely hurting. If you think it can't happen to you, just ask the guys who were at the Shoe who eventually migrated to the Fitz!

Worked for Caesars Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Caesars Entertainment reviews and ratings in Memphis, TN — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Caesars Entertainment CEO Gary Loveman. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Caesars Entertainment employees.