Caesars Entertainment Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Do not work here

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Compensation is fair, union benefits.

Cons

Working conditions are terrible. Unprofessional. Racism and discrimination in hiring practices, advancement opportunities and compensation. The company filed bankruptcy in January, backdoored all their low level creditors, would not give a second thought to doing the same to employees.

2. Caesars

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership, always available to discuss new projects and new ways to do business.

Cons

Older properties, Casino and Marketing have too much influence in the direction of the company. Centralization of some services and departments

Advice to Management

Rely less on centralization and allow the leaders of each property run that hotel.

Analyst, senior analyst, manager of analytics

Former Employee - Analytics- Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Analytics- Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good inter-office events. Halloween party was very popular, and "Office Olympics" provided at least one enjoyable day a month. Free employee dining room.

Cons

I was lucky enough to be on a couple of teams in this department, which was rare. Most analysts feel trapped in their position with little support from management to transfer. Of course the party line from management supports transfers, but when push comes to shove the VPs squabble over these decisions. This leads to a severe lack of movement for analysts. Promotions seem to be a source of drama everywhere, but management does little to address a common workplace problem. In fact, a potential promotion might be as simple as the department you chose: Marketing: largest department also has high turnover. Analysts positions are slow and uninspiring, with many leaving after 1 year of service. Those who stay can move up out of Management's desperation, even if skills don't justify. This would be a good choice if you can be patient in the beginning. Revenue Management: I had little interaction with this group, but near the end of my stay a new VP picked up the slack and was doing good things. General morale was on the rise. Gaming: this is the Jekyll and Hyde department. It appears that a select few love the work, while the rest of the department suffers massive turnover. Hours seem to be intense, and there has been a gap in manager/director leadership for quite some time. Low end promotions much more common than manager+ promotions. Advanced: a lot of brilliant talent works in this department and then leaves about a year after. High stress work sent directly to senior management. Great department to be noticed with big impact projects. I assume talent here is underpaid due to high turnover. Positions commonly are from college recruiting efforts. Data Logistics/ very friendly people work in this department with many talented professionals. My impression of job duties or repetitive and promotions also rare. Hospitality: perhaps least sophisticated analytic work out of all departments, however the department has a great manager that analysts seem to work hard for and appreciate. Turnover seems to come from frustration of poor analytical acumen from VP and repetitive work. VIP Marketing- had little interaction with them, but word was work was very repetitive and highly scrutinized. Turnover seemed high at the analyst level, but stagnant at senior +. Finance- this group is separated from the rest of the department. Very long hours, but work on projects directly impacting the business with some potential of advancement. But expect 9-9 to be your workday at 50k... College recruiting: I heard a number of analysts from this program say they felt tricked or lied to regarding the glamor of a potential position. Also, relocation requires 18 month stay, which leads to many analysts feeling trapped. In conclusion, three common themes for the overall department. High turnover, low pay, high stress.

Advice to Management

Do more social events. These fun days seemed to be the only thing that cut through the misery of working there. Assuming addressing other glaring issues is difficult due to bankruptcy filing.

5. cage cashier

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ok pay depending on dept.

Cons

They expect you to perform like a circus animal. It doesn't feel like they care about the employees at all. I felt like a robot with skin.

Advice to Management

Wouldn't matter.

Good career building and learning company

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time

Pros

A very progressive company in the gaming industry; their processes and programs are far ahead of the competition. A strong culture of customer service and a willingness to invest in the programs that drive service initiatives.

Cons

The company has lost some of its core focus in the last few years under the financial pressures of the economic environment. They still talk about the same values, but actions are inconsistent.

Advice to Management

Walk the talk! If fun is the name of the game, then encourage fun. And if everyone should greet everyone, put down your cell phone.

7. Supervisor

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlantic City, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlantic City, NJ

I worked at Caesars Entertainment

Pros

GOod people and made friends

Cons

Horrible Facility, need to add capital

Advice to Management

Improve rooms

8. Great Environment

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time

Pros

Great company to work for and I enjoyed my co-workers. Was able to advance and grow with the company at an accelerated pace. Hard work and commitment will pay off.

Cons

With a change in leadership comes changes in structure. My position was eliminated due to bankruptcy filing.

Average Company-nothing special

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time

Pros

Good wellness program, my team was high energy and fun to work with.

Cons

No raises, PTO is less than average, very high deductibles for health insurance. It's very much a "Do More With Less" mentality

Advice to Management

Management should look to the top to cut costs not front line employees. Under-staffing is a problem.

10. Guest Services Manager

Current Employee - Guest Services Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Guest Services Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time

Pros

Learning hotel operations and being encouraged to expand my knowledge.

Cons

Guest complaints can't always be resolved.

Advice to Management

Push workers to excel, it improves the company as well.

11. Not what I expected

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free parking for employees which is a big plus working downtown New Orleans.

Cons

Very low pay and very hard to get full time hrs (40 per wk) especially in my dept.

Advice to Management

Better pay and more full time hours.

RSS Feed </> Embed