Caesars Entertainment

Updated September 19, 2014
2.9

Caesars Entertainment President & CEO Gary Loveman
Gary Loveman

Pros
  • great opportunity for advancement (in 9 reviews)

• There is very good work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • This is not the area to work in if you desire a work/life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Cooperate and management denies raises while upper management get bonuses (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Don't come to Cleveland!

Current Employee - Table Games Coach  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Table Games Coach in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time for less than a year

Pros

The insurance is very good.

Cons

You will consistently work unpaid overtime because the workforce is not managed correctly. There is no effort to get table games coaches home to their families on time (unless you are part of a select group). The salary for a table games coach in Cleveland is one of the lowest in the Caesars Entertainment group as well as the industry while it is also one of the top income producing properties in the brand. This is due to the lack of competition in the Cleveland area. Many coaches have left and there is a very slow effort to replace them, however they are offering higher salaries to try to bring people in while leaving the current workers at their same salary (not really a salary-you are only paid for the time there and you are not paid for the 5 hours or so a week that you are REQUIRED to do work oriented things off the clock). As a table games coach, they take away your personal life by consuming it with things to do off the clock (spotlights on dealers, classes, e-mails, etc.).

Look at the salaries of the current table games coaches and make them competitive with not only the rest of the brand but also the gaming industry. Treat the coaches like the dealers and get them home on time. If the dealers have to stay late they are paid overtime so there is a huge amount of effort to get them out on time. In other casinos, there are pit bosses to create new player cards, write comps, & process markers. In Cleveland, we get to do all of these things while trying to keep the customers happy while managing 6 to 8 tables at a time. Have management meet with coaches 1 on 1 on a periodic basis to get feedback as to what is actually happening on the floor. Upgrade table touch computers (they are turtle slow). Get input from people who actually use these systems to see what we would like to have to make them more user friendly.

good benefits

Current Employee - Food Server  in  Cherokee, NC
    Current Employee - Food Server in Cherokee, NC

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than a year

Pros

they give you good benefits

Cons

every job is very demanding

N/A

You are nothing but a number

Current Employee - Surveillance Officer  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Surveillance Officer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can't think of any. There is not one person in my department that isn't looking for a new job.

Cons

Upper management is clueless. They look for reasons to fire you. They take money from your check for no reason and it's up to you to chase it down then wait until the following check to receive it. Equipment is shoddy and difficult to use. No raises. Bad food. They don't give you your PTO money when you leave the company. 401k match is capped at $600 per year. They brag about all the money they are spending on improvements while telling you they can't afford to give you a raise.

Stop acting like you're doing everyone a favor by employing them.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This company is a complete mess, too big for it's own good, crapy hotels that are not kept up as well as competitors.

Current Employee - Corporate Manager  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Corporate Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pays better than MGM. Gary L. the CEO is a great public speaker and very enjoyable to listen to. He knows how to make everything sound great and encouraging, even though things are a complete mess.

Cons

All upper management (meaning Gary L) wants to do is grow the company, HUGE debt load keeps increasing. Politics galore, land minds everywhere, watch out! Flakey, moody coworkers. Poor communication at all levels. No one respects each other, no one seems happy, everyone is miserable and just deals with it day to day. Most everyone that leaves does so much better! Company wastes a lot of money on half baked projects.

You know it's bad when there is a high turn over at every level of the company including upper management. All the good people leave and don't stick around.

Favoritism and Frustration

Former Employee - Buyer  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Buyer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Large corporation benefits, opportunities to utilize facilities and entertainment. The company values are admirable and the company gives back to the communities where they are located.

Cons

Inbred favoritism to certain staff members by supervisors, poor relations with vendor partners, unprofessional management practices overall. Salaries tend to be lower and raises and bonuses non-existent.

Stop micromanaging, make bonus structure obtainable, invest in your employees just half as much as you do in brick and mortar projects.

Not the best company I have worked for.

Current Employee - National Sales Manager  in  Midwest City, OK
    Current Employee - National Sales Manager in Midwest City, OK

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly people on the surface. Good leadership.

Cons

Crazy crazy administrative duplication that does not allow sales people to sell. As long as you keep up with the administrative stuff, you are golden. If you sell, have appointments, and make your goals you could absolutely no way keep up administratively. Truly selling gets you in trouble.

Follow up! Focus on training and for goodness sakes, please implement better reporting so your sales people can sell.

What happened to job security?

Current Employee - Casino Supervisor  in  Maricopa, AZ
    Current Employee - Casino Supervisor in Maricopa, AZ

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A true leader in the casino industry. A fun and exciting work environment. Employees who care about their job and like to serve guests.

Cons

This company is notorious for cutting positions of employees with long tenure. It is not a place where you can count on working until you retire. The hours are long for those on salary. The working conditions are smoky and loud. Employee effort is seldom noticed.

Examine your workforce. See your employees as people and not numbers on operating statements.

Worst company I've ever worked for

Former Employee - Waitress  in  Atlantic City, NJ
    Former Employee - Waitress in Atlantic City, NJ

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Non-management employees in all departments are great to work with. Being in the union kept pay rates fair & provided some job security.

Cons

Low level managers/supervisors are encouraged to treat employees badly & use bully tactics to get results from their employees. Employees are harassed on a daily basis throughout the length of their shift. You will only hear what you/your coworkers are doing wrong but never about the positive things.

Treat your employees with respect & you will get the positive results you are looking for. Company morale will go up & that will show throughout the building, right down to your guests.

Stay Away!

Current Employee - Director  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Director in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Seeks industry skill sets beyond gaming. Leads to more diversity in backgrounds and skills.

Cons

Favors those upper mgmt likes, no opportunity for advancement (unless you're favorored), work/life is terrible, blame the messenger mentality.

They won't listen so why bother

Working here was a great learning experience and allowed me to be hands on with things I normally wouldn't be able to.

Current Employee - Poker Room Supervisor  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Poker Room Supervisor in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Its good money and they hire supervisors with little or no experience. This allows someone to enter a great career and get the tools one would need to grow and advance. A very action filled and fun job!

Cons

The dealer Union caused a lot of headache and Leadership seems very scared to do anything to upset them, even at the expense of the Supervisors. Some leadership can be cliquey and this really can lead to the feeling of being under appreciated. They do not follow the Service Profit Chain very well.

Take care of the people who have your back. I think giving more energize the supervisors would have had a trickle down effect and our front line would have better A scores. Be more open and transparent with us. We are adults, we can handle bad news. We just want you to respect us and be honest.

Worked for Caesars Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!