Cagwin & Dorward

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Dennis Dougherty

Some care and some dont, You will know who when you meet them.

General Manager (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsNo mean people here, Good Equipment, lots of room to grow if you put the time forward, care and be honest. You will learn if you listen.

ConsLove this place, and replying with negitive comments would be wrong. Cons are for people who dont work here anymore. I think C&D could reprimand, replace, remove more employees for poor performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend less by removing unproductive or non cash generating Employees. Remember people tend to give false hope when money is involved, never pass that down to others because you feel you you are in a position that deserves more. Greed is wrong, helping make ends meet for real families is right no matter how much or little. Try harder!

Opportunities for career growth

Construction Department Manager (Current Employee)
    Novato, CA

ProsC&D provides opportunities for career growth through leadership training, a learning culture and employee development plans. Compensation is competitive or above industry averages. One of few landscape contractors who offer paid health care to both employees and their families.

ConsSome office facilities are old and repairs are not a priority. There can be a gap between the companies vision and actual initiatives.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind new leaders to join the team and evaluate them for the ownership succession plan. Improve communication about company initiatives.

8 owners all pointed in different directions. Focus off customers and on profits

Manager (Current Employee)

Proslong time reputation as a solid landscaper in the Bay Area. Some long time employees that have weathered the changes.

ConsHave 8 cooks in the kitchen is insane. Each owner has an agenda. I've been pulled aside by multiple owners to be told to pretend to go along with owner A and not really...do something else. There is a huge focus on profits. One owner told me that a lot of overhead goes to the outgoing owners and to the high salaries/bonuses of the current owners. In the area that I cover, my competitors that beat me on quality are much less expensive per hour. These guys are able to provide better trained crews for more hours. How can we compete with that? Most of the owners are chomping at the bit to get the biggest share holder out.

Advice to Senior Managementwatch your back internally and externally.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company in a state of change

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

Prossome good people in middle management. A well established brand name.

ConsThe original owners are long gone and their original concepts are gone too. The company has evolved into a corporate machine that places little value on the core concepts that made the company what it is. If you have not been selected to own stock, you have no guarantee of keeping your job no matter what you do or how well you do it. There is a lot of focus on creating an image of interest in the environment but it is almost entirely driven by a marketing plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a hard look at what built the company earlier on.

Worked for Cagwin & Dorward? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cagwin & Dorward reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cagwin & Dorward CEO Dennis Dougherty. All reviews posted anonymously by Cagwin & Dorward employees.