Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec

www.lacaisse.com
  www.lacaisse.com

Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec Reviews

4.4

Michael J. Sabia
1 Rating

Analyst

I have been working at Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Perfect work/life balance in the finance industry and I am in a very professional team that I think is really outperforming our counterparties

Cons

The team is very large and complex and you probably won't understand your coworker's job function after months

Very good, people are nice, they promote you if you work hard!

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec

Pros

Good atmosphere
    Nice team work
    good management

Cons

Too much of paperwork
    It is slow to make a change

Despite the shocking loss of 2008, the CDPQ is still one of the best places for investment bankers in QC.

Former Employee - Analyst - Administration  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Analyst - Administration in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec

Pros

Very career driven people and the opportunities for career growth are there. The CDPQ invests heavily in its employees and provides adequate compensation packages.

Cons

The Caisse suffered severe losses in 2008 that led to a negative political atmosphere and a significant number of layoffs.

keep it up, it's a tough competitive world out there!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

First-class, innovative environment with highly competent people. Talent is underpaid, takes ages to move up the ranks.

Former Employee - Senior Analyst, Tactical Asset Allocation  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst, Tactical Asset Allocation in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec

Pros

Brand name within the financial circles. Access to lots of resources. Possibility to venture with new financial products. Great work-life balance. People are very open to devise new ways of doing things.

Cons

People are underpaid compared to the rest of the industry. Can constitute a hurdle when leaving for other investment outfits. A bit bureaucratic. Highly political workplace in nature, i.e. can lead to illogical business decisions.

Please make sure that the environment is conducive to the career development of young talent. Age should not be a deterrent to promotion, talent and performance granted.

Worked for Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec? Contribute to the Community!