Caisses Desjardins

Be The First To
Add Photos

Caisses Desjardins Chairman, President, and CEO Monique F. Leroux

Monique F. Leroux

Great company to work for if you are looking for a balanced personal and work life !

Advisor (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsFairly good work conditions and benefits (indexed pension plan, insurances and salary, etc..)
    Management give importance to their employees' well being at work and outside of work.
    Limited stress environment, friendly colleagues.
    Great but still limited opportunities to grow within the firm.

ConsNot suited for those who are looking for a challenging and simulating environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe culture does not encourage their employees to be creative and to go beyond the box.

Not as good as possible

Financial Planning (Current Employee)

ProsGood work-life balance, easy access and enjoy meeting clients and helping them to diversify their portfolio

ConsTraining is not readily available, compensation is less than good

A solid, dynamic financial institution with limited prospects for quick-risers, yet some of the best advantages around.

Section Manager (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros- Social advantages
    - Sustainability
    - Integrity
    - Fair salaries

Cons- Slow moving
    - Lack of vision
    - Opportunities for advancement come scarcely

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the business side of things. Although the company's cooperative values are important, many strategic decisions are taken with relatively low insight and weak focus on the bottom line. Quick-risers are held down in the name of tenure and stability, which limits innovation and growth within the operations.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Developpement Manager

Business Manager (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsGreat employee and fun at the job
    Nice people every day

ConsNot enough work time

Advice to Senior ManagementGive us more working hours

I am new but so far my experience has been terrific

Causlty and Prperty Agent (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsDesjardins invests heavily in developing employees and encourages further education. Benefits and pension are great.

ConsWork pressure at times can become unmanageable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo try and inspire all staff by having success stories of people within and out of the company shared. A more incentivised program

Great place to work... for the first 6 months

Sales (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsThe company has great growth potential, its making really smart business decisions and looks like it has a very bright future. The Sales team is big but it feels small because the team structure.

ConsVery rigid office culture, not a lot of young people. Time off policies are terrible, they make it difficult to take time off. The career advancement policies are very bad, they need the supervisors to focus less on targets, and more on making the employees better. The structure is almost designed to keep you stuck in one position for 5 years. Compensation package is outdated and needs review.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany needs to focus on its employee experience. They need to change the culture and they need a better compensation package.

A classy workplace with good socialism policies

ProsThe workforce is collaborative and happy. There are many interesting projects happening in all areas.

ConsBudgets are difficult to secure, and downsizing often happens at a moment's notice. Plan ahead.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't panic. Keep fighting to keep your hard-earned teams together.

Interesting

Investment and Retirement Consultant (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsFlexible work hours, 35 h per week, good collegues

ConsVery french environment, poor careers opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training in how to lead

Don't get hired in a permanent position as a developer

Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsDesjardins offer great packages, but insurances aren't the best you can find...
    You'll have stability and a 35hrs working week...

ConsToo much management
    You may end up doing everything but what they lured you in interview (beware of the job description)

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your employee be free!

Work-life balance top quality, explains why so many women work there.

Conseiller Service Aux Membres (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsCool place if you don't really want to spend most of your time working. Salaries are quite standard, but there only little pressure on results. You can find a Caisse Desjardins very near to your home, making it an easy choice again for work-life balance.

ConsIf you're a go-getter, you'll either get a higher position or leave. It's mostly by moving from one branch to another that you get higher positions, unless you're in a big branch (100+ employees). Don't expect speaking english unless you're in a very specific area.

Advice to Senior ManagementNumbers are only part of Desjardins strength, put more focus on the client's satisfaction in evaluating employees.

Worked for Caisses Desjardins? Contribute to the Community!