Cajun Industries
www.cajunusa.com Baton Rouge, LA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Cajun Industries Reviews

Cajun Industries – Braithwaite – “8 mile Floodwall completed in 9 months”

Ken Jacob

The people are great! The place you want to begin your career and end it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Cajun Industries as an intern for more than a year

Prospeople, work experience, industry leaders

Consno flexible work schedule, office can be quiet

Wonderful

Laborer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cajun Industries full-time for less than a year

ProsGood benefits, great pay and dependable work schedule,it's always a job going on in the construction industry, always a job going on in the Baton Rouge area

ConsPlenty of heat in the construction industry, limited or no shaded areas so you have to stay hydrated and eating the right foods to be prepared to work under the elements everyday

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everyone fairly

I have been let down by this company, along with many others......no loyalty to employees.

Heavy Equipment Operator/Foreman (Current Employee)
Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Cajun Industries

ProsGreat pay, excellent benefits package, safe working conditions, great rapport with most other employees.....I really enjoyed most every day of working for them.

ConsNo loyalty to employees......I worked for Cajun, up until recently, since 2006.....every time a project starts downsizing, they have to start layoffs, and up until recently, I could always count on my exceptional work performance to guarantee I would be sent to another job.....no longer is that the case.....on my last project, I had more seniority than all except one other operator on the job, yet I was the first one laid off.....they kept several operators with much less experience, and then hired more from the Project Superintendent's former company, even though my wife is very ill, and we really needed to keep our insurance........I talked to several people about what happened, and they couldn't care less....I was eventually told by someone at corporate that's just how it is......well, it's not right, and even though I know this happens at a lot of companies, I never expected it to happen at Cajun......I have loved this company and always spoken it's praises, but in just the last few years, I've watched what we call the "Cajun Culture" all but disappear.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advice I have for management is for them to show good employees the loyalty they deserve, and take more into consideration when it's time for layoffs, than just who's hanging out with supervision on off days.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great learning experience

I have been working at Cajun Industries

ProsPays well and great group of people to work with

ConsNo job security and over bids jobs

Worked for Cajun Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cajun Industries reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cajun Industries CEO Ken Jacob. All reviews posted anonymously by Cajun Industries employees.