Cal-Am Properties, Inc.

Updated Jun 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Cory S Sukert

Long term employment - great place to skills as the residents are every age, and type, requiring refined PR.

ProsAmazing place to develop PR skills that will enhance EVERY work status.

ConsNo paid time off, NO benifits. No weeks off - No vacation in 9 years

Good place to start out in this industry!

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsIt's a very fun place to work! We get to throw great parties for residents, the staff is great, the residents are very kind and nice to be around. It's a great place to work if you are starting out in the work force again. I've been sent to a few great training seminars, learned new programs to use on my resume, and have a great start to my resume. (Been a stay at home mom for 7 years prior)

ConsThey tell you starting out there are no raises. This is how you get high turnover and lose great employees. They should at least give small raises every now and then. There is no health insurance, 401K etc, except for higher up employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees a reason to stay with this company. It really is a great company with friendly people and a good atmosphere. I hate to leave but cannot stay if I will never get even a small raise. Who would??!!!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Current Property Manager at Naples Estates

ProsCal-Am Properties is with out any doubt the best company I have worked for in property management. They are always supportive and provide me as the property manager, with the tools necessary to be a successful property. It is refreshing to have that kind of support.

ConsI really do not have any!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing waht you are doing, I love my jobs and I love my company!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This company is not what it seems

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey differently offer good benefits and a good starting salary. You start off by feeling that you are working for a great company.and in time you find out the truth.

ConsThey are not a not very honest company. They love to micro manages the communities. This results in "everything comes from California" which causes many problems. They keep saying they are the best in the industry. This might be true for the number of communities they manage but not their integrity or respect for employees/community members.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour growth of upper staff was during the real estate boom and now you they are in place and have very little idea how to run this company in today's world. Sad, really !
    Middle management is very scared of upper management. NO WAY TO RUN A COMPANY

Great Place to work

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

Proslimited oversight as long as you are producing results
    Open to ideas and suggestions

Conslow commission schedules compared to industry

Advice to Senior Managementgvie better commission structures and incent employees to make more and sell more

no employee loyalty at all

Executive Chef (Former Employee)
    Mesa, AZ

Prosif you are a "yes" person it is a good place to work.Residents are #one.Facilities are wonderful

ConsBig expectations, low employee morale, managers are paid low wages, no benefits for anybody, you are expected to do whatever it takes to keep the owners happy,i.e. cater there personal functions(barmitzvah,etc)

Advice to Senior Managementbe more employee oriented, everybody is doing an excellent job.Don't change policies midstream, give something a chance to work. Don't have blinders on and listen only to one side.You might be able to gain some trust and have some long terme employees

It pays the bills if you need a job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRelaxed work environment. You are not getting get to stressed out working here.
    Buildings are relatively nice

ConsLots of turnover because they always hire somebody just good enough to get by.
    You will get low balled in salary.
    No team work or appreciation.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some structure and formalize some employee procedures.
    Don't micro manage the company. Create systems that work and follow through.

Worked for Cal-Am Properties, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cal-Am Properties, Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cal-Am Properties, Inc. CEO Cory S Sukert. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Cal-Am Properties, Inc. employees.