Cal Net Technology Group

Sr. Project Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer  in  Chatsworth, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Chatsworth, CA

I have been working at Cal Net Technology Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Cal Net is an ever changing environment, every assignment is different and gives a rewarding challange. I'm glad not to be working in a static technology environment.

Cons

I have no Cons. All people are different as well as companies. Eventually you'll find a good fit.

Keep up the good work!

Mondays are awesome!

I have been working at Cal Net Technology Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really professional, but isn't completely buttoned down. You can talk about the latest issues and get solutions for them then switch back to talking about sports, hobbies, life. A collection of very warm thoughtful people that move about the office and it's not at all uncommon to hear laughter through the offices. Everyone is in it for the clients and I love it. Good leadership with an open door policy whom are very easily approached with issues. I can depend on them to hear me out and work out a solution to my problem. Great perks for achieving goals and monthly meetings that take the time to give thanks to those who did something excellent for our clients and to each other. It's very collaborative with people more than willing to give assistance to anyone who needs it.

Cons

Training was tough for me. There are a lot of clients that we handle and keeping track of them and their various set ups can be daunting, but time cures this. As long as you're flexible and adaptable you will be fine.

Don't stop being great.

Great place - Great executives - Nice co-workers to work with

Current Employee - Management  in  Chatsworth, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Chatsworth, CA

I have been working at Cal Net Technology Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I just submitted another review but it didn't go through, so here is my abbreviated version in case my previous review gets posted. This is a great place to work. The size of the company and the entrepreneurial attitude of the executives are the keys to the success of Cal Net being one of the largest IT consulting companies in Southern California. I came from a much smaller MSP and the difference between Cal Net and this smaller player is night and day.

The environment here is very easy going and enjoyable. There are no roadblocks, the executives simply expect you to perform without putting up unnecessary obstacles like many other employers put up. It's a very positive and rewarding environment. The vendors and partners respect Cal Net due to the size of the company and gold level partnerships. My biggest complaint with the previous company was lack of a budget for my department. The exact opposite is true with Cal Net. They invest in the company and the employees for growth and maximum efficiency.

Cons

The biggest con may be for someone who lives far away from the 118 Freeway and Topanga. Map the location, if you are living far away and aren't a remote engineer, then you need to judge the distance and make that determination. However, you may find you are traveling against traffic and the longer commute may be a better route. I choose to avoid the 405 freeway like the plague, so the commute works well for me.

Keep doing what you are doing. Be friendly to your employees, allow the environment to remain exactly the same, open door, open conversations, positive and fun. Keep allowing the employees to do what they know how to do so they can continue to achieve goals and help the company grow and be the best it can be. I have been in many environments where the executives are mean, controlling, anal, and this has a direct impact on the happiness and productivity of the employees. Cal Net has a very positive and enjoyable environment and the executives have a direct impact on this along with the HR manager and recruiter (keep treating your employees well and they will perform well for you).

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lack of growth, slimy Sales team

Former Employee - Senior Project Consultant  in  Chatsworth, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Consultant in Chatsworth, CA

I worked at Cal Net Technology Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good entry-level place to work to gain lower-level consulting experience, easy place to work (low technical skill required) for more seasoned engineers.

Cons

No real company growth or direction, Sales management team is horrific (promising things and expecting the Delivery team to "find a way"). The pay is sub-par for most of the industry, with escalating responsibilities and no ability to actually be responsible (but accept all the blame). Many in senior management are more concerned with popularity contests than job competency (poor employees sometimes last years). Clinging to an outdated model (small business on-site consulting) that's in decline.

Develop a long-term plan (e.g. 3 years) for growth, increase accountability where it is deserved. Stop ignoring all checks & balances in order to get the quick sale. Consider paying more competitive wages and bonuses for seasoned professionals.

Cal Net Technology Group Response

Jul 1, 2014Human Resources Manager

We are always open to constructive feedback from clients, partners, employees, and even as this is the case, former employees. Our aim is to be an Employer-of-Choice and we are constantly reviewing ... More

Cal Net realizes that its product is its people, and therefore employees are taken care of.

I have been working at Cal Net Technology Group full-time

Pros

Cal Net has a solid management team that provides good direction for the company. The company is growing and has been very successful and in turn provides opportunity for its employees to grow and advance within the company.

Cons

Since the majority of the employees work out in the field, there can be a disconnect and a feeling that the field engineers are on their own.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Cal Net provides autonomy, mastery and purpose.

Current Employee - Technology Manager  in  Chatsworth, CA
    Current Employee - Technology Manager in Chatsworth, CA

I have been working at Cal Net Technology Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cal Net spends a lot of time in selecting and investing in "A Players". Not only is there great scrutiny through the interviewing process to ensure a good fit for both the candidate and the company; throughout ones tenure, Cal Net invests in the ongoing training, provides adequate support from other team members.

- Teamwork and collaboration is a big part in this company culture.

- The Leadership has done an effective job in providing direction, with a clear vision of growth.

- The leadership team has an open ear to continual improvement and bottom-up strategic suggestions.

- Because the company has many seasoned experts and A Players, autonomy is granted with effective QA processes in place to ensure overall quality of product and service delivery.

- Cal Net always recognizes and rewards staff members who go above and beyond.

**A Great Company Consists of Talented & Motivated Staff with Effective Leadership - Cal Net Has Both**

Cons

Being an LA-based company, commuting and traffic can be tough for some.

I LOVE Mondays!

I have been working at Cal Net Technology Group full-time

Pros

I have never felt more fulfilled in my professional life than now. The culture is unbelievably collaborative, it does great job of recognition/rewards for a job well done, and everyone is treated as a valued team member. The Company has been named “Best Places to Work” several times and there are many reasons for it. I hope to work here for a long, long time.

Cons

This place ROCKS! Honestly, there is nothing I don’t like about this place and it’s people. I LOVE Mondays!

Keep all your staff engaged and informed – it’s helped you build what you have. Keep finding ways to keep work FUN.

Awesome staff and management!

Current Employee - Technology Manager  in  Chatsworth, CA
    Current Employee - Technology Manager in Chatsworth, CA

I have been working at Cal Net Technology Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cal Net has built an awesome culture revolved around teamwork, even with half of the staff being in the field! Each person has has a skill set that allows everyone to benefit from
    especially the client. This is not your typical geek stop. Great personalities along with business and technical experience will be found here.

Cons

Although the required trainings may be a bit lengthy, it is definitely worth it as you get to keep up with new technologies, solutions, and you might just get certified with some of them.

Growing pains are tough. But keep doing what your doing to reinforce the new changes going on!

Great place to work with a wide variety of growth opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cal Net Technology Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been thoroughly impressed with the caliber of staff Cal Net has managed to bring together. From engineers to accounting to human resources to sales, the entire staff seems to enjoy coming to work.

Not only have the people been great, but the opportunities for movement and growth within the company have been a tremendous benefit for me.

Cons

Being that a lot of our work is done at clients' offices, it can be difficult to get to know your coworkers as well as you'd like. While everyone is available online, but there's no replacing the "in office" experience. That said, there are many events Cal Net offers to help employees bond.

Let's keep the company growing!

Network and consultants will find Cal Net a great place to work.

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cal Net Technology Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Exciting work, great peers, excellent management team and new adventures make Cal Net a fun and great place to work.

Cons

Cal Net is not 100% technical, people and business skills are needed.

Keep up the great work.

Worked for Cal Net Technology Group? Contribute to the Community!