Cal spas Reviews

1. Great people with alot of heart

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

I worked at Cal spas

Pros

Family environment Great Manager Good Medical Benefits Competitive Salaries

Cons

short lunch, not too many days off

Advice to Management

I truly enjoyed working at Cal Spas my manager was amazing,and overall it was positive experience that helped me grow as a professional.

2. VERY VERY unprofessional and hostile work invironment.

I worked at Cal spas full-time

Pros

Monday through Friday work schedule. That's the only benefit I can honestly think of.

Cons

The owner is a screaming, spoiled, childish psychotic. His yelling in staff minutes can be heard all across the office. Staff are not the only targets of his tantrums. I witnessed him cussing out employees in front of other employees. I have seen employees get up and walk out because of his behavior. I question their business ethics as well. The company will lay off employees when slow periods such as Christmas come around. Nothing about this is mentioned in the job interview and they blindside you with this.

Advice to Management

Sell the company, get a new president and re vamp the business practices

3. What a crappy place to work!

Former Employee - Network Administrator in Pomona, CA
    Former Employee - Network Administrator in Pomona, CA

I worked at Cal spas part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros.

Cons

Owner yells at employees using the F word continuiusly...

Advice to Management

Back off!!!!

5. A company that doesn't care about it's employees and even less about it's customers and products.

I have been working at Cal spas full-time

Pros

It's a job. Pay checks are the only thing to look forward to. Recently built main building. Guarded and gated parking lot.

Cons

Short sighted upper management. Lack of company organization. Lack of advancement opportunities. No fringe benefits. Serious cash flow issues. Company frequently chooses not to pay small vendors and suppliers after goods or services have been delivered. Very high employee turnover rate. HQ in Pomona, CA is in a very run down neighborhood.

Advice to Management

Start treating employees as valuable assets rather than expenses. Give employees more reasons to want to come to work each day. Pay your bills. Establish a better corporate culture and structure, such as coffee in the break room, corporate events and a board to make decisions. Invest more in your sales department and dealer relationships. Give sales people a reason to sell more, such as a salary and high commissions on sales. "Selling price determines all cost" is not a successful business model.

6. fun job

Former Employee - Sales in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I worked at Cal spas

Pros

Fun people to work with. Easier than breaking rocks. Very good hours for retail. This is selling, real selling. Too bad they closed their doors.

Cons

Waiting for product to deliver before being paid. Chargebacks on short or cancelled deals. descrepencies in figuring commissions. constant boredom.

Advice to Management

I think that toward the end there, there were too many managers and nobody who felt like they had to do anything

RSS Feed </> Embed