Calance Reviews

Philip Bligh

1. Great up and coming IT services company

Current Employee - IT Services in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - IT Services in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Calance (Less than a year)

Pros

Calance has learned the value of treating its employees right, and in turn creates the right atmosphere to treat its clients right.

Cons

Needs to market more to get its name more recognized.

Advice to Management

Invest in marketing so that other clients and employees can benefit from your refreshing style.

2. Recruiter position

Pros

good work/life balance, small office

Cons

low base salary, Lot of VMS clients

3. Wage thieves on their contractors

Current Employee - Contractor for Verizon in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Contractor for Verizon in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Calance (More than a year)

Pros

They don't follow up or call us to see how we're doing but once every year. They don't notify of u[pcoming contract ending.

Cons

Verizon cut what they pay to all contracting companies by 10% in 2014. Calence cut mine by 13% in order to remain revenue neutral, I'm sure. There is no other explaination they gave. They denied me any overtime pay by giving my some esoteric job title that had nothing to do with what I actually did for Verizon, so they could exploit labor law loopholes. Verizon advised them that this was against the law, and they relented. They did this as Partner's Consulting prior to merger. They reported my wages to the wrong state. Although possibly a mistake, I have to wonder if it wasn't deliberate so that I could not receive unemployment benefits when my contract ended (which they never called me about... see above) because of the other two instances I had with them.

Advice to Management

Management should have trouble sleeping at night.

5. Strong outlook within IT Consulting market, good vision

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Calance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Top Leadership makes effort to know employees in-person, have good network in market and strong vision to grow.

Cons

lack of vertical growth for employees, typical IT consulting mindset with no benefits other than base salary.

Advice to Management

Leadership need to nurture strong and committed employees and help them grow within organization.

6. Worked with some awesome folks

I worked at Calance full-time

Pros

Good pay, has good benefits package. Work wise you may end up working on projects which are spectacular or ones which are in the rut. It's just luck. Worked with some awesome technical minds here. If you are good? You will get your dye in terms of money and responsibilities.

Cons

No transparency from top management. Sales folks try to undercut project costs and resources. No clear idea of who is running the show. Sometimes decisions reflect apathy towards employees.

Advice to Management

Clarity In communication required

Terrible Company

Former Employee - Management in Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Management in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Calance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of long service (former ITResources/Partners Consulting) staff that are trying their best in a terrible situation.

Cons

Review is for the Managed Services Division. Since Calance acquired the firm, all the focus is on growth and cost cutting. They're losing key people and as a result, relationships with key clients. As the people leave, the clients leave.

Advice to Management

Stop outsourcing work to your offshore affiliate, and focus on employee retention. You've already lost many clients, and will lose more if you don't.

Excellent

Pros

I've enjoyed consulting for them at a major bank as they are responsive and professional.

Cons

I cannot think of anything negative about them.

9. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here at Calance and look forward to the continuous growth ahead.

Current Employee - Regional Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Calance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent leadership from the top down. They really listen to their employees and want to understand our thoughts on things and they really take our advice into consideration when making decisions. Great work life balance and a good attitude in the office. If you are looking for growth opportunities, look no further, Calance is growing significantly and the opportunities within the company are tremendous.

Cons

With growth comes change and there has been change at the Executive level over the last 6 months. This change was needed, but still change none the less.

Advice to Management

Listen to your leaders and understand what they each bring to the company and where they can be most effective when it comes to growing Calance and obtaining the goals we have set forth.

Lack of management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Calance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Having good friends. Nothing else comes to mind. Nothing to say good about this company

Cons

No advancement, no training. No management support only looking out for themselves. Hiring younger people and all they care is about partying.

Advice to Management

Back up your co-workers. Do not ask them to lie to the customer

Poor management has lead a once promising company to the brink of deaths door

Pros

If I am being honest to a friend I would not want them to work here.

Cons

horrible favoritism, every employee is treated differently no consistency. Management sorely lacking. No career growth. Very depressing environment. Nothing but backstabbing, lies and whining.

Advice to Management

fire or demote yourself. You are not managing you are looking out for only yourself not the organization and certainly not your employees. Foster communication and teamwork if you want even the smallest chance to succeed.

RSS Feed </> Embed