Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute

Reset
3.4
CEO

1. Crisis & Recovery Nurse

Former Employee - Family Oriented Company, and Never MET the Owners in Gastonia, NC

I worked at Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

on-site educational and resource opportunities

Cons

lack of diversity in professionalism at professional levels in the company

Advice to Management

Cultural sensitivity and diversity is needed when staff addresses clients needs

Not pleasant. When the new director of my department was hired I was not even given a chance to meet her in person.

Former Contractor - Culinary Arts Instructor in Hudson, NC
    Former Contractor - Culinary Arts Instructor in Hudson, NC

I worked at Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working with and mentoring the students in the Culinary program. I also enjoyed working with Brenda Dietz the founder and former director of the program. It is unfortunate that she retired after my first year of teaching at CCC&TI. I believe that together we could have taken the program to new heights.

Cons

I thought it was very impersonal and unprofessional for the new director to inform me that I was "no longer needed" as an instructor at CCC&TI by email without even having a chance to meet her in person to discuss my qualifications for the position.

Advice to Management

Do not be so hung up over degrees. Past experience and professional development count for a great deal. Sometimes practical experience is worth far more than a piece of paper.

3. Close-knit group of employees with lots of respect for others.

I have been working at Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute

Pros

Great working environment with lots of employee autonomy. They respect your work and are open to new ideas.

Cons

Parking situation can be difficult in fall and spring semesters. Not really a con if you don't mind walking a bit!

The Administration of this Company (Aviation Department) "Lies, Deceives, and tells false statements about you!"

I worked at Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get away from the Aviation Department, and you have a "Great" place to be associated with.

Cons

Aviation Department Instructors and some of the students are a bunch of "Backstabbing and Untrustworthy People." I have every laid my eyes on or talked to.

Advice to Management

Review your Aviation Department Instructors and replace them. They will lie to authorities and stab people in the back. They are not to be trusted. Some of the students are even worse than the instructors.

RSS Feed </> Embed