Calfrac Well Services

Updated Jun 1, 2014

Calfrac Well Services Chief Executive Officer and Director Doug Ramsay

Doug Ramsay

Frac Operator 1

ProsGreat People, Great Benefits, awesome pay and rewards. They treat entry level the same as any one else. This is a family company. Very structured. Everything is laid out. It is up to you to move up. There training is top notch. They wont throw you to the wolves. They really care about making sure everyone makes it home safely.

ConsNone, since I have been here you would have thought I worked here twenty years by how they treat you.

Poor and inexperienced management. Too young.

Bus Driver (Former Employee)
    Williston, ND

ProsBenefit package is ok and consistent with other companies

ConsInexperience management & lack of work

Advice to Senior ManagementGet experienced managers

Very entrepreneurial company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat opportunity to get ahead for those who are entrepreneurial, willing to start at the bottom, put in the hours and work hard. Great financial rewards! Great focus on safety

ConsCompany does not have a lot of infrastructure and employee support programs. Direction can change overnight. Too reliant on policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on developing corporate infrastructure,

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The culture at calfrac well services speaks for itsself, professional, team orientated family caring company.

Engineering Internship/Arkansas State University (Current Employee)
    Beebe, AR

ProsEmphasis on safety and training. Recognition for acheievments in the work enviroment. Benifits and savings packages. quality of pay for employees and the opportunity to grow from with in the company.

Conslong hours physical demands of the job, working 14 days in a row.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease never forget the men and women who work so hard to help make calfrac what it is today. Thank you so much for your hard work in making Cal Frac what it is today I am looking forward to a successful career with Cal Frac Well Services.

meh. Not too impressed with PA ops., but still a good company overall.

Technical Specialist In Training (Current Employee)

Prosguaranteed time off on rotational schedule. Potential opportunities for growth exist. In general, PA operations are very professional and upper management take a serious interest in ensuring safe work environments and practices.

ConsSpeaking from the engineering experience, there seems to be very little difference between the various levels of field engineers. ( TSIT I, TSIT II, and Technical Specialist). Not only that, but the role of the field engineer seems to be relatively obsolete for PA operations. Not that we don't go out to the field, we just don't have very many responsibilities on-site. We could do most of what we do remotely as our presence isn't really necessary. Also, the compensation is known to be one of the lowest in the area for Field Engineers.

The experience is fantastic.

I T Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee)
    Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsThe salary that is offered in the company is very competitive, and the benefits are very comprehensive. They are very good about work-life balance, and they include a bonus for profitable years.

ConsThere were hardly any cons, but minor conflicts in departmental visions/goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is to align departments with similar visions/goals.

Excellent experience working for an industry leader

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStrong focus on HSE and customer service
    Strong values and culture
    Entrepreurial environment

ConsCan be a cyclical business

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Good company to work for

Fracker (Current Employee)
    Medicine Hat, AB (Canada)

ProsWorked frac before and these guys are much better than Trican to work for good pay good benifits and good money if you're willing to work hard

ConsNot for everyone. It's not a holiday be prepared to work hard and get dirty in all weather conditions. Don't come here if you are lazy or don't believe in an honest days work, you won't last.

Good for getting one foot in the door

Accounts Payable (Former Employee)
    Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsBig company, good benefits, exposure to office politics if you've never had a job with an oil gas company before.

ConsI found people at Calfrac to be very narrow-minded and not much room to grow.

Not too bad

Electronic Technician (Current Employee)
    Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsIf you work in the field you will have a good bonus, and good over time too, but if you work in the maintenance shop you will have only your reguler hours.

ConsHard to get raise, and you must work for years for that. plus did not noticed efficent way measuring employees

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to look deeper to help employeesto have a good mood (Good mood means safe job) and reward those who work hard for it.

Worked for Calfrac Well Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Calfrac Well Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Calfrac Well Services CEO Doug Ramsay. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Calfrac Well Services employees.