Caliber Collision Centers

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steve Grimshaw

Fast paced, growth oriented, positive environment, lots of career building opportunities

ProsI really like the company's vision and the senior managements commitment to achieve the vision, mission and purpose. Senior mgmt. really cares about the employees. Continuous focus on improving processes.

ConsWork life balance, getting trained effectively.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would help if there was a better program in place to sufficiently train the employees within their respective roles. Less email please.

A company that is leading an industry, but it does have it's downsides

Office Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThere is opportunity to advance in this company. I myself advanced and saw many others do the same. The company also appears to be in good financial standing. If you are a hard working individual, there is little chance of being laid off. The company is ahead of its competitors in many ways, always striving to advance and grow.

ConsThe most difficult part of being a new employee is training. Most positions offer very little training, if any. This does lead to discrepancies in how things are "supposed" to be done. The company does protect those that benefit them the most, often trampling on those that don't. In this way, this is almost a politically run company.
    Through their attempts to advance and create the perfect employees, they had implemented many policies that failed. Although failure is an inevitable part of success, the company failures were, in many ways blamed on "incompetent" employees.
    I know many that were given false promises for advancements and raises. It is true, the employee turnover is terrible and the hours are very long.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn your quest to become Category Killers, don't forget that there are some talented, driven individuals that deserve opportunities. With the correct training and employee recognition, this company could become a well sought out company to work for. Training is not an Owner's Manual Training. Training is putting forth the time and effort to teach the job properly.

Also, it is not wise to continue to employ those that have seniority in the company but are not doing their jobs properly.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Becoming an Estimator / Advisor

ProsThere is a lot of opportunity and the company is very committed to promoting from within.

ConsThere is a lot to learn and the path to making a an income above 40K is going to take two to three years.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure an employee coming in at an entry level position understands that becoming an Advisor / Estimator is going to take two to three years and the pay level of an estimator is going to increase slowly over the second and third years.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Vision but lack of implementation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are opportunities for growth within the company. There are also opportunities for movement into other geographical regions.

ConsThis company is focused on growth and being a "category killer"; equating themselves to Walmart, they enter into regions without fully grasping what is needed to complement that market in terms of growth and strategy, applying a one-size fits all mentality across a multitude of markets. Their training is inconsistent and those implementing the training come with a mixed group of messages. There is a lack of accountability at the top levels of management - too many chiefs and not enough Indians. There is no real recognition of a job well done, instead focusing on a "what have you done for me lately" mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a consistent team for training; get systems in place with a strong training program. Find the good in people. When you enter a market, stick around and really, completely understand that market to understand the needs, strengths and weaknesses of the market - before moving on to the next acquisition.

never work there, i was let go .

Parts Manager (Former Employee) Indio, CA

Prosthey suck, no way to move up

Conswhen i need it help they talk about it but never did any thing for me

Advice to Senior Managementno

CSR

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsOvertime. I have no other pros. The turn over rate is bad!

ConsNo Training. Office Manager doesn't know the Job nor the Regional Office Manager. But they expect you to know it. Always adding more duties to an over abundant plate already. The C.A.R.E program is a joke. It doesn't connect to CCC1 most of the time so you are wasting valuable time entering in the same information in both systems. Too many bosses and each went things done there way. Quick to write you up and they have Regional and shop managers in as if ganging up on you. CSR is the lowest level and they let you know that. Bottom line is more important then the customer service. NO help at the Corp level either.
     I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS EMPLOYER!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementCorp needs to let the Shop Manager manage. Not just be a glorified babysitter. Don't make the bottom line the most important goal.

good company bad comunication

Parts Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosgreate company, great people and good benefits.

Conspoor communication between managers and employees

Nothing like being treated as a serf.

Painter (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsThey will only screw up your paycheck on occasion. You will get paid every week. Having a 401k was nice.

ConsWhen they takeover the shop your working at, everything will change. The push push push for the end of the month was ridiculous, shop managers were just trying to reach sales goals and not ecd's. Having random corporate managers watch over your shoulder without even knowing their name was absurd.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop having eight managers for every store.

Too many chiefs... Not enough indians

Office Manager (Former Employee)

ProsHard working Account Managers to keep the insurance companies happy with the company and allowing us to continue with their business.

ConsAlmost everything! No time for proper training, no organization, and it was always hard to know who my real manager was!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together.... And learn how to show employees appreciation!!

High Turnover

Sales (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsFor an employee unfortunately there is not much I can say. However, for consumers they have essentially in their respective markets become the Walmart of Collision Care. Unfortunately the way this company is run is that the bottom line is all that matters. Although they do have a much healthier financial postion than in the past it is a terrible environment to work in.

ConsExcessive turnover of employees and absolutely no loyalty to their employees whatsoever this is due to a militia style management team that took the company over several years ago. Although they did do a miraculous job in keeping the company from going bankrupt they pillaged and burned through any and every decent employee they had. It was made clear by the president of the company and at least two management meetings his only obligation was to "stockholders" and "nothing to employees and he was not there to make friends". That pretty much set the tone for the company that exists to this day.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo point they are focused on making sure the top tier is taken care of the day to day employees are completely expendable.

Worked for Caliber Collision Centers? Contribute to the Community!