Caliber Funding

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jim Ferriter

Great company for innovaters in the mortgage industry.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsSince change of Senior Management took place, the company is taking major steps to becoming a true mortgage lending force in nation. New growth of mortgage originators and branch locations show the dedication to capturing market and providing concierge service to the clients. Agressive compensation, benefits and fantastic culture.

ConsFast growth comes with growing pains, but the focus of resolution and fast response to issues offsets this.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep customer service as #1 goal and employee satisfaction #2. It's a winning combination.

Aggressive compensation a company that does what it says it can do!

Loan Officer (Current Employee) West Baton Rouge, LA

ProsExcellent supporting staff where underwiters make common sense decisions.If it is a good loan and it makes sense Caliber will be willing to approve it.Nice to be where approvals are actually based on system findings without the overlays that other lenders experience.

ConsIf underwriting could get to 48 hrs it would be great.Due to increase volume turntimes are longer.If new underwriters are hired please make sure they are up on current guidelines so that files can be approved quicker.Best to only hire the cream of th crop

Disappointing experience overall, happy to have left

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Benefits, some good people

ConsLack of commitment from Operations, high rates

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best Company that I have ever worked at in 30+ years

Production Assistant (Current Employee) Muncie, IN

ProsThe management of this company looks out for all the employees to ensure that they do have a life and stress the importance of family (not typical of mortgage companies). The most sincere and honest group of people that I have ever met.

ConsI have been here less than a year but I can't see why anybody would not want to work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementMarket this company so that it will be a household name and the company that all Realtors want to turn to first.

The Place to Be

Loan Consultant (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe perfect balance between the Broker and the Bank. Excellent benefits and Support Staff. Competitive Rates, including Jumbo, without the pressure from management. Company has people doing large volume and others small volume but everyone seems important. Great technical support too. Solid realtor tools and searching for more and always willing to either participate or fund them.

ConsTypical growing pains but company appears aggressive in dealing with it and is anticipating the necessary hires in advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing while continuing to be aggressive in the Jumbo market.

Great Company

Loan Consultant (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThis is the best mortgage company I've ever worked at. Leadership is very strong and fair. Allows you to build your business the way you want, and management is always there to listen to your suggestions. Setup allows loans to be closed very quickly and efficiently.

ConsNone at all, love everything!

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you, and keep it up!

Mortgage Company who gets it

Loan Consultant (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsHaving worked at 4 different companies in the past 20 years, Caliber is far and away the best place I've been. The management understands that the customer is important and puts resources in place to make sure the process is smooth. From upper management to the branch level, everyone is on the same page and works together to make this a successful and satisfying place to work. Never been happier with an employer.

ConsOur success and management forsight has helped us become very busy, which I guess isn't a bad thing afterall. Once we get staffed up this will go away.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. Nothing to add. Great job!

Excellent support, fun atmosphere, nice benefits, awesome coworkers and managers

Loan Consultant (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsCaliber has provided me with tools and methods to grow my business. They asked what support I needed. Then they followed through and supported me. Attitudes are great. My coworkers are knowledgeable and fun. The LOS is easy to use. I love being paperless. When I make a suggestion, they follow through and either implement it or explain why it's not implemented. Over 30 of my suggestions have been implemented, which have made processes flow more smoothly. From a company that is so large, it's amazing how well they listen to even 1 person. I am not a number, I am valued.

ConsEven though LOS is easy, it's a bit slow. They are improving this.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. Keep listening to us and providing us with tools and we'll keep working hard.

Join if you are badly in need of job and no one is hiring you

(Current Employee)

ProsMay be some cool people. don't really have good experiences to share

Cons- Very bad senior and mid level management.
    - Most of the managers and above are joke on the title and don't know anything about the management
    - very small company with bad and a lot of politics
    - company has no culture even companies with bad cultures have some culture
    - its a fund from loan star who buys trouble companies and sell them after making them profitable.
    - check how many CEOs have the company changed in last 4 years and you would understand the picture
    - you would hear few names very often and most of them can't even get job anywhere else

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst and foremost, get some education, then learn to manage and understand the realities that most of the people work for you only because they need a job

Do Not Waste Your Career At Caliber Funding

Irving, TX (Current Employee) Irving, TX

Prosnone at from what we see.

ConsThe company is bad on so many levels. Leadership can not be trusted at this place. Most everyone I speak with daily agrees that they will say anything to get what they want.

The company is not fun. The down economy is the only reason I am still here.

Leadership will lie to your face and talk about you behind your back quickly and expect you to trust them the next time around. If I only had finished my schooling or my degree and had any other options I would not work for Caliber Funding.

Do not work for aliber Funding please it is an awful experience and waste of my career move and would be a waste of your career too. Caliber Funding is not a place a successful person or any person with good sense in the industry to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for Caliber Funding? Contribute to the Community!