Caliber Funding

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jim Ferriter

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsNothing positive - stay away from this company by all means!!!

ConsBad management thus high turnover rate. Also, unethical management who lie, mislead, and mistreat workers verbally. Investigation should be led by outside agency to uncover the filth and unscrupulous, and illegal acts management is a part of scheming up. Minorities are marginalized and paid less than white co-workers for the same work. Not a great place to work at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire current management and hire smart, proven, successful, visionary leaders of all races and experiences.

Lack of culture and leadership

Technical Support (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsGood benefits for a mortgage bank

ConsLeadership constantly being replaced, lack of strategic direction, not profitable to date, mercernarial inl hiring and firing employees no sense of loyalty weak brand.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to establish a winning culture that is results oriented. Need to allow time for changes to develop and not make knee jerk decisions.

Horrible place to work!! Need to get out ASAP

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsBenefits are pretty good compare to others

ConsWork hours are crazy, 55 - 60 hours week, they expect people to have no life. Managers are in it for themselves you are just a stepping stool, if you want a career, this is not the place! Horrible!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lost, no purpose and no direction - lots of high dollar execs though

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGood HR and Benefits. Great to have a rich parent company.

ConsNo leadership and direction. Hedge fund company casulty ... Horrible culture and poor product and comp plan options. If your here, then your lost and you don't know your way to a better option.

Advice to Senior ManagementSit down and find out what you want to be and then invite people to trust their careers with you. Just simple curteousy. And, it means your now a mature adult when you do things like that.

Very frustrating experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsWith so many dead and struggling mortgage companies, someone is bound to fill the gap. With the money behind this company, they have as good a chance as anyone.

ConsSeem to be stuck in old modes of doing business and won't listen to suggestions about how the market has changed from a consumer's perspective. Everything is run from an internal, metrics driven, non-personalized position. It makes sense from where the accountants sit, sure. But in the end, you are dealing with a sales force that has to convince wary consumers that this new, unknown company has something special and different to offer... and that seems to be lost on management because dealing with the realities of real people instead of just numbers on a spread sheet is not as 'efficient' as possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people who have experience in the field, and try applying something besides 'black belt metrics' to the equation of how to make things successful.

Very informitive

Broker Relations Specialist (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsOpen communication with upper management. no ivory towers

ConsOne of many struggling companies in mortgage industry

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better products

Phenomenal place to work! After 20 years working for a top lender, what a breath of fresh air!

Loan Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsSuperior cutting edge technology, allows local decision making, competitive pricing, "if we don't have it, we'll get it" mentality, extremely efficient processing, strong financial backing, and above all - positive upbeat attitudes!

ConsLessor known brand... for now! Would be nice to have the word "mortgage" in the name.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great support that you have been providing.

Best Career Move!

ProsThis is by far the absolutel BEST mortgage company I have worked for in the 15+ years I have been in the business. The technology is hands down the best in the industry. As far as the support from upper management, there is nothing but support! If I call or email I have a response within minutes. I have never experiences this before. All I can say is.... This is an absolutely wonderful place to work!

ConsThe only cons are the normal mortgage company changes you would experience anywhere.

I am a very satisfied employee

Branch Manager and Loan Officer (Current Employee)

ProsAs a loan officer, Caliber has delivered on all of its promises to me. The have provided me with the products to close over 140 loans in just over six months. The technology platform is amazing, as is the compensation plan. I would also say that management has been very pro growth and pro sales. Everyone works hard, especially management. Not sure how hard work is a bad thing unless your just looking to collect a check!!!

ConsI really have no complaints. So, if I had to have one, I would want better coffee!! Based on the pay, I can buy it myself.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing the company with strong people. Don't fill seats for the sake of filling seats. This is why good people will want to work at Caliber!!!

A Good Place To Work

ProsI work with an awesome team! Good sense of camaraderie, challenging, and a fast growing company. The recruiting team that assisted me with the interview process and the onboarding were awesome!

ConsExperiencing some growing pains due to growth.

Worked for Caliber Funding? Contribute to the Community!