Caliber Funding Reviews

Best Company that I have ever worked at in 30+ years

Current Employee - Production Assistant in Muncie, IN
    Current Employee - Production Assistant in Muncie, IN

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management of this company looks out for all the employees to ensure that they do have a life and stress the importance of family (not typical of mortgage companies). The most sincere and honest group of people that I have ever met.

Cons

I have been here less than a year but I can't see why anybody would not want to work here.

Advice to Management

Market this company so that it will be a household name and the company that all Realtors want to turn to first.

Mortgage Company who gets it

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having worked at 4 different companies in the past 20 years, Caliber is far and away the best place I've been. The management understands that the customer is important and puts resources in place to make sure the process is smooth. From upper management to the branch level, everyone is on the same page and works together to make this a successful and satisfying place to work. Never been happier with an employer.

Cons

Our success and management forsight has helped us become very busy, which I guess isn't a bad thing afterall. Once we get staffed up this will go away.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Nothing to add. Great job!

Great Company

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the best mortgage company I've ever worked at. Leadership is very strong and fair. Allows you to build your business the way you want, and management is always there to listen to your suggestions. Setup allows loans to be closed very quickly and efficiently.

Cons

None at all, love everything!

Advice to Management

Thank you, and keep it up!

5. Excellent support, fun atmosphere, nice benefits, awesome coworkers and managers

Current Employee - Loan Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Loan Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Caliber has provided me with tools and methods to grow my business. They asked what support I needed. Then they followed through and supported me. Attitudes are great. My coworkers are knowledgeable and fun. The LOS is easy to use. I love being paperless. When I make a suggestion, they follow through and either implement it or explain why it's not implemented. Over 30 of my suggestions have been implemented, which have made processes flow more smoothly. From a company that is so large, it's amazing how well they listen to even 1 person. I am not a number, I am valued.

Cons

Even though LOS is easy, it's a bit slow. They are improving this.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Keep listening to us and providing us with tools and we'll keep working hard.

Aggressive compensation a company that does what it says it can do!

Current Employee - Loan Officer in West Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in West Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent supporting staff where underwiters make common sense decisions.If it is a good loan and it makes sense Caliber will be willing to approve it.Nice to be where approvals are actually based on system findings without the overlays that other lenders experience.

Cons

If underwriting could get to 48 hrs it would be great.Due to increase volume turntimes are longer.If new underwriters are hired please make sure they are up on current guidelines so that files can be approved quicker.Best to only hire the cream of th crop

Love My Job!

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time

Pros

This company's culture is truly amazing. Employees are encouraged to give open and honest feedback and to think "outside of the box". The different departments within Caliber pull together and work as a team which is extremely refreshing. It's great to know that your co-workers have your back and can depend on one another.

Cons

No real cons. We are currently experiencing very rapid growth so just some normal growing pains of bringing on large numbers of employees in a short period of time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Fun & Energetic place to work with lots of opportunities to grow!!

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment & awesome culture. Employees are empowered to make decisions and those decisions are supported. Co-workers are fun and great to work with, more like a family that supports one another. Management allows you freedom to take ownership of your projects with very little micromanaging

Cons

It would be rough if this were your first place to work since it would be hard to beat Caliber as a great place to work! Not enough hours in the day for all of the cool ideas that surface!

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and inviting to innovation. Never lose site of the unique culture that makes Caliber the company that it is. Keep up the great work!

Great company for innovaters in the mortgage industry.

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time

Pros

Since change of Senior Management took place, the company is taking major steps to becoming a true mortgage lending force in nation. New growth of mortgage originators and branch locations show the dedication to capturing market and providing concierge service to the clients. Agressive compensation, benefits and fantastic culture.

Cons

Fast growth comes with growing pains, but the focus of resolution and fast response to issues offsets this.

Advice to Management

Keep customer service as #1 goal and employee satisfaction #2. It's a winning combination.

10. Great Company

Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Caliber Funding (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great mortgage establishment

Cons

Lots of up's and dosn's in the industry

Excellent Company

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Caliber Funding has one of the best technoloigies in the industry regarding paperless files with their system H2O. Now that they have Jumbo Products in place they are crushing it. Refinance loans to docs in 3 weeks with excellent pricing whats not to like. Less overlays then banks and they just want to Approve the loans to the best of their ability.

Cons

Lack of Brand Presence which I believe will be over come very soon in the near future as they continue to grow.

Advice to Management

May wish to do more advertising to get Realtors and Clients used to the name brand.

RSS Feed </> Embed