Caliber Funding

Updated Mar 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jim Ferriter

Great company for innovaters in the mortgage industry.

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time

ProsSince change of Senior Management took place, the company is taking major steps to becoming a true mortgage lending force in nation. New growth of mortgage originators and branch locations show the dedication to capturing market and providing concierge service to the clients. Agressive compensation, benefits and fantastic culture.

ConsFast growth comes with growing pains, but the focus of resolution and fast response to issues offsets this.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep customer service as #1 goal and employee satisfaction #2. It's a winning combination.

Fun & Energetic place to work with lots of opportunities to grow!!

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat work environment & awesome culture. Employees are empowered to make decisions and those decisions are supported. Co-workers are fun and great to work with, more like a family that supports one another. Management allows you freedom to take ownership of your projects with very little micromanaging

ConsIt would be rough if this were your first place to work since it would be hard to beat Caliber as a great place to work! Not enough hours in the day for all of the cool ideas that surface!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be transparent and inviting to innovation. Never lose site of the unique culture that makes Caliber the company that it is. Keep up the great work!

Love My Job!

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time

ProsThis company's culture is truly amazing. Employees are encouraged to give open and honest feedback and to think "outside of the box". The different departments within Caliber pull together and work as a team which is extremely refreshing. It's great to know that your co-workers have your back and can depend on one another.

ConsNo real cons. We are currently experiencing very rapid growth so just some normal growing pains of bringing on large numbers of employees in a short period of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Aggressive compensation a company that does what it says it can do!

Loan Officer (Current Employee)
West Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time for less than a year

ProsExcellent supporting staff where underwiters make common sense decisions.If it is a good loan and it makes sense Caliber will be willing to approve it.Nice to be where approvals are actually based on system findings without the overlays that other lenders experience.

ConsIf underwriting could get to 48 hrs it would be great.Due to increase volume turntimes are longer.If new underwriters are hired please make sure they are up on current guidelines so that files can be approved quicker.Best to only hire the cream of th crop

Excellent support, fun atmosphere, nice benefits, awesome coworkers and managers

Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time for more than a year

ProsCaliber has provided me with tools and methods to grow my business. They asked what support I needed. Then they followed through and supported me. Attitudes are great. My coworkers are knowledgeable and fun. The LOS is easy to use. I love being paperless. When I make a suggestion, they follow through and either implement it or explain why it's not implemented. Over 30 of my suggestions have been implemented, which have made processes flow more smoothly. From a company that is so large, it's amazing how well they listen to even 1 person. I am not a number, I am valued.

ConsEven though LOS is easy, it's a bit slow. They are improving this.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. Keep listening to us and providing us with tools and we'll keep working hard.

Great Company

Washington, DC

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time for more than a year

ProsThis is the best mortgage company I've ever worked at. Leadership is very strong and fair. Allows you to build your business the way you want, and management is always there to listen to your suggestions. Setup allows loans to be closed very quickly and efficiently.

ConsNone at all, love everything!

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you, and keep it up!

Mortgage Company who gets it

Washington, DC

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time for more than a year

ProsHaving worked at 4 different companies in the past 20 years, Caliber is far and away the best place I've been. The management understands that the customer is important and puts resources in place to make sure the process is smooth. From upper management to the branch level, everyone is on the same page and works together to make this a successful and satisfying place to work. Never been happier with an employer.

ConsOur success and management forsight has helped us become very busy, which I guess isn't a bad thing afterall. Once we get staffed up this will go away.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. Nothing to add. Great job!

Best Career Move!

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time for less than a year

ProsThis is by far the absolutel BEST mortgage company I have worked for in the 15+ years I have been in the business. The technology is hands down the best in the industry. As far as the support from upper management, there is nothing but support! If I call or email I have a response within minutes. I have never experiences this before. All I can say is.... This is an absolutely wonderful place to work!

ConsThe only cons are the normal mortgage company changes you would experience anywhere.

Phenomenal place to work! After 20 years working for a top lender, what a breath of fresh air!

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time for more than a year

ProsSuperior cutting edge technology, allows local decision making, competitive pricing, "if we don't have it, we'll get it" mentality, extremely efficient processing, strong financial backing, and above all - positive upbeat attitudes!

ConsLessor known brand... for now! Would be nice to have the word "mortgage" in the name.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great support that you have been providing.

Best Company that I have ever worked at in 30+ years

Production Assistant (Current Employee)
Muncie, IN

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time for less than a year

ProsThe management of this company looks out for all the employees to ensure that they do have a life and stress the importance of family (not typical of mortgage companies). The most sincere and honest group of people that I have ever met.

ConsI have been here less than a year but I can't see why anybody would not want to work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementMarket this company so that it will be a household name and the company that all Realtors want to turn to first.

Worked for Caliber Funding? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Caliber Funding reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Caliber Funding CEO Jim Ferriter. All 33 reviews posted anonymously by Caliber Funding employees.