Caliber Funding Reviews

Updated July 18, 2014
Updated July 18, 2014

3.2

Jim Ferriter

Great company for innovaters in the mortgage industry.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time

Pros

Since change of Senior Management took place, the company is taking major steps to becoming a true mortgage lending force in nation. New growth of mortgage originators and branch locations show the dedication to capturing market and providing concierge service to the clients. Agressive compensation, benefits and fantastic culture.

Cons

Fast growth comes with growing pains, but the focus of resolution and fast response to issues offsets this.

Keep customer service as #1 goal and employee satisfaction #2. It's a winning combination.

Aggressive compensation a company that does what it says it can do!

Current Employee - Loan Officer  in  West Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in West Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent supporting staff where underwiters make common sense decisions.If it is a good loan and it makes sense Caliber will be willing to approve it.Nice to be where approvals are actually based on system findings without the overlays that other lenders experience.

Cons

If underwriting could get to 48 hrs it would be great.Due to increase volume turntimes are longer.If new underwriters are hired please make sure they are up on current guidelines so that files can be approved quicker.Best to only hire the cream of th crop

Disappointing experience overall, happy to have left

I worked at Caliber Funding

Pros

Good Benefits, some good people

Cons

Lack of commitment from Operations, high rates

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best Company that I have ever worked at in 30+ years

Current Employee - Production Assistant  in  Muncie, IN
    Current Employee - Production Assistant in Muncie, IN

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time for less than a year

Pros

The management of this company looks out for all the employees to ensure that they do have a life and stress the importance of family (not typical of mortgage companies). The most sincere and honest group of people that I have ever met.

Cons

I have been here less than a year but I can't see why anybody would not want to work here.

Market this company so that it will be a household name and the company that all Realtors want to turn to first.

The Place to Be

Current Employee - Loan Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Loan Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time for less than a year

Pros

The perfect balance between the Broker and the Bank. Excellent benefits and Support Staff. Competitive Rates, including Jumbo, without the pressure from management. Company has people doing large volume and others small volume but everyone seems important. Great technical support too. Solid realtor tools and searching for more and always willing to either participate or fund them.

Cons

Typical growing pains but company appears aggressive in dealing with it and is anticipating the necessary hires in advance.

Keep doing what you are doing while continuing to be aggressive in the Jumbo market.

Mortgage Company who gets it

Current Employee - Loan Consultant  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Loan Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time for more than a year

Pros

Having worked at 4 different companies in the past 20 years, Caliber is far and away the best place I've been. The management understands that the customer is important and puts resources in place to make sure the process is smooth. From upper management to the branch level, everyone is on the same page and works together to make this a successful and satisfying place to work. Never been happier with an employer.

Cons

Our success and management forsight has helped us become very busy, which I guess isn't a bad thing afterall. Once we get staffed up this will go away.

Keep it up. Nothing to add. Great job!

Great Company

Current Employee - Loan Consultant  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Loan Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is the best mortgage company I've ever worked at. Leadership is very strong and fair. Allows you to build your business the way you want, and management is always there to listen to your suggestions. Setup allows loans to be closed very quickly and efficiently.

Cons

None at all, love everything!

Thank you, and keep it up!

Excellent support, fun atmosphere, nice benefits, awesome coworkers and managers

Current Employee - Loan Consultant  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Loan Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time for more than a year

Pros

Caliber has provided me with tools and methods to grow my business. They asked what support I needed. Then they followed through and supported me. Attitudes are great. My coworkers are knowledgeable and fun. The LOS is easy to use. I love being paperless. When I make a suggestion, they follow through and either implement it or explain why it's not implemented. Over 30 of my suggestions have been implemented, which have made processes flow more smoothly. From a company that is so large, it's amazing how well they listen to even 1 person. I am not a number, I am valued.

Cons

Even though LOS is easy, it's a bit slow. They are improving this.

Keep up the great work. Keep listening to us and providing us with tools and we'll keep working hard.

Join if you are badly in need of job and no one is hiring you

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time for more than a year

Pros

May be some cool people. don't really have good experiences to share

Cons

- Very bad senior and mid level management.
    - Most of the managers and above are joke on the title and don't know anything about the management
    - very small company with bad and a lot of politics
    - company has no culture even companies with bad cultures have some culture
    - its a fund from loan star who buys trouble companies and sell them after making them profitable.
    - check how many CEOs have the company changed in last 4 years and you would understand the picture
    - you would hear few names very often and most of them can't even get job anywhere else

First and foremost, get some education, then learn to manage and understand the realities that most of the people work for you only because they need a job

Do Not Waste Your Career At Caliber Funding

Current Employee - Irving, TX  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Irving, TX in Irving, TX

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time for less than a year

Pros

none at from what we see.

Cons

The company is bad on so many levels. Leadership can not be trusted at this place. Most everyone I speak with daily agrees that they will say anything to get what they want.

The company is not fun. The down economy is the only reason I am still here.

Leadership will lie to your face and talk about you behind your back quickly and expect you to trust them the next time around. If I only had finished my schooling or my degree and had any other options I would not work for Caliber Funding.

Do not work for aliber Funding please it is an awful experience and waste of my career move and would be a waste of your career too. Caliber Funding is not a place a successful person or any person with good sense in the industry to work.

None

Worked for Caliber Funding? Contribute to the Community!