Caliber Funding

Updated July 18, 2014
Updated July 18, 2014
3.2

Jim Ferriter

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing positive - stay away from this company by all means!!!

Cons

Bad management thus high turnover rate. Also, unethical management who lie, mislead, and mistreat workers verbally. Investigation should be led by outside agency to uncover the filth and unscrupulous, and illegal acts management is a part of scheming up. Minorities are marginalized and paid less than white co-workers for the same work. Not a great place to work at all.

Fire current management and hire smart, proven, successful, visionary leaders of all races and experiences.

Lack of culture and leadership

Former Employee - Technical Support  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Caliber Funding full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits for a mortgage bank

Cons

Leadership constantly being replaced, lack of strategic direction, not profitable to date, mercernarial inl hiring and firing employees no sense of loyalty weak brand.

Need to establish a winning culture that is results oriented. Need to allow time for changes to develop and not make knee jerk decisions.

Horrible place to work!! Need to get out ASAP

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at Caliber Funding

Pros

Benefits are pretty good compare to others

Cons

Work hours are crazy, 55 - 60 hours week, they expect people to have no life. Managers are in it for themselves you are just a stepping stool, if you want a career, this is not the place! Horrible!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lost, no purpose and no direction - lots of high dollar execs though

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Caliber Funding

Pros

Good HR and Benefits. Great to have a rich parent company.

Cons

No leadership and direction. Hedge fund company casulty ... Horrible culture and poor product and comp plan options. If your here, then your lost and you don't know your way to a better option.

Sit down and find out what you want to be and then invite people to trust their careers with you. Just simple curteousy. And, it means your now a mature adult when you do things like that.

Very frustrating experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Caliber Funding

Pros

With so many dead and struggling mortgage companies, someone is bound to fill the gap. With the money behind this company, they have as good a chance as anyone.

Cons

Seem to be stuck in old modes of doing business and won't listen to suggestions about how the market has changed from a consumer's perspective. Everything is run from an internal, metrics driven, non-personalized position. It makes sense from where the accountants sit, sure. But in the end, you are dealing with a sales force that has to convince wary consumers that this new, unknown company has something special and different to offer... and that seems to be lost on management because dealing with the realities of real people instead of just numbers on a spread sheet is not as 'efficient' as possible.

Listen to the people who have experience in the field, and try applying something besides 'black belt metrics' to the equation of how to make things successful.

Very informitive

Former Employee - Broker Relations Specialist  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Broker Relations Specialist in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Caliber Funding

Pros

Open communication with upper management. no ivory towers

Cons

One of many struggling companies in mortgage industry

Get better products

A Good Place To Work

I have been working at Caliber Funding as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I work with an awesome team! Good sense of camaraderie, challenging, and a fast growing company. The recruiting team that assisted me with the interview process and the onboarding were awesome!

Cons

Experiencing some growing pains due to growth.

Phenomenal place to work! After 20 years working for a top lender, what a breath of fresh air!

Current Employee - Loan Consultant
    Current Employee - Loan Consultant

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time for more than a year

Pros

Superior cutting edge technology, allows local decision making, competitive pricing, "if we don't have it, we'll get it" mentality, extremely efficient processing, strong financial backing, and above all - positive upbeat attitudes!

Cons

Lessor known brand... for now! Would be nice to have the word "mortgage" in the name.

Keep up the great support that you have been providing.

Best Career Move!

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is by far the absolutel BEST mortgage company I have worked for in the 15+ years I have been in the business. The technology is hands down the best in the industry. As far as the support from upper management, there is nothing but support! If I call or email I have a response within minutes. I have never experiences this before. All I can say is.... This is an absolutely wonderful place to work!

Cons

The only cons are the normal mortgage company changes you would experience anywhere.

I am a very satisfied employee

Current Employee - Branch Manager and Loan Officer
    Current Employee - Branch Manager and Loan Officer

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a loan officer, Caliber has delivered on all of its promises to me. The have provided me with the products to close over 140 loans in just over six months. The technology platform is amazing, as is the compensation plan. I would also say that management has been very pro growth and pro sales. Everyone works hard, especially management. Not sure how hard work is a bad thing unless your just looking to collect a check!!!

Cons

I really have no complaints. So, if I had to have one, I would want better coffee!! Based on the pay, I can buy it myself.

Keep growing the company with strong people. Don't fill seats for the sake of filling seats. This is why good people will want to work at Caliber!!!

Worked for Caliber Funding? Contribute to the Community!