Caliber Home Loans

Joe Anderson

Solid Company with a Bright Future

Former Employee - Risk Manager in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Risk Manager in Irving, TX

I worked at Caliber Home Loans full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good corporate culture with a strong management team. Mr. Anderson is not the stereo-typical overbearing "type A" personality - which is quite refreshing. They are quite fastidious when it comes to risk-management - which is also refreshing. There seems to be a nice balance of aggressive product offerings with a thoughtful eye on operating risk tolerances. The operating policy / procedure / infrastructure was well formed and well conceived.

Cons

I wish my pay was higher - but who doesn't? Since I was in a non-production cost center, any additional support such as company reimbursed eduction / training was not in the budget.

Hire mid-level managers that know how to manage people and not just processes.

NO CONCERN FOR EMPLOYEES!

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Caliber Home Loans

Pros

H20 SYSTEM NOTHING MORE trust me

Cons

I was laid off from caliber in 2013 when they closed the AZ doors. Then they took over cobalt and I was laid off again. Joe anderson sat and cired on the conference call and said how great it was that cailber was taking over when he KNEW that hundres of people were going to be let go. Crap company crap people!

they dont deserve any

Lock Desk Analyst - Good money & horrible leaders

Current Employee - Lock Desk Specialist
    Current Employee - Lock Desk Specialist

I have been working at Caliber Home Loans full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great salary, no micro management. Plenty of work. Overtime & you can come & go as you please. The cons can definitely out weight the Pros.

Cons

Learning the systems with no real structure. No organization. More Chiefs than Indians. Degrading & rude Senior Analyst. Favoritism. No structure overwhelming & overworked. There is no way around the disrespect you will receive from the Senior Analyst. It will happen. You have to be strong.

Control your doggs. Take control. Know your system & help. Instead of forcing people to have to continually be disrespected. Listen to your employees & actually do something about the complaints.

Violation of Borrower Personal Banking Information

Current Employee - Support in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Support in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Caliber Home Loans

Pros

At least they are not Enron.

Cons

Well we were told no files at all were being transferred from the personal drives and LOs from a company we had just acquired were having a fit, so one LO decided to take an external hard drive and download all of her files from that drive and then upload them to Caliber, both Caliber and the acquired firm told us to take the drive from them and stop the upload, so I did, which is correct. Now they're (Caliber) saying "have you uploaded all of those files to our systems" "uhh no, I don't have permissions to and you guys told me not to... Several times....clearly" and now they're saying we should just have them redownload all of those files to their personal unsecured external HD (including customer info ssn/bank account info/etc) and it should be okay as long as they don't upload those to Caliber but they are doing it on Caliber corporate equipment!

Learn privacy laws, you know, the ones you make us take tests on every 3 months!

Communication Issues

I worked at Caliber Home Loans

Pros

Good and varied Products - little or no overlays. Quality Underwriting and very communicative. pockets of good teams scattered throught the country

Cons

Poor company communications, disconnected management & HR. There are too many self-serving folks who seem to miss the mission.

Rapid Growth has it's challenges and many pods drift off...

If You just need a check

Current Employee - Workout Spec in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Workout Spec in Irving, TX

I have been working at Caliber Home Loans full-time (more than a year)

Pros

you have a job

Cons

no growth unless you know someone

Bad management team

I have been working at Caliber Home Loans

Pros

Good salary but you really have to work hard to make a bonus. Overtime is not allowed.

Cons

No covered parking. Benefits are extremely expensive and with United Insurance and they have a very high deductible. They call themselves a "green company ", but they are just very cheap. If you have to travel for work they set you up in the cheapest hotel that is closest to the branch you will work at. There are no corporate cards, everything has to be sent through Concur, if they decide to reimburse you for anything at all. The bonus structure is impossible to meet. They do not allow overtime. You have to clock in and out like an assembly plant worker. Your time is very scrutinized. You better not clock in a minute late or go over a minute past 8 hours or you will be written up.

Great place to work, good quality of work and life balance.

Former Employee - SPOC I in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - SPOC I in Irving, TX

I worked at Caliber Home Loans full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy job, and great bonuses.

Cons

Policy has tightened on time off request but I never had a problem with one.

Value the people getting results and bring back feedback mid month and end of month consistently in a timely matter.

Miss my Caliber home...

I have been working at Caliber Home Loans full-time

Pros

Fun culture, many office team building events.

Cons

Not able to advance... they want to keep you in the job you are already good at.

Plan to fight for your bonus

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Caliber Home Loans

Pros

If your lucky pretty decent pay
    it's a job so it looks good on your resume
    company just starting out if your the chosen few you can move around

Cons

No shift bids.. plan on working nights after a year in
    The bonus structure changes every month and goes into effect after the month has already ended. After you have to scrape to get your numbers up.
    They say no cap on the bonus, don't get excited no one ever gets that high and if you do. They have lowered the payout for the bonus so much even if you top perform your payout is still the same as someone who barely performed
    No opportunity to advance, when they do come only to people who are already in management
    Be ready to micro managed
    Plenty of work, and it should be since they refuse to hire
    if your bilingual no differential pay

Actually be management and think about your employees all you care about is business need.
     Stop changing the bonus structure and finding new ways not to pay it

Caliber Home Loans Photos