California Association of Realtors

Updated August 20, 2014
Updated August 20, 2014
3.8

Joel Singer

Great company, great staff and awesome opportunities to learn and leverage a background in statistics.

Former Employee - Research Assistant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Research Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at California Association of Realtors part-time for less than a year

Pros

The best reasons to work for CAR is to understand the California housing market and to see how to service a community of people whose jobs are to help improve others environments and quality of life. I also enjoyed working with my boss Robert who was amazing!

Cons

The only challenges to working there were not being able to express creativity fully, if you are more of an artsy person. The real estate industry isn't the most creative in arts and media.

My only advice to management is to continue what they are doing. I had the best experience there and the company culture was awesome!

Great Benefits

I have been working at California Association of Realtors full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits are really great, and they pretty much stick to annual raises if you are doing what is expected of you. They recognize employees when appropriate. I have actually felt respected and appreciated in this company. They allow me to have a voice, even if they don't always take my advice. Also, they promote professional development and will pay for you to attend seminars and classes. Paid time off is legit; they offer sick time, personal time, and vacation time - each separate from each other.

Cons

Lots of people have been there for way too long. They say they want fresh ideas, but shoot down ideas way too often.

Don't just promote innovation, force your employees to embrace it. Some employees are so stuck in the past and upper management isn't working hard enough to force them to change with the times.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at California Association of Realtors

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and helpful. They have functions to encourage departments to work with one another. They have gym onsite as well as a pool table in their lunch room!

Cons

California Association of Realtors is located in the Koreatown part of Los Angeles. I almost did not go for the interview because there were homeless people on the street in front of CAR. They have a fenced in parking lot in the rear though for the employees.

Management could implement some programs for employee feedback that would be really helpful. The monthly all hands on deck meeting could use a little rewroking.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great employees!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at California Association of Realtors

Pros

You co-workers are what really make this company so wonderful

Cons

No a lot of movement

Great place to work if you're a slacker.

Current Employee - Staff Attorney  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Attorney in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at California Association of Realtors

Pros

Good benefits. They hardly ever fire anyone. There are many employees who work as little as possible, knowing the likelihood they will be fired is nil.

Cons

No real advancement. Senior management pays itself well, but stiffs everyone else. Good examples of poor management include pitting employees against each other, not firing managers who have sexually or otherwise harassed employees. No flex time as evidenced by the (short lived) punch card system for all employees hourly and salaried! There is little growth. Management has been in place so many years that there are few promotional opportunities, which they honestly acknowledge during the interview process. Employee morale is awful.

Twenty to twenty-five years in management at one organization is too long. No perspective on the outside world.

Worked for California Association of Realtors? Contribute to the Community!