California Casualty

www.calcas.com

California Casualty Reviews

Updated Jun 13, 2014

Carl (Beau) Brown

This job was an answer to my prayers

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Glendale, AZ

ProsI honestly feel like the company cares about me, as an individual. My manager is so very helpful, and focuses on the positive. The customers are amazing, and so friendly. My co-workers are like family. I do not feel on edge here, and for the first time in years, I actually look forward to going to work.

ConsI honestly do not have any cons to list.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, because you have a lot of happy employees!

Jul 17, 2014Executive Vice President Sales, Marketing & Service

Thank you for sharing such great feedback regarding your experiences at California Casualty! We strive to create a workplace where individuals love what they do and who they serve, and we are glad ... More

Great Company to work for! Family owned feel.

Team Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCalifornia Casualty spends a lot of time focused on the employees. It's a fun work environment focused on the helping you meet your career goals. Customer service is very focused on the overall customer experience.

ConsNothing to say about this right now. Very happy here.

Jul 18, 2014Assistant Vice President, Staffing Manager

We are very proud of the training and development opportunities available to our employees. They are crucial to our success, and the fun, yet professional work environment is a big reason so many ... More

It has been an amazing ride!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsI've worked at California Casualty for 14 years and it has been a great experience. No company is perfect, but what I can say is that the company really cares about its customers AND employees. There is a lot of tenure in the organization with many employees working here 20+ years. The executives are great. Most know and interact with employees regularly. The Chairman and CEO, Beau Brown, literally knows everyone here by name. Seriously, where are you going to find that at another company? This truly is a family and I'm proud to be a part of it.

ConsBecause we are a small company, promotional opportunities are slim. However, the company does try to find ways to grow you in your position with challenging assignments, projects, etc. Also, we tend to try and fix our IT systems internally, because they were created internally. I think we could do better, by improving our technology with something we didn't create ourselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to communicate with the employees about the company vision and strategy. I love hearing how we all contribute to the bottom line.

Jun 23, 2014CEO

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about California Casualty being a company that is truly a family and really cares about our employees. We are fortunate to have employees like you who have been ... More

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have essentially grown up with CalCas, spending the majority of my career here, learning and loving what I do.

Team Manager (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsEmployees care about each other and their customers. The salary and benefits are great and there is work-life balance. Family atmosphere. Code of ethics adhered to.

ConsSmaller company = older computer systems

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great from the CEO down. I promise you won't work at another company where the CEO knows each employee by name and visits with them each time he's in town.

Jun 20, 2014Executive Vice President Sales, Marketing & Service

We appreciate your feedback! California Casualty prides itself on being an open, flexible workplace. We encourage and welcome communication and interaction with individuals at all levels of the ... More

California Casualty is a great place to work - It is solidand rich in history; The best managers on the planet are here!

N/A (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsUpbeat, enthusiastic environment. People enjoy working here and it is evident as you meet the individual employees - smiling, happy, and still work hard daily to achieve goals. Great management that are friendly, caring and want you to succeed to be the best you can be. The customers are public servants and that makes every customer contact a much higher quality than those who work with the general public.

ConsThere are no Cons - I love everyting about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on being positive and remain to be the awesome managers you are. I have never seen a company that employes managers that are so caring and approachable and want to be there for you. They are one of the main reason California Casulity's employees remain to be extremlely tenured, from 10 to 20 to 30 and even 40 years, they have stayed with the company! And the management team has a lot to do with that!

Jun 5, 2014Vice President - Employee Relations

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We are happy to hear that you appreciate the culture and environment at California Casualty. Our goal is to provide a fun, yet focused workplace, so we can ... More

This is the best company I've worked for!

ProsThe atmosphere is great! Everyone is always smiling and the positivity all around is very uplifting and motivating. The executives and upper management do a great job of interacting with everyone and being approachable. They encourage employees to make decisions and it's even OK to make a mistake every once in awhile. The tenure among the employees is also very impressive; there are people going on 20-30+ years with the company and that's not something you see very many places.

ConsBeing a smaller company, there aren't a lot of opportunities for movement up the ladder. They do try to provide opportunities to develop skills and participate in other activities outside of your regular scope of responsiblities, which is appreciated. The technology and systems are a bit behind the times, which can make doing certain things challenging and more cumbersome.

Jun 16, 2014Vice President - Employee Relations

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We are glad to hear that you enjoy the environment at California Casualty. We very much encourage employees to share their thoughts on ways to make our company ... More

Rewarding, challenging company to work for with outstanding employees and support.

Leadership (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsFamily atmosphere, Flexibility, Strong Leadership, Incentives

ConsInsurance can be a tough business with the competitive companies and benefits others have. Work-life balance can also be something you have to keep in check her.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure there is always support for your employees on the floor. Important to recognize all employees for their unique contributions. Appreciate Beau and how personable he is.

Jun 4, 2014Vice President - Employee Relations

Thank you for sharing your feedback. California Casualty prides itself on providing a rewarding and collaborative environment where everyone at all levels can work alongside each other, appreciate ... More

Great Company to work for!!

Clerk (Former Employee) Leawood, KS

ProsManagement is great! Always made to feel like your job is important. Good benefits.

ConsThe hardest part is dealing with angry insured.

May 28, 2014Assistant Vice President, Staffing Manager

Thank you for sharing this candid feedback; it is highly valued. At California Casualty, providing superior customer service is an integral part of our core values. As the California Casualty Code ... More

Fabulous and rewarding place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsFamily owned, employees are treated with respect and valued, great work environment. There is also great HR and Learning and Development support for work place issues or for those who want to advance. I am six months in and feel valued, challenged and appreciated. No place is perfect but I have talked with many people here who left other work environments to join California Casualty, and what more can you say about a company that boasts hundreds of employees with 25 years or more who still work here.

ConsExpectations are high but attainable.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep realizing your employees are a great asset.

May 28, 2014Assistant Vice President, Staffing Manager

Welcome to California Casualty! We take great pride in being an employee-friendly workplace and place a high value on employee retention. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts here ... More

California Casualty is a great company to work for.

Field Marketing Manager (Current Employee)

ProsAs a Field Marketing Manager we write our own schedules, this works great for my work/ family balance. I have strong support from management and feel valued as an employee. We are provided a company vehicle which is a added bonus.

ConsWe need to provide 45 days notice for vacation time, this can be inconvenient. The goals are high and can fluctuate from year to year.

Jun 9, 2014Assistant Vice President, Staffing Manager

California Casualty’s Field Marketing Managers represent and promote California Casualty to our affinity partner groups – public service fields of education, law enforcement, public safety and ... More

Worked for California Casualty? Contribute to the Community!