California Closets

www.calclosets.com

California Closets Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Excellent company to work for.

Customer Liaison (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFranchise owners really take an interest in their employees, creative and supportive culture, exciting and very inspiring company to work for. As a college student, I feel like my i

ConsSo far, I have no cons to report. I have had a really positive experience working for California Closets. The only con I can say is that my long term career goals are not in the interior design field.

Challenging

Operations Manager (Current Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsAble to be creative and problem solve

ConsLong hours, few holidays, restrictive vacation times

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow the credo in your dealings with employees

Fun place to work selling a fantastic product!

Design/Sales (Current Employee)

ProsGreat product to sell, non-pressure sales approach, great management. Wonderful support system with ongoing training, industry-leading CAD software and IPad sales materials.

ConsMust work some evenings and weekends; schedule varies which is hard to plan around but which also provides some variation in the week and some flexibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stay away from California Closets Las Vegas

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe designers and staff are all great to work with.

ConsOne owner is hostile, foul mouthed, belittling, and rarely has a nice word to say. He has a short fuse and if the wind blows wrong he turns into a nightmare. He is the only reason I left the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let one of the owners speak to ANYONE!

Great company

Design/Sales (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosgood environment, nice people, a great management, innovative, seeking goals company

Constoo much competition with sales appontments

the Canadians have taken over and its ugly

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood product, if not overpriced.

Consa focus on maximizing every aspect of the sale. Gouging

Advice to Senior Managementget back to the core!

Fair

ProsFlexibility, opportunity for growth, fun company

ConsPromotion based on favoritism or relationship building with management as opposed to Job performance

Great product, poor management/people skills

Designer (Former Employee) Wheeling, IL

ProsGreat product, good installers, decent pay. As long you don't ask questions and handle all customer complaints yourself you can avoid management.

ConsAbusive management. No respect for clients shown by management. Designers do not support one another in company meetings. Owners are divorced and personal disagreements are on display daily.
    Must be available to clients 24/7 by phone and email.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with one another and employees clearly and professionally.

Corporate's values are not reflected in this franchise.

Design Consultant (Current Employee) Wheeling, IL

ProsFlexible work hours, excellent product, good training program. Most customers are great. Would be best for a secondary income, since it is straight commission and sales may not be consistent.

ConsLack of support from franchise management, poor communication, verbally abusive management style, inconsistent sales tools, overworked support staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your business as much as your employees do. Empower individuals by listening to their concerns.

Design Studio Manager

Design Studio Manager (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat company culture. Franchise owned so dependent on your specific area, but ours was like a family. There were about 40 of us total. Leaders were extremely motivating and great mentors.

ConsMy job required specific hours as well as working nights, weekends and holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementEither pay more or offer better incentives for your retail locations.

Worked for California Closets? Contribute to the Community!