California College San Diego

Updated May 19, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Graduated for My Bachelors of Science in Healthcare Administration

ProsCCSD makes it comprehensive and simple for students to attend and enroll in various programs.

ConsI think that they should become regionally accredited instead of nationally accredited. I believe that the college credits and standards should be transferable to other well-known universities especially regionally accredited traditional universities.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that students and staff have all the tools and resources through networking connections. Those who graduate with honors should have more job opportunities in the marketplace regardless of the economy.

A place that is ever-changing.

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe employees are friendly, The working environment is relaxed in the area that I work.

ConsIn my short time with this employer I have seen a lot of people let go.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet standards and stay with them, don't make changes for the sake of making changes.

Most individuals are not motivated to seek tutoring. You need to be prepared for an accelerated program.

California College Specific Tutor (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsYou are better able to focus on your school work, engraining it further into your mind.

ConsThose that do seek tutoring seem to wait until the third week of class and try to get help.

Advice to Senior ManagementPre-screen applicants more thoroughly, Math and English 99 were not appropriate for the type of program you are endorsing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

poor planning, poor management, poor communication

Instructor (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

Prosmost of the students are there to learn, but not all!

ConsManagement allows cheating, " they paid so they should pass "entitlement attitude": and students are allowed to be disrespect staff. Management does not communicate with staff, no raises, no room for growth. You must be a self starter, self learner, because you will receive no training!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your students, you moved the main campus to a location that is not accessible to your clientele and you still can't figure out why enrollment dropped drastically? Really? Management must be blind or senile.

As an adjunct instructor

Adjunct Instructor, General Education (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsCurrent student body in need of good education and thus the company provides opportunities for adjunct instructors to grow in their abilities

ConsLots of hours and a four week mod system where every month (basically) instructors have new students and teach subjects that cover a whole quarter in a mod.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue internal customers

great place to work

RT Tutor (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsI was hired on as a RT tutor because of my grasp of the knowledge. I have worked there ever since I finished their RT associate program. This is a great place to work to sustain yourself and keep the knowledge fresh while searching for career work. Moreover, they allow you to make your own hours, and work as much or as little as you are willing.

ConsLiving in California can be expensive.

A company that places a low value on talented employees.

Instructor (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsA place to gain career experience.

ConsEmployees are not compensated according to performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employyes more.

If you are really desperate take the job

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

Prosgreat employees (who are all looking for better jobs)
    it's a job
    As an instructor you could feel good about giving the students value for their money- but you better bring alot of value because tuition is expensive and they don't get much else!

Conspay is horrendously below industry standards
    odd/crazy hours for most positions
    terrible product
    There is no hiding the fact that this is a "for profit" instution before it is an educational institution
    it's embarassing to work for a company with a bbb rating of F

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people- you have some great employees you will lose the second the enonomy in SD improves

Belittlement and terrible management out-weighs the satisfaction of helping wonderful students.

ProsGreat people to work with.
    Help students succeed in life.

ConsTerrible management.
    Constantly belittled.
    Poor morale.
    Micro-Managed.
    No leadership.
    Upper Management doesn't have a clue as to what is going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect. Take an interest in finding out what your employees do on a daily basis. At least act like you know what you are doing so that they feel they have someone to go to for problems or concerns with a certain department. Don't make excuses and tell employees there won't be any raises for a couple of years when everyone knows that the company is doing exceptionally well. Praise your employees every once in a while. Never giving praise for accomplishments but always giving such negative attitude towards everything just causes poor morale. Give raises during reviews, a pat on the back is not going to pay the bills.

Worked for California College San Diego? Contribute to the Community!