California Department. of Forestry and Fire Protection

Be The First To
Add Photos

Fire Captain

Fire Captain (Current Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsGreat workmates, great equipment. Good work environment. Good state firehouses and very nice schedules. I would recommend this job to anyone who wants to fight fire.

ConsLong hours during fire season.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide updated communications equipment.

Working for CA FIRE has let me improve in my life and the decision that I make on a situation that I need to come true.

Fire Fither (Former Employee) Monterey, CA

Proshaving the ability to fight fire and help those that need help.

Consthe downside of working with CAL FIRE is that we don't work year around, its only for 6-8 months out off the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould like to find a job that would allow me to work year around and would let me grow with the company and move up the ladder.

Work you like a dog, looks good on a resume

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Bragg, CA

ProsDecent pay, health insurance, good work experience

ConsSexism, really hard on outsiders; will be harder on you about everything than each other in the little boys club

Advice to Senior Managementhire 50/50 females

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cal Fire

Seasonal Firefighter I (Current Employee) Mendocino, CA

ProsGreat place for wildland fires. Some people know a lot and are willing to help you become a great firefighter. I have a lot respect for those on Helittack and those who do the job right. The camaraderie is second to none.

ConsNot everyone lives up to the standard. Sometimes tradition blinds progression. And there are those who are unfit, mentally, physically, and emotionally for the job, but are promoted ahead of you.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time evaluating each individual and have higher standards of character on and off duty. Pay attention to the relation each firefighter is developing with each other.

Worked for California Department. of Forestry and Fire Protection? Contribute to the Community!