California Department. of Forestry and Fire Protection

CEO

Fire Captain

Current Employee - Fire Captain  in  Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Fire Captain in Fresno, CA

I have been working at California Department. of Forestry and Fire Protection full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great workmates, great equipment. Good work environment. Good state firehouses and very nice schedules. I would recommend this job to anyone who wants to fight fire.

Cons

Long hours during fire season.

Provide updated communications equipment.

Working for CA FIRE has let me improve in my life and the decision that I make on a situation that I need to come true.

Former Employee - Fire Fither  in  Monterey, CA
    Former Employee - Fire Fither in Monterey, CA

I worked at California Department. of Forestry and Fire Protection part-time

Pros

having the ability to fight fire and help those that need help.

Cons

the downside of working with CAL FIRE is that we don't work year around, its only for 6-8 months out off the year.

Would like to find a job that would allow me to work year around and would let me grow with the company and move up the ladder.

Work you like a dog, looks good on a resume

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Bragg, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Bragg, CA

I worked at California Department. of Forestry and Fire Protection

Pros

Decent pay, health insurance, good work experience

Cons

Sexism, really hard on outsiders; will be harder on you about everything than each other in the little boys club

hire 50/50 females

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cal Fire

Current Employee - Seasonal Firefighter I  in  Mendocino, CA
    Current Employee - Seasonal Firefighter I in Mendocino, CA

I have been working at California Department. of Forestry and Fire Protection

Pros

Great place for wildland fires. Some people know a lot and are willing to help you become a great firefighter. I have a lot respect for those on Helittack and those who do the job right. The camaraderie is second to none.

Cons

Not everyone lives up to the standard. Sometimes tradition blinds progression. And there are those who are unfit, mentally, physically, and emotionally for the job, but are promoted ahead of you.

Spend more time evaluating each individual and have higher standards of character on and off duty. Pay attention to the relation each firefighter is developing with each other.

Worked for California Department. of Forestry and Fire Protection? Contribute to the Community!