California Department of Rehabilitation

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great job, minimal income

I have been working at California Department of Rehabilitation

ProsIt's helping those who need help in our society; levels the playing field somewhat for people with disabilities.

ConsVery poor compensation especially in consideration of the requirement to have a Masters Degree.

They can't even accept their counselors' disabilities

Senior Vocational Rehab Counselor: Qualified Rehab Professional (Former Employee)
Oakland, CA

I worked at California Department of Rehabilitation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsYou get to help a lot of people who often desperately need help to return to (or join) the workforce. It's steady work.

ConsThe administration does not care about it's counselors. They took a very long time to make clear a policy on workplace violence, and they, at least in my case, would not allow me to have the workplace accommodations that I needed for my disability.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that your supervisors know about the ADA and how it relates to people with cognitive disabilities.

Worked for California Department of Rehabilitation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at California Department of Rehabilitation reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by California Department of Rehabilitation employees.