California Family Fitness

Operations Manager

Former Employee - Operations Manager  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at California Family Fitness full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Great staff
    -Friendly environmen
    -Interaction with members and guest
    -Great Communication

Cons

I really enjoyed my time at CFF

Membership Consultant

Current Employee - Membership Consultant  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Membership Consultant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at California Family Fitness full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great way to gain confidence and experience in a sales position. Benefits aren't bad.

Cons

The majority of training happens by learning the hard way. Corporate doesn't want to pay you your bonus you have to jump through a lot of hoops to ensure you get commission for your sales. Very seasonal industry. Company seems to have accepted an environment in their sales department that creates a very high turn over rate.

Do a better job teaching new hires all the requirements necessary for them to get paid for their work or consider loosening these requirements somehow. Do a better job of getting feedback from membership consultants not just sales managers.

My experience at CFF has been tremdendous and I love working for the company.

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at California Family Fitness full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The members are the b est part about working fot the company along with the staff interaction. You are always doing something and never having a dull moment.

Cons

Sometimes getting the respect back from the members that you put into certain converstaions.

More visitation from upper management and possibly coming in at busy times to "work" and see what the clubs are really like at primetimes.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Positive atmosphere and flexible work schedules!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at California Family Fitness full-time

Pros

Cal Fit has ample opportunities to grow with the company and move up. There's always a smile on my managers face and the open door policy that makes me feel very comfortable. I'm encouraged to build professional relationships with customers and employees as well as give process improvement ideas that will NEVER be ignored.

Cons

Constantly busy, there's never a dull moment or "down time". It comes with the growth of the company!

Praise ALL employees for the hard work they do!

Very upbeat fun place to work

Current Employee - Membership Consultant  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Membership Consultant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at California Family Fitness full-time for more than a year

Pros

Time off policies,Compensation,free gym membership, good overall enviroment

Cons

Sales Goal, Phone calls, Stress,

Its not what you know its who you know

Former Employee - Membership Consultant  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Membership Consultant in Sacramento, CA

I worked at California Family Fitness full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) free gym membership
    2) You can quit
    3) you will meet other great people who are in the same horrible place

Cons

Experience, Work Ethic, Ethics, Talent, independent thinking, innovation, work/life balance, integrity, happinesse, are qualities that actually will hurt your career here. If you want to start a career or have aspirations of moving up, dont work here, Every single talented person that could really make a difference, always leaves because they are not valued, Revolving door of consultants with the same i small group of insecure and deceiving corporate leaders.

Treat your employees like people, value their well being...think long term, not just about that month..stop selling memberships for 20 bucks

High stress but enjoyable

Current Employee - Front Desk Attendant  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Front Desk Attendant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at California Family Fitness part-time for more than a year

Pros

Time goes by really fast. You get to interact with members all the time. Management is okay.

Cons

Scheduling is weird. It seems like the management don't look at your availability at all.

High pay- zero respect or low pay- high respect. You cannot have it both ways!

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Sacramento, CA

I worked at California Family Fitness full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good environment for a kid coming out of high school or college. Working part time child care or front desk, flexible hours all around good gig. Pay in Sales was not bad when I was there.

Cons

If you are in sales, they will run you into the ground, constantly yell and berate you and you'll be promoted and demoted like a yo-yo. There is Zero Respect or loyalty to tenured employees.

If you are in Operations, they will keep you around forever, regardless if you are good or not and upper management will lean on you heavily, but you won't be paid near close to what you should be for that type of responsibility.

Treat your employees with more dignity and respect. That may fix the problem with a 200% turnover rate year after year...

Interesting

Current Employee - Personal Trainer  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at California Family Fitness part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Group fitness is a good and stable department in this company.

Cons

Personal Training department is the most dysfunctional mess I have ever experienced at any work place. The turn over itself is a direct reflection of the dysfunction. Not only the turnover of trainers but the managers in that department come and go constantly. I have been here a long time and can not believe the changes I have seen in this department. I think it is time for a clean sweep. Try trimming the fat(the top) instead of trimming the meat. These guys talk big but treat the trainers like crap. Trainers go into the business to help people not rip them off. One day you may just get a big name that comes from this company and that big name wont have much good to say about Cal Fit...sadly.

Create an open door so that employees can REALLY talk to you guys(upper management) and not be in fear of retaliation from mid management. Learn to read your members and their needs. Don't just project your opinions upon each club as if you have decided to stop learning because you saw one thing you liked at a seminar. Your members are who pay your salary...your employes are the front lines and the direct connection to your paying members. Without these employees and the members you are nothing. Many members don't even know you exist. I think somewhere along the lines you may have forgotten this....lost your way in the cooperate jungle.

Good part time job

Former Employee - Personal Trainer  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Personal Trainer in Sacramento, CA

I worked at California Family Fitness part-time for more than a year

Pros

Well organized. Great Managers. Easy to move around or up.

Cons

No sales team. Personal trainers have to prospect to gain clients. This takes lots of time, so you are working for minimum wage until you sign enough clients to get by . This takes 90 days or more.

Generate a great sales team and feed to personal trainers, so they can focus on their training.

California Family Fitness Photos

Worked for California Family Fitness? Contribute to the Community!