California Maritime Academy

Updated July 9, 2014
Updated July 9, 2014
4.6

CEO

Excellent opportunity to further your studies.

Current Employee - Lead Tutor in Vallejo, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Tutor in Vallejo, CA

I have been working at California Maritime Academy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

If your a Mechanical Engineer this will significantly benefit you with your studies and comprehensively understanding upcoming courses and previous courses taken.

Cons

Difficult to manage while being a full time mechanical engineering student. Late hours (7-11)

student worker

I worked at California Maritime Academy

Pros

can do homework when work is slow, let's you print once in awhile, fun work place, friendly bosses

Cons

giving tours to elementary kids who don't want to be there

great place

I worked at California Maritime Academy

Pros

Positive campus vibe, as am employee you really feel like you are contributing to a bigger picture with student success.

Cons

It is a small campus so any negative relationship with a fellow employee will impact your success. Must be able to work well with others.

It was a position where experience and training was fully applied, and opportunities for continuing challenge.

Current Employee - Community Service Specialist L Public Safety Department in Vallejo, CA

I have been working at California Maritime Academy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone worked with positive professional rapport among senior management coworkers team members.

Cons

Some of the relief workers should be on time.

Have exemplary performance, professionalism and dedication to employees, problem resolution follow-through.

Writing Tutor

Former Employee - Writing Tutor
    Former Employee - Writing Tutor

I worked at California Maritime Academy

Pros

Good schedule, fair pair, I was able to do my homework while working, so it was like getting paid to do homework.

Cons

I never got any feedback from my supervisor, I was not asked to come back, which was a bit disappointing since I thought I had done a good job.

I think they should give performance reviews to employees so that they know where they stand and what needs to be worked on.