California Pacific Medical Center

CPMC in San Francisco

Former Employee - Coordinator  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at California Pacific Medical Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Favorable culture: try to do things the right way, excellant customer/ patient service, top-shelf compensation & benefits, superb Medical expertise

Cons

Expensive locale, marginal corporate affiliation, uneven managerial expertise

Formalize a rigorous management development program/ track

Good place to work for money

Former Employee - Staff Nurse II  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Staff Nurse II in San Francisco, CA

I worked at California Pacific Medical Center full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good pay and good benefits

Cons

Problems with management and staffing. Everything comes down to saving and making money rather than helping patients. It feels like employees and patients are just business material.

Some great people work there, a couple of good mid-managers, otherwise stay away!

I have been working at California Pacific Medical Center part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some good nurses, especially on 5N, great respiratory therapists, although they do not get the recognition they deserve.

Cons

Overworked, understaffed, lots of problems due to this, leading to poor patient care, and very unhappy employees.

Go work a few shifts of every department and see what it is really like... Remember patient care is your priority, not,profits... And treat your employees with respect... Promote more and stop treating them as if we are in the pre-Industrial Age ... Unions would,really help this organization.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overworked & Underpaid.

I worked at California Pacific Medical Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good medical and retirement benefits. Not all management are incompetent. Has doctors who are extremely good at what they do. Great experience if you want to deal with the public.

Cons

Depending on which campus you work at will determine the results of what you have to deal with. Each campus has its own independent culture. Hard to get raises...received total of $1 raise in 3 years. Quick to be blamed for faults between departments.

Non skilled department (Support Service type) managers do not promote for hard work. They only promote their favorites and then once they run out they promote by seniority.

Working at CPMC was my worst job during all of my years of employment.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at California Pacific Medical Center

Pros

The worker-bees were kind and friendly.

Cons

There was no recognition or compensation to the employees who worked hard.

Horrific

Former Employee - Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at California Pacific Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

My co-workers were good people trying to work in a culture filled with management that was demeaning, oppressive and hostile. Sutter does pay well however it is not worth working in a horrible environment.

Cons

My only good experience at CPMC was the day I gave notice and my last day. Senior management was filled with infighting and they promoted intimidation and humiliation. Senior management was clueless about how employees felt about their work environment and there was little communication. The communication that did filter down was not trusted because it was never accurate.

Clean house and become more diverse

Good pay but management is unorganized and not willing to change

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at California Pacific Medical Center part-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay for what the job is.

Cons

Hectic schedule and managers not attentive to staff.

I have experienced working in various departments and I love that I am always l am always learning something new

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at California Pacific Medical Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It is an exciting place to work. The hospital is on the cutting edge of new developments in medicine.

Cons

With the alliance with Sutter Health, the hospital mind set is to give every one more and more to do. To the point that a good employee cannot do a good job because of the overload. I have worked there a long time and some of the things I see do not equate to good patient care.

Great employees for those who actually care

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at California Pacific Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good health benefitsand competitive pay

Cons

there is a lack of oraganization structure

care more

Leadership does not have best interest if patients or employees in mind

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at California Pacific Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some nice people, a lot of caregivers really are there for the patients. The day-to-day employees really do their best by the patients.

Cons

Sutter basically bribes leaders to do what the mega-corporation wants it to do, thusly most employees get screwed by top-down decisions while Directors and above make bank. NOT-FOR-PROFITS DON'T DO BONUSES, managers and above get bonuses.

Worked for California Pacific Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!