California Pacific Medical Center

Warren Browner

CPMC in San Francisco

Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at California Pacific Medical Center full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFavorable culture: try to do things the right way, excellant customer/ patient service, top-shelf compensation & benefits, superb Medical expertise

ConsExpensive locale, marginal corporate affiliation, uneven managerial expertise

Advice to Senior ManagementFormalize a rigorous management development program/ track

Leadership does not have best interest if patients or employees in mind

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at California Pacific Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSome nice people, a lot of caregivers really are there for the patients. The day-to-day employees really do their best by the patients.

ConsSutter basically bribes leaders to do what the mega-corporation wants it to do, thusly most employees get screwed by top-down decisions while Directors and above make bank. NOT-FOR-PROFITS DON'T DO BONUSES, managers and above get bonuses.

California Pacific Medical Center provides quality care to all of their patients.

I have been working at California Pacific Medical Center

ProsCalifornia Pacific Medical Center really takes care of their employees, its a friendly environment and the employees are very hard working.

ConsThe are no downsides, the hospital is wonderfull!

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is to continur to hire diverse, well-rounded, hard-wroking employees.

Staff RN

Staff RN (Current Employee)

I have been working at California Pacific Medical Center full-time

ProsLarger teaching hospital with lots of opportunity for learning.

ConsManagement Doesn't really care about there employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees concerns, don't just try to passify them and then not come through.

It was a great expewrience.

Patient Care Services (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at California Pacific Medical Center full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexibility in work schedule when needed. Great management team.

ConsTo many levels of managment

A non-profit private hospital conforms under the corporate "for profit" umbrella...patients suffer.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at California Pacific Medical Center full-time for more than 8 years

ProsEXCELLENT staff and colleagues (those who are still there), good benefits and wages. San Francisco, CA is always a PRO.

ConsMass exodus of some exceptional clinicians/staff over the years that have not been replaced at the same caliber, if at all. Morale hit an all time low with talks of bringing in the union for the staff nurses on PAC campus. Stale upper management. If you speak your mind you WILL suffer the consequences for it professionally.

Advice to Senior ManagementSuccess can come with keeping an open mind towards preventative medicine rather than practicing reactionary medicine. It is not just a numbers game, at the end of the day your employees and the customers...aka patients ARE actually people, and they are sick not stupid. Instilling accountability is more empowering than scare tactics...and the accountability starts at the top.

They give you first-hang experience on various positions in a hospital setting

Volunteer (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at California Pacific Medical Center as an intern for less than a year

ProsMost employees are incredibly helpful and understanding. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand what you're doing. It's better to do it right than to make a mistake especially in a hospital setting when people's health are at stake.

ConsCan get very hectic and at times there is no supervision. As a volunteer sometimes I have to find my own things to do or ask physical therapists and rehab aides if they need any help.

Best company ever to work for

Practice Coordinator In Las Vegas (Former Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

I worked at California Pacific Medical Center full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAwesome staff and doctors. Great Management team

ConsLeft Nevada and Reno offices

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Rewarding

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsI am lucky to be "one of those" that has a great boss to mentor me, so no complaints.

ConsNeeds more enthusiastic caring employees. There are many that just puts in their 8 hours and nothing more

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to supervise and give employees that extra push.

Overall good company but lacking on employee satisfaction

Database Analyst (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at California Pacific Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood vision and usually does what is right for the community and the patient. Compensation is lacking but other benefits are quite satisfactory.

ConsSmall raises at best. The exception being management & physicians. Little room for advancement w/o being an RN or MD.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more money in your employees. Improve employee reimbursement; it is not building good will by making your employees wait 3+ months to be reimbursed for business expenses.

Worked for California Pacific Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at California Pacific Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for California Pacific Medical Center CEO Warren Browner. All 33 reviews posted anonymously by California Pacific Medical Center employees.