California Pacific Medical Center

Warren Browner

31 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

CPMC in San Francisco

Coordinator (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFavorable culture: try to do things the right way, excellant customer/ patient service, top-shelf compensation & benefits, superb Medical expertise

ConsExpensive locale, marginal corporate affiliation, uneven managerial expertise

Advice to Senior ManagementFormalize a rigorous management development program/ track

Good pay but management is unorganized and not willing to change

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsDecent pay for what the job is.

ConsHectic schedule and managers not attentive to staff.

I have experienced working in various departments and I love that I am always l am always learning something new

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsIt is an exciting place to work. The hospital is on the cutting edge of new developments in medicine.

ConsWith the alliance with Sutter Health, the hospital mind set is to give every one more and more to do. To the point that a good employee cannot do a good job because of the overload. I have worked there a long time and some of the things I see do not equate to good patient care.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrific

Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsMy co-workers were good people trying to work in a culture filled with management that was demeaning, oppressive and hostile. Sutter does pay well however it is not worth working in a horrible environment.

ConsMy only good experience at CPMC was the day I gave notice and my last day. Senior management was filled with infighting and they promoted intimidation and humiliation. Senior management was clueless about how employees felt about their work environment and there was little communication. The communication that did filter down was not trusted because it was never accurate.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house and become more diverse

Great employees for those who actually care

Supervisor (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosgood health benefitsand competitive pay

Consthere is a lack of oraganization structure

Advice to Senior Managementcare more

Leadership does not have best interest if patients or employees in mind

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsSome nice people, a lot of caregivers really are there for the patients. The day-to-day employees really do their best by the patients.

ConsSutter basically bribes leaders to do what the mega-corporation wants it to do, thusly most employees get screwed by top-down decisions while Directors and above make bank. NOT-FOR-PROFITS DON'T DO BONUSES, managers and above get bonuses.

excellent service

Pca (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosstaff are friendly, knowledgeable, skilled, and have a positive attitude towards their patients

ConsSome nurses are lazy. they think they are paid to sit and chat instead of focusing to their patients and charting online. they kept on complaining that CNA's or PCA's don't do their work when in fact their hospital attendant are working for more than 10 clients. Nurses are taking care of only 3-5 clients per shift, and some could not even finish their work on time because they love to sit first check their cellphone, etc.

Advice to Senior Managementthere should be a constant checking on nurses because they are not paid to sit around and blaming or keeping an eye to CNA's or Hospital attendant of not doing what the nurses are asking for. Nurses here are too spoiled. They should be reminded of their responsibilities that if their PCA will make a mistake, then both are reliable. They should be thankful that they only have 3-5 patients. There should also be a seminar on how to deal with their co-workers, manners and right conduct every month, to keep reminded. Nurses should not expect that their PCA can do things at the same time. Like there are 4 nurses and all of them are telling you to do this now. If you could not do what the other nurse say, that nurse would complain and report it to their charge nurse.

Staff RN

Staff RN (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsLarger teaching hospital with lots of opportunity for learning.

ConsManagement Doesn't really care about there employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees concerns, don't just try to passify them and then not come through.

They give you first-hang experience on various positions in a hospital setting

Volunteer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsMost employees are incredibly helpful and understanding. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand what you're doing. It's better to do it right than to make a mistake especially in a hospital setting when people's health are at stake.

ConsCan get very hectic and at times there is no supervision. As a volunteer sometimes I have to find my own things to do or ask physical therapists and rehab aides if they need any help.

It was a great expewrience.

Patient Care Services (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFlexibility in work schedule when needed. Great management team.

ConsTo many levels of managment

Worked for California Pacific Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!