California Psychcare

Updated August 14, 2014
Updated August 14, 2014
2.1

Dr Ali Sadeghi

I have received wonderful support from my supervisors, great team effort.

Current Employee - Behavioral Therapist  in  Camarillo, CA
    Current Employee - Behavioral Therapist in Camarillo, CA

I have been working at California Psychcare part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training, staff availability for support, upward mobility opportunities.

Cons

Getting enough hours is really hard. but if you are persistent enough they will come.

Give us our once a month casual non mandated gathering for support!

An ok company with great clients.

Former Employee - ABA Behaviorist  in  Santa Clarita, CA
    Former Employee - ABA Behaviorist in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at California Psychcare part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Other than helping some I the cutest sweetest children on the spectrum, the hrs are flexible. You learn allot. If you like to work independently this job is perfect for you. You work with and meet wonderful families.

Cons

Low pay, wear & tear on your car, very little corporate support or room for growth in the company.

Management needs more professionalism

LOVE the children; it is too bad the staff and organization of the company were severely lacking.

Former Employee - Behavior Tutor  in  Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Behavior Tutor in Riverside, CA

I worked at California Psychcare part-time for less than a year

Pros

I had the pleasure of working with amazing children and families.

Cons

Supervisor rarely returned my calls, issues had to be taken up with clinical directors. Pay was terrible and there are no benefits. I was promised full time hours as a contingency upon hire and I waited 4 months and only had 1 client I saw 3 times per week. SUPER high turnover as a result.

Please make sure everyone is on the same page regarding efficiency, and a willingness to collaborate with all team members (supervisors, tutors, parents, and other specialists).

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to get boots-on-the-ground experience but not much else

I have been working at California Psychcare part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Quick to offer things like raises or promotion of status or duties.

Cons

Not quick to fulfill said promises. Professional standards and integrity leave one wanting.

Hope for the best, be prepared for the worst

I enjoyed it

Former Employee - Behavioral Therapist  in  Camarillo, CA
    Former Employee - Behavioral Therapist in Camarillo, CA

I worked at California Psychcare part-time for more than a year

Pros

Learned a lot through their training program. Had an easy-going supervisor. Pay was decent for my age. Felt good about what I was doing.

Cons

Stressful working with autistic kids at times. Feeling like you can't actually help the kids may lead to burning out. No real room for growth unless you get a higher degree.

I was pretty young when I worked here and did not take notice to the business aspect of the company too much but overall I had a good experience. Once I finished college I realized this was not a long term career path for me but it was ok while it lasted.

CPC is the place to be when you want to be overworked and rub shoulders with management, who frankly could care less.

Former Employee - Division Clinical Supervisor  in  Mission Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Division Clinical Supervisor in Mission Viejo, CA

I worked at California Psychcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

- good training protocol
    - up-to-date ABA methodologies
    - nice office and location
    - wealth of resources
    -good place to get experience at (but never to stay in)

Cons

Upper Management is very punitive and not supportive. They will say they are "supportive" and "appreciate" all your hard work, but do not compensate or reward you accordingly. They will do a great job writing you up, though. They will take advantage of every contribution you can give and will ask for more-- consistently. But they do very rarely reward you for it.
    It is a company that is seems to be just a revolving door-- people come to get their experience and be assigned to tasks that should be delegated to three people; two if you're lucky. That can be OK, if the pay is competitive. But the wage is very meager and almost pathetic compared to its competitors.

They really do push you to work like a dog. One commentator captured it perfectly: it feels like being in a puppy mill working at California Psychcare. Upper management is hypocritical, to say the least.

Listen. Listen to us. Look at your hard working employees. TRULY care for them. Most of them are good people, but you are losing a lot of good workers to turnover. Is the mission to truly provide quality ABA to families and kids with ASD? How do you accomplish that if you treat staff like machines and (once they run out of charge) disposable things?

No accountability for upper management

Current Employee - Associate Clinical Supervisor  in  Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Clinical Supervisor in Riverside, CA

I have been working at California Psychcare full-time

Pros

Working with the company to enhance the lives of families and children with autism.

Cons

California Psychcare Riverside
    Employees have to ask for a raise instead of one based on an annual review. You can work for the company for a year plus and will not get a raise unless you ask. From in home instructors to supervisors you do not get a raise unless you bring it to someone's attention, even then upper management will make you jump through hoops making the process daunting to the point you simply give up trying to get a raise.

Pay compared to other agencies is substantially low. This is for both in-home instructors and supervisors.

Because it is a private company upper management doesn't abide by set rules because they must feel rules don't apply to them. As simplistic as it may be, don't instruct staff to follow through with protocol if you say it applies to everyone but you do not apply it to yourself. This is not right.

BCBA supervision is not up to par.

Reports can go weeks without being sent out to IRC upon which the supervisor will receive an email weeks later to edit the report and by this time the supervisor is confused thinking, Didn't I submit the report a month ago? Upper management, should apply the 4-day review policy. Be accountable and stop punishing supervisors and instructors for not following through when you don't either. We get written up but who writes you up?

It's frustrating working for a company that treats its employees like mill workers! As soon as I am hired with a company that actually shows it cares for their "lower level" employees, I'm leaving. This will be after I finish my bcba course work so I get the incentive for passing my class.

This review is for all those who whisper their dissatisfaction and for those looking to work for CPC.

Treat those at the forefront of making a difference with consumers with respect (and please, don't bother sending an email telling us how much we are valued. Actions speak louder than words). Being at the top of the chain doesn't mean policies don't apply to you. Maybe you actually feel rules don't apply, if that is the case just say so and stop pretending that you're actually going to follow through with policies!

Research other companies and you will see that you are getting jipped when it comes to pay. CPC is on the lower end of pay for behavior instructors and supervisors. It's ridiculous the amount of free work that's included in your salary contract. It's nearly unethical!

The company is for the kiddos, but behind the scenes all isn't what it appears to be.

If you like, listen to what's being said. Secondly, hire someone to scan consumer documents instead of requiring your supervisors to use their vital time to scan documents. It's so obvious, how do you expect us to meet billable hours if we're spending hours on end scanning documents?

Love what I do - HATE THE COMPANY

Current Employee - Associate Clinical Supervisor  in  Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Clinical Supervisor in Riverside, CA

I have been working at California Psychcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Applied behavior analysis is utilized to effectiviely enhance the lives of children and their families.

Cons

The company is poorly organized and managed!! Policies and procedures are impossible to keep up with as they change every few weeks. When it comes right down to it, the children and families are not their ultimate concern, just their bottom line. They employ and under-pay college educated individulas (often times in part time positions) to line their own pockets. If you have a choice do not come to work for this company. There is a reson the turnover rate is so high!!!!

Dont hold others to expectations you yourselves can not meet!! So tired of working under hypocrites!!

Stressed out Supervisor

Current Employee - Associate Clinical Supervisor  in  Mission Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Clinical Supervisor in Mission Viejo, CA

I have been working at California Psychcare

Pros

Procedures and strategies put in place to treat cases.

Cons

No real compensation. Training for direct staff is not paid, and last two days. It is hard to believe that most of us have a master's or bachelor's degree and the pay is so sub-par. Go some where else for more money. They are ripping us off and exhausting us with long hours.

Use the procedures you have been taught and use in the field to get the most out of your own staff. The way you are running your company, we are just doing enough to avoid negative consequences that you put on us. You aren't bringing out the best in us. Don't you wonder why employee turnover is so high? You put the hammer on us and work us like dogs for table scraps.

Burn out at a high rate (Staff and Supervisor)

Current Employee - Associate Clinical Supervisor
    Current Employee - Associate Clinical Supervisor

I have been working at California Psychcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay isn't as bad as other places. Other offices are very research based. Lots of upwards mobility, if you are willing to suck up a little bit. Some of recent changes are not the company's fault, but California Legislature.

Cons

Upper management needs to employ antecedent strategies that are positively based instead of negatively based. No support from management until it is too late. Expectations are high, yet we are not given enough time. I cannot get everything done for my cases (20+ at times) in the 40 hours I am expected to work, and much of my time goes unpaid (driving, programming, etc). The majority of our supervisors at this office are stretched too thin, and yet we are still accepting new consumers daily.

Appreciate and understand your staff. Please lead by example and not by write ups. Get it together and get organized!

Worked for California Psychcare? Contribute to the Community!