Caliper Management

Be The First To
Add Photos

Herbert Greenberg

Awesome

Account Consultant (Current Employee)
Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Caliper Management full-time for less than a year

ProsThey are extremely flexible, great pay, great benefits, they care about their employees and want them to grow, very friendly environment.

ConsI do not have any cons for Caliper. This is a great company to work for and I believe anyone that gets the opportunity to work here would be happy.

Excellent place to work and grow. A little frustrating with senior management.

I have been working at Caliper Management full-time

ProsThis is an excellent company in which to work. The majority of the employees at Caliper are great to work with. There are very few mean people. The company does believe in the potential of an employee and that is reflected in how they allow people to grow in the organization and try new roles.

ConsThe company is fifty years old and often acts like it. Innovation is not a core attribute. The top-level leadership act like it is still and entrepreneurial endeavor and rarely make a strategic plan. This group also has poor communication skills when stating information to the entire company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with the times. A great product is one thing but everyone needs to innovate now to stay in business.

A Great Place to Get Experience & Learn About Business

Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Caliper Management full-time for more than 8 years

ProsClients are some of the Fortune 500, so you learn about business.
Employees can move to different departments fairly easily and gain more experience.
The rank and file are great and very supportive. A good team environment.
Excellent work/life balance. Easy to get time off when needed. No one is expected to kill themselves or work 80 hours a week.
Excellent product.
A feeling of really helping our clients.

ConsCompany goals not always clearly communicated.
Some projects die on the vine with no reason ever stated.
Not sure what some people do or why they still have a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have great people working for you - get out of their way.

current employee

I have been working at Caliper Management full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCan come and go as you please. Nice group of employees to work with. Working from home is well received.

ConsThere is no leadership. No one knows what the company strategy is. Company led by two individuals who have no clue how to run a company. They just talk for the sake of hearing themselves but what they say is of no value.

Advice to Senior ManagementTwo leaders should step aside and let someone else run the company so the employees are aware of what direction we are going in.

Caliper - An Excellent Place to Work

I have been working at Caliper Management full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat environment. This company really shows it cares about its employees with generous insurance benefits, time off, work from home opportunities and other perks including promotions and growth. For example, most jobs are internally posted, giving employees the chance to apply first. Many people have been moved into new positions and, if things didn't work out, the employee can go back or to another position. While there are many hard working, dedicated employees, this company has a knock out research department - really brilliant people who care about their work and what it means to the clients.

ConsEmployees here who complain probably don't have any reference to what other companies are like today.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you do - focus on helping the employees in ways that they appreciate.

Great place to work and expand your role!

I have been working at Caliper Management

ProsThe people at Caliper are absolutely wonderful. There is an amazing amount of talented, brilliant people working side by side to work toward an end goal. You really have an opportunity to learn and innovate, as well as proactively bring forward ideas for projects and other initiatives. The work environment is very friendly and the work life balance is wonderful. People at Caliper truly care about your life outside of work - and many of my Caliper colleagues have become friends of mine outside of the workplace. People have a genuine respect for each other and support one another when working toward a goal.

ConsSometimes Caliper can get stuck in its ways. Things that worked in the past won't work moving forward. Also, we may at times feel like the shoemakers' children - we help our clients achieve high levels of team productivity and development, yet sometimes we don't do it here internally.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo be in high-level management, you have to remember to leave your ego at home. We're all in this together so there's no need for insincere leadership.

so much potential wasted

I have been working at Caliper Management

Prossmart, helpful coworkers. Consultants know their stuff, but have to spend time getting pulled into meetings with execs on pet projects.

ConsExec leadership is out of touch. They should focus on big picture and not spend time micromanaging so far down the organization. let the supervisors manage the day to day.

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on the clients, not yourself. the competition is stronger than you think. also respect the time of staff and start meetings on time

It is very frustrating at times.

I have been working at Caliper Management

ProsFlexibility with your work schedules

ConsCommunication within the organization and leadership

Worked for Caliper Management? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Caliper Management reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Caliper Management CEO Herbert Greenberg. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Caliper Management employees.