Caliper Management Reviews

1. Account Manager

Current Employee - Director of Account Management
    Current Employee - Director of Account Management

I have been working at Caliper Management full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Generally, a very good place to work. Very flexible in remote vs on-site employees. Lots of smart and good co-workers. People genuinely care about what they do. Personality assessment tool is at the heart of the business. It's a great tool and everyone's job is a bit easier that we sell, promote, support or discuss a solution we can believe in and customers actually like.

Cons

Senior leadership is spotty and inconsistent. It's a family run business, and things can be political.

Advice to Management

Ask employees for more input and follow through on what you hear.

2. Company could be so much better in so many ways

I worked at Caliper Management full-time

Pros

The flexibility of the company is good but also a double edged sword, sometimes when you need definitive guidelines and answers to questions you can't get them Work-life balance is good Liked a lot of the people I worked with

Cons

People are treated differently based on who they are, age, level of education, and how long they have been working there. Real performance is not rewarded. Everyone talks about change but nothing EVER changes. Management is also based on who you are not actual job skills and qualifications. Management provides no real structure, feedback or growth.

3. Terribly run company

Current Employee - Acct Manager in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Acct Manager in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Caliper Management (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good salary for the are

Cons

CEO is off his rocker, her changes peoples jobs as soon as they are doing a great job, then he moves into something they know nothing about and fires them when they are not up to par in a month

Advice to Management

RETIRE!!!!

5. Great place if you're looking for work life balance and a positive work environment.

I have been working at Caliper Management full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work Life Balance, colleagues that are smart, friendly and enthusiastic, terrific product.

Cons

Lack of leadershop and strategy. Management needs to choose a direction and then stay the course.

Advice to Management

Develop and execute a corporate strategy, communicate, communicate, communicate. Yoy hired great people using an effective tool. Provide growth, development and learning opportubtiies for them.

6. Awesome

Current Employee - Account Consultant in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Consultant in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Caliper Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are extremely flexible, great pay, great benefits, they care about their employees and want them to grow, very friendly environment.

Cons

I do not have any cons for Caliper. This is a great company to work for and I believe anyone that gets the opportunity to work here would be happy.

7. Excellent place to work and grow. A little frustrating with senior management.

I have been working at Caliper Management full-time

Pros

This is an excellent company in which to work. The majority of the employees at Caliper are great to work with. There are very few mean people. The company does believe in the potential of an employee and that is reflected in how they allow people to grow in the organization and try new roles.

Cons

The company is fifty years old and often acts like it. Innovation is not a core attribute. The top-level leadership act like it is still and entrepreneurial endeavor and rarely make a strategic plan. This group also has poor communication skills when stating information to the entire company.

Advice to Management

Get with the times. A great product is one thing but everyone needs to innovate now to stay in business.

8. A Great Place to Get Experience & Learn About Business

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Caliper Management full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Clients are some of the Fortune 500, so you learn about business. Employees can move to different departments fairly easily and gain more experience. The rank and file are great and very supportive. A good team environment. Excellent work/life balance. Easy to get time off when needed. No one is expected to kill themselves or work 80 hours a week. Excellent product. A feeling of really helping our clients.

Cons

Company goals not always clearly communicated. Some projects die on the vine with no reason ever stated. Not sure what some people do or why they still have a job.

Advice to Management

You have great people working for you - get out of their way.

current employee

I have been working at Caliper Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Can come and go as you please. Nice group of employees to work with. Working from home is well received.

Cons

There is no leadership. No one knows what the company strategy is. Company led by two individuals who have no clue how to run a company. They just talk for the sake of hearing themselves but what they say is of no value.

Advice to Management

Two leaders should step aside and let someone else run the company so the employees are aware of what direction we are going in.

10. Caliper - An Excellent Place to Work

I have been working at Caliper Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment. This company really shows it cares about its employees with generous insurance benefits, time off, work from home opportunities and other perks including promotions and growth. For example, most jobs are internally posted, giving employees the chance to apply first. Many people have been moved into new positions and, if things didn't work out, the employee can go back or to another position. While there are many hard working, dedicated employees, this company has a knock out research department - really brilliant people who care about their work and what it means to the clients.

Cons

Employees here who complain probably don't have any reference to what other companies are like today.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do - focus on helping the employees in ways that they appreciate.

11. Great place to work and expand your role!

Pros

The people at Caliper are absolutely wonderful. There is an amazing amount of talented, brilliant people working side by side to work toward an end goal. You really have an opportunity to learn and innovate, as well as proactively bring forward ideas for projects and other initiatives. The work environment is very friendly and the work life balance is wonderful. People at Caliper truly care about your life outside of work - and many of my Caliper colleagues have become friends of mine outside of the workplace. People have a genuine respect for each other and support one another when working toward a goal.

Cons

Sometimes Caliper can get stuck in its ways. Things that worked in the past won't work moving forward. Also, we may at times feel like the shoemakers' children - we help our clients achieve high levels of team productivity and development, yet sometimes we don't do it here internally.

Advice to Management

To be in high-level management, you have to remember to leave your ego at home. We're all in this together so there's no need for insincere leadership.

RSS Feed </> Embed