CallAssistant Reviews

1.7
Mike Bills

1. team lead

I worked at CallAssistant

Pros

people you work with are great

Cons

no study work. Always worried about layoffs

2. Tons of potential.. but many issues

Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at CallAssistant full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, great technology, huge potential

Cons

Difficult industry (telemarketing), Technology has a lot of room for improvment

3. Was okay until...

I worked at CallAssistant

Pros

All the pro's came before the company merged with another company through a private equity Aquisition. Poorly managed integration followed by a new CEO that doesn't know what he's doing.

Cons

The CEO claims to be transparent and honest, but is anything but. Made numerous claims and commitments that he went back, while making decisions that quickly and dranmatically impacted the business in very negative ways.

Advice to Management

The board needs to rethink the CEO they put in place.

5. Horrible Company

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Logan, UT

I worked at CallAssistant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros to working here, I am just trying to fill in to get 20 words

Cons

I do not want to even waste my time reviewing Call Assistant because it is so bad. I know they pay agents well but don't get sucked in!

Advice to Management

Treat employees right and get a general manager who cares about people instead of one of the owners who only cares about how much profit he can make.

6. Bad CEO

Current Employee - PFR
    Current Employee - PFR

I have been working at CallAssistant full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Terrible company. Ceo makes bad choices and then compounds them into a huge ball of rolling dung. Buy a republican call center and the add liberal orginazations to it. Yes most clients ditched. Yes most employees lost jobs. I hope fututure potential clients look at your actual record of moronic choices and go to the other guys.

Cons

Another location closes (actually two at one time)

Advice to Management

Employee buyout. Good businesses last year bad one this year. What changed? CEO seems I am not allowed to name him.

7. Telemarketing

I have been working at CallAssistant

Pros

To be honest, I can't think of any pros for working at Call Assistant. It's a high-pressure monotonous job with mediocre rewards.

Cons

Many of the cons are obvious, in that it's a call center, and that is never good. I feel I was misled about the income potential when I was offered this job.

Advice to Management

Pay better. And be more honest and opem with the people who make money for you.

8. WORST BOARD & MANAGEMENT TEAM EVERY ASSEMBLED...RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY...FAST!

I have been working at CallAssistant

Pros

None. The entire management team needs to be replaced immediately. The Board needs to sell the company to someone else that knows how to govern a company.

Cons

BUSINESSES - Non Profits, Commercial & Political - DO NOT GIVE YOUR BUSINESS TO THIS COMPANY!
    JOB SEEKERS - Don't even think about working here - RUN SOMEWHERE ELSE, FAST!

Three reasons why you should not give your business to Strategic Fundraising & Call Assistant: (1) Worst management team starting with the Board, CEO, COO, CFO and CIO. They do have some decent employees that care about their clients. But, the top management has no plan behind anything that they do and everything 'Flies by the seat of your pants'. Very sad. (2) Board is filled with Private Equity investors that have invested in both the companies. Every dollar you give them, one thirds of that is pocketed as profit. Yes, this is a true number and (3) The employee morale is beyond low, which typically leads to sub-par results in many areas & also the company does not take care of the employees across the board - which does not help fix the low morale situation.

Three reasons why you should not work at Strategic Fundraising & Call Assistant: (1) You will rarely get a pay raise (2) You will work for senior management that does not plan anything & everything they ask you to do is always last minute i.e. if you want heart palpitations, bad health and die early - this will be your place to work, if not preserve your sanity and work somewhere else and (3) There is no growth opportunity because the Board/Private Equity owners do not allow the management team to invest in employees or new positions, hence your role always stagnates.

You can read all of this and say, this can't be true - well, you'd be wrong. When you work with this company, you'll immediately find out everything here is true and you will completely regret your choice. You have been warned! Take this warning and run fast - somewhere else.

Advice to Management

How can you be so incompetent and yet be so unaware of your complete incompetence? How can the Board not see this complete incompetence? It is beyond amazing.

9. A company with a good idea, but poorly managed from the top down.

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at CallAssistant

Pros

Good technology that CallAssistant has developed and put on the market. Makes sense to use this company when trying and developing calling strategies for telemarketing.

Cons

Poor communication from top level executives down. Management would either micro manage everything that employees were doing, or were very hands off until projects were due and then would complain about outcome.

Advice to Management

You need to bring in outside management to oversee the day to day operations of the business. Your technology is also outdated and is too easy for a competitor to copy using different software.

10. Great pay, easy but boring and irritating

Former Employee - Agent
    Former Employee - Agent

I worked at CallAssistant

Pros

Great pay for just calling people.
    Very easy to do

Cons

Used to be a fun great place to work till they got bought out. Better pay now but I used to love working there because it was a great working environment, now people only stay for the money.

Gets a little irritating at times and very boring

RSS Feed </> Embed