CallSource

Brad Barnett

A Pioneer of Call Tracking, losing way to 3rd Party and Affiliates

Former Employee - RSM
    Former Employee - RSM

I worked at CallSource full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very good Base + Commission Split
    Generous with reimbursement
    Great Home Office Location

Cons

Technology needs upgrade
    Losing division market share to their media vendors
    Disruptive Middle Management Turnover
    Poor on-boarding and lead time
    Marketing support team was poor

Headed in the wrong direction.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at CallSource full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They're the industry leader with innovation and technology who've drastically renovated the idea of call tracking.

Cons

There's a diminishing value place on employees and work place culture. Morale has bottomed out. The door continues to revolve allowing the fabric of what made CallSource special fade and wither away. The only people left are drones or folks hoping to cash out on a sinking ship.

Wake up! Profit chasing should not be the only objective.

Awesome Company to work for! Get your game hat on!

Current Employee - Account Executive - Home Services in Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive - Home Services in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at CallSource full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great environment, great employees, great management - AWESOME learning experience. This is a great place to work at not sure why such bad reviews...

Cons

Complex sale, not easy! If you don't have what it takes to learn the products and pitch them correctly then learn it - don't complain. B2B all the way with a touch of B2C customer service! :-)

Unity, since we're so big certain departments that should work together to better assist one another on a sale don't. I suggest more internal super meetings between the different divisions to push each other to close deals and work together for the good of the company.

The Owner is Crazy

Former Employee - Strategic Partner Manager in Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Strategic Partner Manager in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at CallSource full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are some good managers and employees.

Cons

The owner is crazy with a new, crazier idea every day. He forgets what he has said in the past and falls asleep in meetings and at his desk. He doesn't know how to use email so doesn't reply or participate in normal email discussions or approvals. He (Jerry) yells obscenities at employees and sexually harasses (pretty) female workers.

The CTO is completely out of touch and doesn't recognize that the technology is falling behind at an ever increasing rate versus the competitors. When the system goes down he cannot even admit that it is a problem. There are more outages and failures with clients its not surprising that the company is losing customers at an ever increasing rate.

Get the owner out of the office and find a CTO that can fix the system.

Low Pay, Took Advantage of Independent Contractor Relationship, Doesn't foster Employee to Employee Contact

Current Employee - Call Analyst in Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - Call Analyst in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at CallSource part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Remote position from home (in any city); Flexible work hours: you're given a certain amount of work or a certain amount of time each week and as long as you meet those deadlines, you can work whenever you want

Cons

Very low pay. $8/hour and then either $0.20 or $0.45 per call analyzed as employee. When I was an independent contractor for them (before their IRS audit) I made on average $12-$28 per hour depending on how fast I could get my work done; They pay us our commission once per month instead of per paycheck which is ridiculous (I think they do this to bypass taxes somehow); After IRS audit, they forced us to become employees and take this pay cut- we were forbidden to speak with other co-workers. I think they were concerned we'd all realized how much we were being taken advantage of in our current pay. We should have just been happy to keep our jobs. Some were terminated without any advance (And then us, as new employees) were forced to pick up the unfinished work from them to meet deadlines. Just horribly executed.

Overall good company to work for.

Former Employee - Dealsaver Analyst

I worked at CallSource as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

They gave a lot of feedback and paid well. Gave plenty of warnings to keep accuracy up. Had a set schedule.

Cons

Ended our project without notice leaving 70+ people without jobs. Shifts could get cut short because of low call volume.

Some notice next time would be great...

Analyst

Former Employee - Dealsaver Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Dealsaver Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CallSource part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work from home on your computer is very nice. Part Time Job/Contract work and get paid bi-weekly. Team members are great and helpful.

Cons

Management has poor communication skills and QA requirements on work seemed to change weekly. Paychecks are mailed which seems to be very old school. Management is pretty bad.

Better training, better communication and more pay.

Shameful management.

Former Employee - Dealsaver Analyst

I worked at CallSource as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Interacting with others (via Yahoo! Messenger) was largely optional.
    Pay was decent for a time.
    The convenience of working from home was nice.

Cons

Poor and inconsistent training. Guidelines and standards changed frequently and often without notice.
    Turnover rate was ridiculous.
    Primary higher-up very clearly had good days and bad days, sometimes sounding polite in emails, but more often "yelling" in ALL CAPS at the team for any variety of offenses.
    Many such reprimands were unwarranted, either because the individual misread a production report (a frequent occurrence) or simply overreacted.
    I was once fired from this position after I had accidentally logged an extra 15 minutes on my time sheet. 15 minutes! No warning, no discussion, just fired. I got my job back the next day after I brought the matter to a higher chain in command.
    Job security is a joke. Recently many people, including myself, were all terminated without any warning at all. Even though our contracts state that they will give 30 days notice before termination, I can assure you that they won't.
    The aforementioned higher-up is spiteful and immature, is anything but tech savvy, and would often make outright incorrect claims regarding the use of internet browsers.
    Management keeps a noticeable distance from the workers.
    Halfway through my time here the pay rate was altered in such a way that many people began making less than they did when they signed on.
    Getting your pay check is entirely up to whenever the higher-up feels like getting the time sheets to accounting, and she is laughably inconsistent here.

Ultimately, the job is meant to ensure that car salesmen are properly harassing car buyers for their contact information and trying to get those customers onto the lot, whether or not it is relevant to the customer's interests to do so. It is a shameful industry and there is no pride to be had in working for these people.
    If I worked alongside this "team" in an office setting, it would be nothing short of degrading.

Thoroughly review management staff, as incompetence is overtly prominent.
    Put some semblance of effort into your training materials. If you invest in your workers, your product will reflect it.
    Stop treating your workers as though they are worthless. Without them you would have nothing.

Enjoyed the work... Supervisor sucks!! Has no respect for anyone.

Former Employee - Lead Score Call Analyst (Contractor) in Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Score Call Analyst (Contractor) in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at CallSource as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Working from home as a Lead Score Call Analyst Contractor... Don't have to leave my home works great with my agoraphobia and health issues. Most of the team was good to work with we had come to know each other through yahoo messenger.

Cons

Every day the supervisor was changing the so called protocol to suite her needs. Email us something different and then get an attitude when you would ask questions weather it was private email or team email. She would talk down to you or act as if you were stupid and your questions were not important in her emails. Pretty bad when you have questions about things and you get to where you can't email the so called supervisor to ask them with out getting an attitude from her or treated as if you were stupid. A lot of us relied on other team members to get answers because the supervisor would either not answer the email or you would get treated with disrespect. I don't expect anyone to kiss my butt how ever I do demand respect. I put in a lot of hours I was just about always there to help in high Q alerts, got nothing in return not even a thank you most of the time. Then hear her complain to the team if she had to score any calls herself. She isn't the only one with a life outside of Call Source.!! If you weren't family or one of her butt kissing buddys you didn't get to keep your job even if you do have a better QC score than what her buddy's did..

That the supervisors can't hire there own family!! That the supervisors over these projects can not be over more than 1 or 2 projects at one time. That working Saturdays should be alternated through out the team. That when a project is coming to an end the contractors should have a 2 week notice just like you demand of us if we were to be quitting. That there should be direct deposit for contractors also not just supervisors and direct employees.

Most Mismanaged and Terrible Work Experience Ever

I have been working at CallSource as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The only good part about this job is working from home. There are literally no other pros.

Cons

*Even though you work at home, there is absolutely no flexibility in the schedule.
    *The teams are severely mismanaged (one team has a lot of analysts and no calls to analyze while another team has consistently too many calls and not enough analysts and the supervisor that manages both refuses to cross-train).
    *The pay is production based, but unless you keep track of every single call you do every day, you will not know what your production is until you get paid for it because they do not release production reports. If a mistake is made, you will have to wait for the next pay period to have it corrected. Some pay periods are longer than others (2 weeks vs 3 weeks depending on their pay calendar).
    *Quality control is inconsistent from call to call and analyst to analyst, so you never really know if you're doing your job right.
    *There is no HR representative available to the contractors at all. Everything has to be dealt with by going through the supervisor of your team and that person usually treats contractors as if they are an inconvenience.

Focus less on your bottom line and more on the teams that produce the product you're selling. Break up larger teams into smaller more manageable groups and put one person in charge of each instead of making one person responsible for 100 or more analysts. Give your contractors the benefit of calling themselves employees.

CallSource Photos

Food Trucks come to the office everyday!
Awesome Building...Hello!
A quick look at one of many rooms in the building.

+ Add Photo