Callidus Technologies

Updated August 7, 2014
3.1

Bill Bartlett
1 Rating

Solid company, great name recognition and reputation, career growth

Current Employee - Product Group
    Current Employee - Product Group

I have been working at Callidus Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Callidus Technologies has a great productive, friendly competitive, not to stuffy, office environment. eople are passionate about what they do, and the chances to advance your skill set are vast if you are willing to put in the work HTis company is also well revered and respected, so a recommendation carries a lot of weight. There are positions that really allow you to take ownership over your career, and it deals with a vast array of industries, O&E, Petrochemical, MFG, legal, etc.

Cons

The complicated corporate structure really provides more red tape than anything else, and increases the sense of bureaucracy in the company. LOBs and MGT does not have the autonomy to make split second decisions (or really changes in general) which makes the process of changing anything far too lengthy. Benefits could definitely be better, and the hiring process and headcount restrictions can be a bit ludicrous, and resources do not get distributed evenly amongst dept. Opportunity for promotions and growth are pretty abundant, BUT raises are another story, even from one position to the next.

Find more efficient ways to streamline the corporate structure, scale it back if possible, and put the faith in your upper MGT to make the right decisions. Do what it takes to keep your talent, it is not as abundant as anyone may think, plus the value add from a well trained and knowledgeable employee cannot be matched.

Company has an outstanding product line, but lacks in leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Callidus Technologies full-time

Pros

It was difficult to leave this company. The people that I worked with were great. They produce a great product

Cons

Employees do not have any ownership in the jobs that they do. Promotions from within were not possible. The leadership does not communicate with the employees.

Listen to your employees! Don't allow employees to receive excellent annual reviews, then when the employee leaves the company, turn around and tell them that they are were a "Loose Cannon" for something that happened a year earlier?

Manager

Former Employee - Manager  in  Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Manager in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Callidus Technologies as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Best thinking, high hiring bar, innovation and simplicity.

Cons

Lot of attrition, salary capped for engineers

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disheartening downward spiral since the Honeywell buyout

I worked at Callidus Technologies

Pros

Pay is good, every other Friday off, offices are nice

Cons

Lots of turnover-many people have left and the rehiring process has been extremely slow. I had my job plus the work of two other colleagues who left months ago. Management does not seem to notice or care.

It is also very hard to change jobs/positions at Callidus. Other than a select few, once you are hired in a particular position, you are set in stone there. It is extremely frustrating.

SAP-very few people know how to use it. Most of the data input is invalid and it takes a lot of time (and headaches) on a daily basis to make it work. Management is seemingly oblivious to the pain.

The execution phase of the manufacturing process is broken; just lots of band aids on it. Management gives a lot of talk about improving things, but never actually does anything. They seem to be only concerned about sales.

A once excellent place to work ruined by a Honeywell plant manger.

Current Employee - Fab Shop  in  Beggs, OK
    Current Employee - Fab Shop in Beggs, OK

I have been working at Callidus Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Not having to drive the long distance to Tulsa.

Cons

Poor benefits, lower pay, and a plant manager that abuses his powers. Having shop personnel do his personal things on company time and not following the procedures he makes employees follow.

It is better to replace one plant manager than to replace many experienced employees with a wealth of knowledge and many years of loyal service. It has already started and many more looking.

It's not the same place as it once was.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Callidus Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I really liked my manager. He helped develop me an I am great full for that. He help groom me and as a result I was able to get a big promotion with another organization in tulsa. My manager from Callidus and I have remained good friends as well.

Cons

Extremely high turnover, extremely low moral, poor benefits, not a family first approach anymore, work life balance is non existent due to high employee turnover and lack of ability to replace personnel due corporate policies and procedures. I really wish Callidus was the same place it was when I started working there. This is a very honest look at what is currently going on here.

There's not much that the Tulsa management team can do since they really don't have the control that they need to successfully run the business like they would like to.

slow transition to technology

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Callidus Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

have all the latest technologies supplied by Honeywell

Cons

very slow to adapt and change to provided technology

It's a great solid company with plenty of room to grow.

Current Employee - CAD Designer  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - CAD Designer in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Callidus Technologies

Pros

Well compensated for performance, satisfactory benefits, great flexibilty in work schedule.

Cons

Slow in hiring new employees as business increases.

There is a need for people in the design and drafting groups. We have more than enough people selling jobs, but it does no good if you don't have people to produce the necessary documentation to get the sold products produced. Unless of coarse the sales guys and project managers want to start drafting.

Callidus Tech Application Engineers review

Former Employee - Senior Applications Engineer  in  Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Callidus Technologies

Pros

Callidus was an excellient place to work. I would highly recomend it to anyone. There is pleanty of room for advancement and it has some of the brightest people that I have ever worked with.

Cons

Tulsa was not an idea place to live

Keep up the good work

Worked for Callidus Technologies? Contribute to the Community!