CallidusCloud

CallidusCloud Reviews

Updated Apr 30, 2014

CallidusCloud President and CEO Leslie J. Stretch

Leslie J. Stretch

Pros
  • Callidus could be a great place:(in 7 reviews)

• Opportunity to learn something new everyday(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management is not focused in the direction they want to take the company(in 3 reviews)

• The struggle for the company to be profitable in tough economic downturn, we have undergone many employee reductions and have lost good talent(in 3 reviews)

Growth, Growth, Growth

Director of Sales (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsCompany has products that sell and that customers want and need. The business model is very competitive in the market. No limit to the opportunities here. Big enough to have solid products and market presence, small enough to be able to get things done quickly.

ConsNone, unless you think having lots of opportunities to work is a problem!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep rockin'!

Rocketship Company Ready To Take Off

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsAs soon as I walked in the door on my first day I knew this was a rocketship type company that was ready to take off. Everyone here is hungry and willing to take the necessary steps to help further the companies growth. The company is aggressive in bringing in top talent and does all it can to retain that talent and it shows in the other reviews and the low churn.

With all that said, what I really love about working for this company is that they leave the politics at the door and remain agile enough to make the necessary decision to give me the resources & support I need to ensure future. The company is growing quick and I can't be more excited with what this company has planned ahead!

ConsI really wish they had a gym reimbursement plan, but I guess I can live without it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. Hire top talent and let them enjoy the ride. If you keep things politics free and agile the growth opportunity will be limitless.

Challenging, fun and rewarding, a great place to work

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

ProsStrong product suite, quality management team, very competitive compensation and a sound approach to the market. CallidusCloud rewards top performers, and while certainly an aggressive organization, allows me the freedom to do my job the way I see fit, so long as the results are there. We are well positioned for ongoing growth, I look forward to being part of the team that takes CallidusCloud to the next level.

ConsI do not see any cons

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

CallidusCloud - Privilege to work for such a Great Company!

ProsI wanted to take another moment to thank CallidusCloud once again for an amazing Club Trip this past week. This was the best one I've had the honor of attending, and I look forward to being a part of the team to make 2014 even greater!

It is a real privilege to be a part of this outstanding organization. Thank you once again for your generous awards and recognition for 2013's accomplishments.

ConsUnable to identify any "cons" at this time.

President's Club

ProsLast week was our President's Club event in Maui. Talk about a top-notch event, truly a "best in class" event! I have been to President's Club with past employers and all others pale in comparison.

You could tell that every detail was attended to with the greatest of care. Each event offered an amazing venue, view and experience. What I value most is the genuine appreciation shared on the part of the Executive team to those in attendance and all those who contributed to the success of last year. The Executive team participated in all events and took time to meet all the employees and their family members. The awards given to those at the award celebration were exceptional. Two of the top performers received awards that were truly extraordinary and seemingly selected especially with them in mind--every part of President's Club seemed very personalized which is hard to do and rare for most companies. I think everyone walked away from the event feeling very appreciated.

ConsThere is honestly no critique I could offer regarding this event-- it was a best in class event.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs you do now, continue to engage with staff at all levels of the organization -- it makes for a great work environment and promotes the open door policy.

Good experience/work, Nice people and Challenging

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsSmall company where one can grow easily - lots of opportunity for leverage your skill sets. You have to be flexible to work at Callidus.

ConsLack of leadership qualities in key areas - lack of strong product vision. Management unable to leverage the skills of strong talent people. Lack of recognition of good work. Risk is very high.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed of more leadership training for management. Need process improvement.

Mar 7, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am so glad to read that you saw great opportunities to leverage your skill sets and that you would recommend CallidusCloud to a friend. You also listed a few areas of ... More

Fantastic Growing Company

Enterprise Account Executive (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCallidus is full of hard working, energetic, smart people. The products are leaders in the sales performance management space. Callidus is well positioned for the future and I would highly recommend working at this company.

ConsOften times remote employees feel like they are on a bit of an island. My other negative is the expense reimbursement policy needs to me smoother and quicker

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be transparent to employees.

Principal Consultant

Principal Consultant (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGood pay in service division.

ConsNothing much exciting or innovation.

Mar 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We encourage all employees to take advantage of our open door policy and provide feedback, offer ideas and recommendations directly to senior ... More

Focus on Operations

IT Operations Team Lead (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe market segment is strong, there is ample opportunity to expand into EMEA, AP and Latin America markets as emerging economies will create a need for incentive compensation management and sales performance management.

ConsUpper management and sales more focused on the sale than on profitability. Sales staff is paid on straight commission with no incentive to produce margin. Profitability is handled through cost cutting and control rather than selling the service at a profit. Upper management would rather sell at a 50% loss than lose the sale.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to margin, and stop giving services away in the name of protecting unprofitable customer accounts.

Company is about $$$ only and making marginal product

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay scale is great if you work outside of Silicon Valley. Work with large clients - impressive customer list

ConsIf you are not at HQ, you are off on an island. Hard to connect to hq. Lots of travel and lots of turnover in key staff, therefore hard to build cohesive teams, commitment, or otherwise.

Advice to Senior ManagementCultivate talent and long term customer relationships

May 23, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are always looking at new ways to enhance the synergy between remote employees and those located in CallidusCloud offices. Thank you again for your critique as well as ... More

Worked for CallidusCloud? Contribute to the Community!