CallidusCloud

Updated March 5, 2015
3.9

CallidusCloud President and CEO Leslie Stretch
Leslie Stretch

Pros
  • CallidusCloud has been a great place to grow and learn (in 9 reviews)

• Opportunity to learn something new everyday (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Dont see any cons in past four years (in 3 reviews)

• Senior management is not focused in the direction they want to take the company (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Best Software Company in the East Bay

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (more than a year)

Pros

GREAT new offices in Dublin!! Open and bright with coffee/snack stations throughout and a FANTASTIC gym on the 4th floor. Fast-paced environment with plenty of opportunity to grow and contribute!!!

Cons

TOO hard to come up with cons...:-))

Everyone says the company is ok

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly, hard working people
    Growth to new building in the next few months; potentially bigger space and the not have a coworker sitting at the end of your desk

Cons

No Leadership
    Leader are "yes" people, no one with the guts to say how a company of this size should work.
    No merit increases in 5 years
    Finance/HR staff not professional or skilled in their profession.

Clean house and bring in people with the skills to preform the necessary jobs.

CallidusCloud is a great place for Entry-Level college graduates to begin their career.

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Mostly friendly people - Fun perks (warriors/a's tickets, beer bashes, catered lunches, etc) - Lots of entry-level positions - Advancement opportunities, etc.

Cons

A lot of politics - Special treatments for some people, other people will go unnoticed - It's easy to feel "small" here or not appreciated.

Your employees work really hard - Even if things aren't perfect or exactly where they need to be, always take the time to acknowledge the "smaller" people for their tasks because their roles are important, too.

Dec 10, 2014VP, Global Talent and HR

Employee feedback is very important to us so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We foster an inclusive and transparent work environment and encourage use of our open door policy ... More

Great company to be a part of

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This has been my first job at a corporate company and I couldn't be happier. The company culture at CallidusCloud is inclusive and inspiring. It's wonderful to work for a company with great colleagues, committed leaders, and tools that you can stand behind and be proud to represent. CallidusCloud has been a great place to grow and learn.

Cons

The location can be a bit hard to get to because of traffic.

Cutting edge software company that needs to improve retention

I worked at CallidusCloud full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent company that has a great suite of products, flexible working hours home/in office. Benefits above average. Hard work is usually rewarded with stock, bonuses as long as company wide results are good. They are getting better at defining and adhering to their project processes.

Cons

Workload way too much for a std 40 hour week. Resources spread too thin across projects so project teams verbally fight over resource allocations. Learning curve of products huge, placed onto projects with little training including customer facing project meetings. Sales is usually clueless on effort really needed to implement projects. Pay is below what employees are truly worth. Management concerned with $$ over everything else.

All of this leads to turnover of some of the best and most knowledgeable employees.

Invest more in your employees and you ROI will soar.

Oct 27, 2014Director, Global Staffing and Onboarding

First, thank you for your more than ten years of service to CallidusCloud. I am pleased to see that you mentioned our great suite of products, flexible work hours and competitive benefits programs ... More

CallidusCloud is a GREAT place to work!

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time

Pros

I've been with CallidusCloud for a few years and I'm really proud to say that I'm part of this amazing organization.

Have we had change? Yes, but change is good.

Why do I enjoy working here?
    • We have a great leadership team
    • Wonderful company culture and team environment
    • Exciting product suite

Did I mention we're award winning? Hard work pays off.

The company really cares about the team and goes above and beyond for all of us. All of our contributions are visible and recognized at even the highest levels.

Cons

None at this time.

A disturbing trend

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Well run company, pleasantly diverse and open work environment.

Cons

I've noticed a disturbing trend at CallidusCloud: it's impossible to work your way up in this organization. There are a few people who have....oddly enough they are all of the same background as the CEO...but otherwise, there's no upward mobility. People who have put in their time, and have been promoted to low or mid-level management, are generally smacked back down to being an individual contributor as soon as one of the C-Level officers decides to bring in talent from outside. It's happened to me twice, and I've seen it happen to several others. I used to think this was an organization that enabled people to succeed, but now I'm having second thoughts.

CallidusCloud is not a startup. Stop running it like one. When you find someone willing to work, give them a chance to pursue a career path rather than always asking them to just do whatever job the organization needs done.

Oct 9, 2014Director, Global Staffing and Onboarding

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to see that you noted in the "pros" section that we are a well run company with a diverse and open work environment. As you know, we have an open door ... More

Great Company and Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (less than a year)

Pros

While I have only been here a few months, I can say that I am very pleased with my decision to work for CallidusCloud. I find the people, bright, enthusiastic and willing to do what it takes to make things happen! Management is very supportive and willing to listen to new ideas and new ways of doing things. The company also has nice perks you don't often still experience like beer busts, ice cream socials, company picnics and more.

Cons

I can't think of any other than the fact that this is a small company that sometimes does not have all it's processes in place, but then again, we are agile and fast moving.

Keep up the good work and always remember to listen to your employees!

Self starter Opportunity

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Untapped earning potential in the AE role

Cons

Not necessarily a good fit for entry level reps that need a lot of mentoring

Culture of intimidation, half truths and bullying

Former Employee - Sales in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at CallidusCloud full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are willing to put up with management, you can make decent money. Some of the perks can be nice and include the latest iPhones, gift cards, etc.

Cons

All of the good executives have exited. Current leadership is led by fear, intimidation and bullying by the C level. The only people left are the ones who either 1) can't get another decent job or 2) think the title and promise of money are worth the pressure and brow beating.

Company execs hand out titles like candy with the promise of stock and money "if you perform". Then the bullying begins including threats of firing and revocation of stock. Those that are smart figure it out pretty quickly. Others think it is just "anomalous" behavior. Here is a hint, it is not.

Company execs pressure people to post decent reviews here because they know that investors monitor this site. No one in their right mind would give a positive review to this company.

For those execs that are left, there is life after Callidus. And other companies pay the same if not better.

Sep 19, 2014Director, Global Staffing and Onboarding

Thank you for sharing your feedback. As you know, we have an open door policy at all levels of the organization. It's a pity you didn’t share your thoughts while you were still here.

We monitor