CallidusCloud Reviews

Reset
3.6
CallidusCloud President and CEO Leslie Stretch
Leslie Stretch

Pros
  • Callidus could be a great place: (in 9 reviews)

• Well run company, pleasantly diverse and open work environment (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Dont see any cons in past four years (in 3 reviews)

• Senior management is not focused in the direction they want to take the company (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great place to work

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is doing well externally—the competition is not able to keep up, customers are happy, the stock is progressing nicely, people get the vision etc. The company is doing well internally---people like working here, the perks are fantastic, they give stock and raises when you perform, promotions are happening internally instead of people coming from the outside and Callidus is a great place to work.

Cons

Wish I would have signed up for ESPP earlier—the stock is doing really well.

Advice to Management

No advice.

2. Commissions Accountant

Current Employee - Commissions Accountant in Tracy, CA
    Current Employee - Commissions Accountant in Tracy, CA

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn and advance you carrier in the SaaS industry with this growing company.

Cons

You get asked to do tasks that are not related to your position, which is both a pro and a con.

Advice to Management

Management needs to set a better examples for employees.

3. Overall, a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Pros

New HQ, great facility with everything you can need. Amenities include: fridge stocked with beverages, espresso machines, snack dispensers, pool table, ping pang table, and gym. Weekly events like beer bash, lunches, and ice cream social. Executive staff is very approachable and seem like nice people. CEO is very down to earth and will chat with you at the coffee machine any time.

Cons

Culture seems to vary by department. There are a lot of siloes which is odd for a company still relatively small. Litmos team is practically their own company and seem to be very happy and have lots of fun. Leadformix team is withering away. Marketing doesn't seem to have the same flat structure. It's hard to get support from them - if it's not on their list to produce, they won't do it. Not sure if the guy is just a jerk or if his team is just too busy. Finance seems to have a lot of turn over. And it's a huge department, half the floor.

Advice to Management

Communication needs improvement. Depending on your role, you might be in the know. There used to be an annual family picnic that has always been fun, but it didn't happen this year and there was no communication about why. When there is good press, they share, but they don't share bad press or why executives are selling shares of stock. Is there something happening we should know about?

Sales

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dublin, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dublin, CA

Pros

Great benefits with stock options. Ability to travel, attend team events outside of work.

Cons

None. Work here! A lot of fun.

6. Great company, poor hiring skills

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant

I worked at CallidusCloud full-time

Pros

Enjoyed the work environment and company offers room for advancement

Cons

Low salary, does not hire to meet project needs- more college grads hired than mid to senior level

Advice to Management

Hire more useful resources to even out all the entry level hires

7. CallidusCloud

Pros

Nice office. Free snacks. Beer bashes every month

Cons

Some people in management do not deserve to be there nor do they know how to manage others. Also, HR team lets some bad ones through the cracks/doors

Advice to Management

Hire people that know what they are doing and how to treat the people that work under them.

Aug 21, 2015 – SVP, Talent and HR

Our management team is measured on their contribution to the company’s goals. We promote based on achievement and leadership skills. We wish you well in your next opportunity.

8. Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Good benefits, decent wages for top performers

Cons

Politics, employees don't matter, kiss your family life goodbye

Advice to Management

Do not place an inexperienced individual in a management position especially over a brand new acquisition. Keep an eye out for politics. You have lost great employees because the manager doesn't like that they won't do things his way.. even though his way is clearly not working. Just because you have trips and spiffs doesn't mean you care about your employees try to get to know your employees and don't just trust what their managers have to say about them.

Aug 21, 2015 – SVP, Talent and HR

We have a real open door policy that I wish you would have used while employed with us. We are an organization that values performance and promotes people into management who drive performance. We ... More

9. Could be a fantastic place to work, if only...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time

Pros

Most all groups within Callidus really pull together to support each other and drive the companies successes. Nice offices with perks such as free lunches, parties, company outings etc. you can advance if you know the right people.

Cons

Upper management does not seem to respect the rank and file employees. Altough the company continues to announce record numbers, this doesn't translate into salary increases for those that contributed to its successes, unless you are in the sales group or a senior executive, bonuses have been paid at a fraction of their targeted amount. The only communication out of the HR department is during open enrollment.

Jul 28, 2015 – SVP, Talent and HR

We are a pay for performance company, so all employees have the opportunity to earn great income, bonus and stock. Advancement opportunities are also performance driven so I highly encourage you to ... More

10. Great Work Environment

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at CallidusCloud (More than a year)

Pros

Definitely a lot of flexibility with working remote or working in office. Employees there before me made it a painless process with learning the products since the learning curve is so big.

Cons

Pay could definitely be better for the technical level or work demanded from employers on a daily basis.

11. So So

Pros

Interesting place to work with a fun culture. People are great free food, etc. Nice office

Cons

Management needs to step up and get in sync. They are not at all connected - the right hand simply does not know what the left hand is doing - or do the even know if they have a left hand???

Advice to Management

Get together, focus, and communicate to the organization -

May 21, 2015 – SVP, Global Talent and HR

We believe it is important to communicate with all employees (not just managers) on where we are as a company today, our vision and goals for the future and the steps we plan to take in achieving our ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed