CallidusCloud Reviews

Updated October 16, 2014
4.0

CallidusCloud President and CEO Leslie Stretch
Leslie Stretch

Pros
  • Callidus could be a great place: (in 8 reviews)

• Opportunity to learn something new everyday (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Dont see any cons in past four years (in 3 reviews)

• Senior management is not focused in the direction they want to take the company (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

CallidusCloud is a GREAT place to work!

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time

Pros

I've been with CallidusCloud for a few years and I'm really proud to say that I'm part of this amazing organization.

Have we had change? Yes, but change is good.

Why do I enjoy working here?
    • We have a great leadership team
    • Wonderful company culture and team environment
    • Exciting product suite

Did I mention we're award winning? Hard work pays off.

The company really cares about the team and goes above and beyond for all of us. All of our contributions are visible and recognized at even the highest levels.

Cons

None at this time.

Cutting edge software company that needs to improve retention

I worked at CallidusCloud full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent company that has a great suite of products, flexible working hours home/in office. Benefits above average. Hard work is usually rewarded with stock, bonuses as long as company wide results are good. They are getting better at defining and adhering to their project processes.

Cons

Workload way too much for a std 40 hour week. Resources spread too thin across projects so project teams verbally fight over resource allocations. Learning curve of products huge, placed onto projects with little training including customer facing project meetings. Sales is usually clueless on effort really needed to implement projects. Pay is below what employees are truly worth. Management concerned with $$ over everything else.

All of this leads to turnover of some of the best and most knowledgeable employees.

Invest more in your employees and you ROI will soar.

A disturbing trend

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Well run company, pleasantly diverse and open work environment.

Cons

I've noticed a disturbing trend at CallidusCloud: it's impossible to work your way up in this organization. There are a few people who have....oddly enough they are all of the same background as the CEO...but otherwise, there's no upward mobility. People who have put in their time, and have been promoted to low or mid-level management, are generally smacked back down to being an individual contributor as soon as one of the C-Level officers decides to bring in talent from outside. It's happened to me twice, and I've seen it happen to several others. I used to think this was an organization that enabled people to succeed, but now I'm having second thoughts.

CallidusCloud is not a startup. Stop running it like one. When you find someone willing to work, give them a chance to pursue a career path rather than always asking them to just do whatever job the organization needs done.

Oct 9, 2014Director, Global Staffing and Onboarding

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to see that you noted in the "pros" section that we are a well run company with a diverse and open work environment. As you know, we have an open door ... More

Great Company and Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (less than an year)

Pros

While I have only been here a few months, I can say that I am very pleased with my decision to work for CallidusCloud. I find the people, bright, enthusiastic and willing to do what it takes to make things happen! Management is very supportive and willing to listen to new ideas and new ways of doing things. The company also has nice perks you don't often still experience like beer busts, ice cream socials, company picnics and more.

Cons

I can't think of any other than the fact that this is a small company that sometimes does not have all it's processes in place, but then again, we are agile and fast moving.

Keep up the good work and always remember to listen to your employees!

Self starter Opportunity

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Untapped earning potential in the AE role

Cons

Not necessarily a good fit for entry level reps that need a lot of mentoring

Culture of intimidation, half truths and bullying

Former Employee - Sales in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at CallidusCloud full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are willing to put up with management, you can make decent money. Some of the perks can be nice and include the latest iPhones, gift cards, etc.

Cons

All of the good executives have exited. Current leadership is led by fear, intimidation and bullying by the C level. The only people left are the ones who either 1) can't get another decent job or 2) think the title and promise of money are worth the pressure and brow beating.

Company execs hand out titles like candy with the promise of stock and money "if you perform". Then the bullying begins including threats of firing and revocation of stock. Those that are smart figure it out pretty quickly. Others think it is just "anomalous" behavior. Here is a hint, it is not.

Company execs pressure people to post decent reviews here because they know that investors monitor this site. No one in their right mind would give a positive review to this company.

For those execs that are left, there is life after Callidus. And other companies pay the same if not better.

Sep 19, 2014Director, Global Staffing and Onboarding

Thank you for sharing your feedback. As you know, we have an open door policy at all levels of the organization. It's a pity you didn’t share your thoughts while you were still here.

We monitor
    ... More

This is not a great place to work.

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Birmingham, AL

I worked at CallidusCloud full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some of the people who work here (peers) are truly wonderful.
    Free Lunch Thursday once a month.
    Fairly good benefits.
    Soda machine in the office.
    Free snacks.

Cons

Management is not fantastic at training or making you feel comfortable and putting you in a position to learn well. You will feel like they will fire you at any time within the first few months of your employment. Training is pretty laughable, but it is growing. If you would like to learn (mostly) all on your own and under intentional stress, this is the place for you. They will also want you to work far past 40 hours while you are on salary.

Make the training better and spend time actually training those who come in and make them comfortable.

Sep 15, 2014Director, Global Staffing and Onboarding

Employee feedback is very important to us so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. At CallidusCloud, our people make all the difference. Callidus is committed to employee development ... More

High Turnover

Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CallidusCloud full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay of the organization was very good and it was better than many other companies. The company had several remote employees and did a nice job of keeping the remote employees feeling connected.

Cons

A revolving door for management and employees. After some short sighted acquisitions there were wave after wave of layoffs. Much of the knowledge went out the door.

There needs to be stability within the organization. Too often short sighted approaches were taken without a long term vision.

Aug 19, 2014Director, Global Staffing and Onboarding

Thank you for your feedback. Employee feedback is very important to us as we are always looking at ways to enhance the employee experience. I am pleased to read that as a remote employee you felt ... More

No Longer A 'Real' Silicon Valley software company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at CallidusCloud full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Callidus since the mid 2000s. I had a better than average salary, but not sure about my colleagues. I believe their pay was lower. The company is small, which provides a lot of opportunities to learn technical things. Like most small companies, it is a swim or sink mentally which is challenging but rewarding if you have talent and work hard you can learn a lot.

Cons

Overall, the company has changed a lot within the past 5-6 years. The company was a leader in its space years ago, but now focus is on client SaaS conversion. Management turn over had been high, especially in 2012/2013. Most of the rank and file who grew with the company has been replaced by off-shore teams. The company is focus on quick sales and SaaS conversions rather than improving a product.

Stop buying random companies that add little value to the core product line. Six figures!!

Aug 19, 2014Director, Global Staffing and Onboarding

Thank you for your feedback. I am so pleased to see that you highlighted the opportunity to learn while here at CallidusCloud. We are always looking at ways to invest in our staff, grow their skills ... More

The Last Train Has Left This Station!

I worked at CallidusCloud full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Callidus used to be a great place to work! With a few exceptions, a solid management team, vision, collaboration, cross-departmental support but most importantly, it was a place that had hope for growth and a successful future. Compensation was competitive, there was leadership one could believe in and there was a sense of pride in answering that ubiquitous question, "So, where do you work?". No more - that last train has departed the Callidus station (and will not return as long as the current leadership is still in place).

Cons

An overhaul of senior management in 2013 combined with entrenched legacy management whose only focus and limited leadership boiled down to sales and absolutely nothing else, began a tailspin that still continues today, further exacerbated with new leadership that finds itself severely lacking in anything remotely related to managerial or leadership skills. Proof in the pudding?: departures of key (excellent) personnel across all departments which is only trending upwards. Why are reviews positive?: HR trolls the reviews and senior management "encourages" higher-level peons to write positive reviews. What does senior management do well?: Spin...that's it. Side note: Just watch, HR will troll this review as well.

Please abdicate and give this company a fighting chance. Advice to job prospects/candidates: Join this company! (if you want to: lose all faith in humanity/corporate career outlook, have no sense of pride in one's work, get stabbed both in the front and back by colleagues up and down the chain, be constantly looking over your shoulder, struggle getting excited for work every day, be a corporate automaton collecting your paycheck every 2 weeks, and if you want to feel like your soul is being sucked out of you).

Aug 19, 2014Director, Global Staffing and Onboarding

Employee feedback is very important to us so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We review and respond to Glassdoor postings because we value feedback from current and former ... More