CallidusCloud

Updated September 16, 2014
4.2

CallidusCloud President and CEO Leslie Stretch
Leslie Stretch

Pros
  • Callidus could be a great place: (in 7 reviews)

• Opportunity to learn something new everyday (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management is not focused in the direction they want to take the company (in 3 reviews)

• The struggle for the company to be profitable in tough economic downturn, we have undergone many employee reductions and have lost good talent (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

CallidusCloud is a GREAT place to work!

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time

Pros

I've been with CallidusCloud for a few years and I'm really proud to say that I'm part of this amazing organization.

Have we had change? Yes, but change is good.

Why do I enjoy working here?
    • We have a great leadership team
    • Wonderful company culture and team environment
    • Exciting product suite

Did I mention we're award winning? Hard work pays off.

The company really cares about the team and goes above and beyond for all of us. All of our contributions are visible and recognized at even the highest levels.

Cons

None at this time.

Great Company and Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time for less than a year

Pros

While I have only been here a few months, I can say that I am very pleased with my decision to work for CallidusCloud. I find the people, bright, enthusiastic and willing to do what it takes to make things happen! Management is very supportive and willing to listen to new ideas and new ways of doing things. The company also has nice perks you don't often still experience like beer busts, ice cream socials, company picnics and more.

Cons

I can't think of any other than the fact that this is a small company that sometimes does not have all it's processes in place, but then again, we are agile and fast moving.

Keep up the good work and always remember to listen to your employees!

Self starter Opportunity

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time for more than a year

Pros

Untapped earning potential in the AE role

Cons

Not necessarily a good fit for entry level reps that need a lot of mentoring

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Culture of intimidation, half truths and bullying

Former Employee - Sales  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at CallidusCloud full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are willing to put up with management, you can make decent money. Some of the perks can be nice and include the latest iPhones, gift cards, etc.

Cons

All of the good executives have exited. Current leadership is led by fear, intimidation and bullying by the C level. The only people left are the ones who either 1) can't get another decent job or 2) think the title and promise of money are worth the pressure and brow beating.

Company execs hand out titles like candy with the promise of stock and money "if you perform". Then the bullying begins including threats of firing and revocation of stock. Those that are smart figure it out pretty quickly. Others think it is just "anomalous" behavior. Here is a hint, it is not.

Company execs pressure people to post decent reviews here because they know that investors monitor this site. No one in their right mind would give a positive review to this company.

For those execs that are left, there is life after Callidus. And other companies pay the same if not better.

Sep 19, 2014Director, Global Staffing and Onboarding

Thank you for sharing your feedback. As you know, we have an open door policy at all levels of the organization. It's a pity you didn’t share your thoughts while you were still here.

We monitor
    ... More

This is not a great place to work.

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant  in  Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Birmingham, AL

I worked at CallidusCloud full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the people who work here (peers) are truly wonderful.
    Free Lunch Thursday once a month.
    Fairly good benefits.
    Soda machine in the office.
    Free snacks.

Cons

Management is not fantastic at training or making you feel comfortable and putting you in a position to learn well. You will feel like they will fire you at any time within the first few months of your employment. Training is pretty laughable, but it is growing. If you would like to learn (mostly) all on your own and under intentional stress, this is the place for you. They will also want you to work far past 40 hours while you are on salary.

Make the training better and spend time actually training those who come in and make them comfortable.

Sep 15, 2014Director, Global Staffing and Onboarding

Employee feedback is very important to us so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. At CallidusCloud, our people make all the difference. Callidus is committed to employee development ... More

High Turnover

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CallidusCloud full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay of the organization was very good and it was better than many other companies. The company had several remote employees and did a nice job of keeping the remote employees feeling connected.

Cons

A revolving door for management and employees. After some short sighted acquisitions there were wave after wave of layoffs. Much of the knowledge went out the door.

There needs to be stability within the organization. Too often short sighted approaches were taken without a long term vision.

Aug 19, 2014Director, Global Staffing and Onboarding

Thank you for your feedback. Employee feedback is very important to us as we are always looking at ways to enhance the employee experience. I am pleased to read that as a remote employee you felt ... More

No Longer A 'Real' Silicon Valley software company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at CallidusCloud full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked at Callidus since the mid 2000s. I had a better than average salary, but not sure about my colleagues. I believe their pay was lower. The company is small, which provides a lot of opportunities to learn technical things. Like most small companies, it is a swim or sink mentally which is challenging but rewarding if you have talent and work hard you can learn a lot.

Cons

Overall, the company has changed a lot within the past 5-6 years. The company was a leader in its space years ago, but now focus is on client SaaS conversion. Management turn over had been high, especially in 2012/2013. Most of the rank and file who grew with the company has been replaced by off-shore teams. The company is focus on quick sales and SaaS conversions rather than improving a product.

Stop buying random companies that add little value to the core product line. Six figures!!

Aug 19, 2014Director, Global Staffing and Onboarding

Thank you for your feedback. I am so pleased to see that you highlighted the opportunity to learn while here at CallidusCloud. We are always looking at ways to invest in our staff, grow their skills ... More

The Last Train Has Left This Station!

I worked at CallidusCloud full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Callidus used to be a great place to work! With a few exceptions, a solid management team, vision, collaboration, cross-departmental support but most importantly, it was a place that had hope for growth and a successful future. Compensation was competitive, there was leadership one could believe in and there was a sense of pride in answering that ubiquitous question, "So, where do you work?". No more - that last train has departed the Callidus station (and will not return as long as the current leadership is still in place).

Cons

An overhaul of senior management in 2013 combined with entrenched legacy management whose only focus and limited leadership boiled down to sales and absolutely nothing else, began a tailspin that still continues today, further exacerbated with new leadership that finds itself severely lacking in anything remotely related to managerial or leadership skills. Proof in the pudding?: departures of key (excellent) personnel across all departments which is only trending upwards. Why are reviews positive?: HR trolls the reviews and senior management "encourages" higher-level peons to write positive reviews. What does senior management do well?: Spin...that's it. Side note: Just watch, HR will troll this review as well.

Please abdicate and give this company a fighting chance. Advice to job prospects/candidates: Join this company! (if you want to: lose all faith in humanity/corporate career outlook, have no sense of pride in one's work, get stabbed both in the front and back by colleagues up and down the chain, be constantly looking over your shoulder, struggle getting excited for work every day, be a corporate automaton collecting your paycheck every 2 weeks, and if you want to feel like your soul is being sucked out of you).

Aug 19, 2014Director, Global Staffing and Onboarding

Employee feedback is very important to us so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We review and respond to Glassdoor postings because we value feedback from current and former ... More

Growth, Growth, Growth

Current Employee - Director of Sales  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company has products that sell and that customers want and need. The business model is very competitive in the market. No limit to the opportunities here. Big enough to have solid products and market presence, small enough to be able to get things done quickly.

Cons

None, unless you think having lots of opportunities to work is a problem!

Keep rockin'!

Rocketship Company Ready To Take Off

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time for less than a year

Pros

As soon as I walked in the door on my first day I knew this was a rocketship type company that was ready to take off. Everyone here is hungry and willing to take the necessary steps to help further the companies growth. The company is aggressive in bringing in top talent and does all it can to retain that talent and it shows in the other reviews and the low churn.

With all that said, what I really love about working for this company is that they leave the politics at the door and remain agile enough to make the necessary decision to give me the resources & support I need to ensure future. The company is growing quick and I can't be more excited with what this company has planned ahead!

Cons

I really wish they had a gym reimbursement plan, but I guess I can live without it.

Keep doing what you are doing. Hire top talent and let them enjoy the ride. If you keep things politics free and agile the growth opportunity will be limitless.

Worked for CallidusCloud? Contribute to the Community!