Calsoft

www.calsoftinc.com

Calsoft Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Anupam Bhide

ONe of the best companies to start your career with and learn as much as you can

Senior QA (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsWork visibility by higher management, appreciation for your work, will get opportunity to work on cutting edge storage technologies.

ConsNot so good employee retention policy

Advice to Senior Managementwork on employee retention as talent trained by you guys is going to other companies, which is a loss for calsoft

Good Work in Engineering work

ProsGood work
    Good people around except few
    Flexible timings
    Freedom to choose the project

ConsHR policies are not employee friendly
    Very high attrition
    Very slow HR in work
    No work from home policy at all
    Leaves are very less as compared to other companies

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take a call on attrition and hire some smart and strong people in HR.

It is OK

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pune (India)

Pros1. lot to learn as fresher
    2. if proved a good opportunity, getting leadership is easy; but low chance.

Cons1.work life balance depends on work. few people does have lot work load than most of the others.
    2. Personal growth depends on work.
    3. hopeless HR. increment policy is very bad.
    4. personal benefits depends on appraisal. HR are lazy enough to have one on one for that.

Advice to Senior Management1. take appraisals seriously and provide opportunity to prove oneself than cutting off personal benefits of someone. six months on bench was worst experience and you have no right to take off benefits for that reason.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

working@calsoft

Principal Development Engineer (Current Employee) Pune (India)

Prosaverage software company service level contracts, some are really good cutting edge technology work. Work culture is good in some projects, flexible work policies

Conswork is unpredictable and market condition dependant. Not a big company. accounts department sucks in compensating expenses.

Calsoft is fantastic place for freshies

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsGreat work, good work culture.It used to hire really smart people back in 2006. Fantastic exposer.
    Most of the people I worked with in Calsoft are working in top companies in US right now.

ConsSalary. Although I don't think a fresher should ever worry about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementCalsoft didn't really grow in last 13 years. If calsoft wants to grow, it should work more like a corporate than a family owned business.

Worst company ever. Experienced: look before you leap. Freshers: if no any option, you can become QA here.

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsNo Pros.
    Being a human, it is responsibility of an individual to do their job enough well. They dont know their responsibility.
    Management is full of negative thinking,
    HR show fake requirements at the time of recruitment. Interview might be conducted of very hard level. But no proper Project. Business Development folks are weak, so no projects. HR is all the time busy in maintaining head count of company by recruiting for FAKE REQUIREMENTS. Attrition rate is hell.
    IF there is any project you get to work, you will end up in doing unnecessary work, unnecessary meetings. Commit suicide but dont enter in this organisation. On paper company seems good but, reality is very very worst.

ConsDont see the companys website, it is full of just technical words, jargons, No strong clients in terms of finance and outsourced work. You will see No Future. Recruitment HR are worst, they make so many lies.
    Finally and most important, everything is running for money, which they dont have. Lack of projects, Lack of funds, No enough compensation. Highly frustrating environment. Treatment with employee is worst. People leave the company within a year of joining. Being a company of 300-400 people, within a month 90 people left. Who suffers most, employee / employer?

Advice to Senior ManagementThough you are here to do business. First try to be good human. Vision, Values, Mission these things are just for the sake of name ?

Simply Bakwas

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNo best reason to work in calsoft since the governmet team means accounts team consists mannerless people.

ConsTo deal with accounts team its a very pathetic.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some softskill training for accounts team.

Worst

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Pune (India)

Pros1. I can not found anuthing

Cons1. No idea what they are doing , if you hired for x technology they will put u on y technology.
    2. Short term project .
    3. Put so much pressure on employees.
    4. some mangers are treating employees worse than animal.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood employees are leaving becoz of worst management .
    Earning money is good but at employee's personal life cost ? not fair ....

Good work but small projects

Senior QA Engineer (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsGood managers but work is less consistent.

ConsNot as such to mention

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Beginning of career. Good experience..

Quality Analyst (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsMuch to learn. Better management

ConsGrowth is less. No travelling facility.

Worked for Calsoft? Contribute to the Community!