CalsonicKansei North America Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.7
Kiyoto Shinohara

1. Fast-paced exciting environment!

I have been working at CalsonicKansei North America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At Calsonic you can make significant contributions at all levels and the sky is the limit if you are looking to advance. The company offers great benefits and truly cares about their team members.

Cons

The Calsonic environment is very demanding. You have to put in 110% to succeed, but the teamwork makes it worth it.

Advice to Management

I think all managers should be fully aware of what their team members are doing. Help manage workload and give advice when needed. They should be hands on and consistent.

2. Buyer III

Former Employee - Senior Buyer in Shelbyville, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Buyer in Shelbyville, TN

I worked at CalsonicKansei North America full-time

Pros

Good 401K match and paid time off over shutdown during Christmas holiday. A small select group of good people to work with in the department.

Cons

Management treats employees like children and used work life balance schedule as a reward instead of the benefit it was. They have the mentality that if you are not at your desk you are not working and monitor how many hours you work each week and how long you were out to lunch. Management only promotes those who fulfill their agenda instead of the best person for the job. Most of upper management has not worked any place else so they do not have a real world view on how to run PD and make it a better department and more cohesive. Trying to get any thing of value to do your job takes forever and you have to pitch a fit before it will be approved. They have also taken away the good quality heath care they offered and now they are self insured, so good luck getting any kind of treatments or payments for serious health issues. To many employees doing the same job no matter their title and the compensation range is very diverse. I was a Buyer III and the Buyer I and I were doing the same exact job. They also advertised a job posting for my exact position with the salary range $10K per year starting out than what I was making at that time and I had already been there a year.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. They are the reason that CKNA is a viable company. Don't report record profits and then give insult raises and take away benefits from the people that make the company what it is. Promote the best person for the job and a person who has a forward thinking vision to make the company a better place to work. Keep moral positive and reward hard work.

3. Buyer

Current Employee - Buyer in Shelbyville, TN
    Current Employee - Buyer in Shelbyville, TN

I have been working at CalsonicKansei North America full-time

Pros

5% match on 401k, on site company doctor, plenty of work, good training program for six sigma, paid time off at Christmas

Cons

Too much work, inconsistent management staff that treats non management as 5 year olds, more Chiefs than Indians, stingy to the point of comedic regarding basic needs to simply do job.

Advice to Management

Treat those you supervise as professional adults, not like 5 year olds you need to control.

5. Great benefits

Pros

Great benefits for their employs

Cons

No accountability for some employs.

6. Machinist

Current Employee - CNC Machinist in Shelbyville, TN
    Current Employee - CNC Machinist in Shelbyville, TN

I have been working at CalsonicKansei North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and excellent pay

Cons

Shift work, weak management over our shop

7. Abysmal Leadership

Current Employee - Salaried Technical
    Current Employee - Salaried Technical

Pros

Decent Benefits, 2 weeks vacation plus long Christmas break.

Cons

Low pay for salaried personnel, incompetence is practically encouraged, because management is so bad, they don't accept "A" players. Very reactive, no institutionalized understanding of modern manufacturing. Weekly and Monthly slogans, usually translated from Japanese versions- badly. Worries that people might be offended by saying "Merry Christmas"

Advice to Management

Realize that you could never hold your job outside of the company, because you are probably not a professional at what you do, you just have the title because you put in your time and you manage to squeek by in a low expectation environment.

8. Great pay and benefits

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Lewisburg, TN
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Lewisburg, TN

I worked at CalsonicKansei North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent compensation, interesting work. High tech, dynamic company. Learned a lot of lean manufacturing techniques. Excellent benefits, had an onsite clinic that provided free health care for employees and dependents.

Cons

High stress, lots of hours. Poor work/life balance. Schedule could change with little or no notice. Worked a lot of weekends with no compensation (no extra pay or comp time).

Advice to Management

Focus on job satisfaction issues to help retention.

9. A good place to work for the area.

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Shelbyville, TN

I worked at CalsonicKansei North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good 401K and onsite health clinic.

Cons

Too focused on advancement requiring a 4 year degree.

Advice to Management

Some of the best people for jobs don't have a 4 year degree.

10. Excellent..Loved it.

Former Employee - Welder/Technician in Shelbyville, TN
    Former Employee - Welder/Technician in Shelbyville, TN

I worked at CalsonicKansei North America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, vacation time great, people friendly

Cons

too much buddy system. I did my job the best I could.

Advice to Management

They need to see the Dedicated Employee's instead of there best friends and what they do outside of Work!

11. Maintenance Technician

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Shelbyville, TN

I worked at CalsonicKansei North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many types of equipment to learn/work on, good workmates with lots of experience

Cons

no formal training on any equipment, over generalized job descriptions

Advice to Management

Maintenance Division is the core of CKNA. All production issues are not a maintenance responsibility.

RSS Feed </> Embed