Calvin Klein

Be The First To
Add Photos

Calvin Klein President and COO Tom Murry

Tom Murry

Pros
  • Great discount and decent management(in 9 reviews)

• Employee discount is pretty good compared with other companies(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • No free items of any kind, no commission, no movement within the company, no raises/promotions, low pay(in 3 reviews)

• A lot of pressure to sell yet paid minimum wage(in 3 reviews)

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Washington, PA

ProsYou get 30% off of the product in the store. I helped open up a store and it was a very good experience. It is an easy job and the atmosphere was very good. Calvin Klein holds you to a high standard and they expect you to represent the brand well. World class service is very important to this company.

ConsYou have to work late hours. The way i was scheduled was every exhausting because my shifts were long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive raises to good associates. Make more room for advancement.

I worked in a good store

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Cabazon, CA

Proslaid back part time job. fast-paced. Average pay. I worked in a store with a good general manager and good managerial crew, which is the most important thing in a retail environment.

ConsOnly part time. I shopped in other Calvin Klein stores in other cities and have seen bored employees and messy merchandising, so the job experience is very store-dependent.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you keep good management around and good employees in other areas will stick around also.

Wonderful Benefits

Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) Aurora, IL

ProsBenefits, The People, Customer Service Focused

ConsHard Work. Hours are never the same. Long weekends

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people like you're doing right now

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent Starter Job

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

Pros-Great Employee Benefit (40% off all PVH stores)
    -Pays a bit over minimum
    -Can get a good amount of hours depending on availability
    -My store hired me with no work experience, only a small volunteering experience

Cons-Overnight shifts don't pay extra
    -Very grueling work, but that's pretty much expected of retail
    -Being "on call" can be extremely vague, and missing one is very detrimental.
    -We don't get a discount from GH Bass anymore. That was a good store.
    -The music in the store makes it feel like a Euro dance club. Maybe you're into that.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate has some bad ideas. Use good judgement.

Say No to Retail

Floor Supervisor (Current Employee)

Pros- great staff members
    - nice discount (40% off all PVH companies, and Speedo)
    - really no reason to work overtime

Cons- middle management is terrible... no sense of communication with them, and they play favorites.
    - never seem to have proper inventory, then wonder why sales are so low
    - difficult to move up the company
    - start off employees at minimum wage; pay raise feels like chump change
    - multimillion dollar company is too cheap to fix physical damage at our store

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice to management-- too stubborn and snobby to care.

GOOD COMPANY CULTURE

ProsEveryone works well together and it's a good company to work for. Great discount and decent management.

ConsNot great for growth. Promotion process is very slow.

It's a fast paced great enviornment

Sales (Current Employee) Aurora, IL

ProsTeam is the best, all suppportive

ConsLow pay and alright benefits for the sales associates

Advice to Senior ManagementPay higher to the sales assosiates

Good environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice environment, decent pay, great discounts, good access to higher level mgt., good collaboration between depts/teams, great learning opptys

ConsHassle of high security - need to swipe your card everywhere, a superficial atmosphere (but hey - it IS a fashion company), more physical labor at times but it breaks the monotony of sitting at a desk all day, wuld appreciate more physical color in the offices (everything is white)

Too much favoritism

Lead Cashier (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsEmployee discount is pretty good compared with other companies. Got hired on the spot. Easy interviews because they hire everyone even with no retail experience.

ConsManagement has their own favs route employees and they never work as a team. Been with company for 3 years and CANNOT wait to get a better job.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease treat everyone with respect and don't be acting like you know it all at all times. We're employees just like you guys and deserve the outmost respect.

..no

Proscool people and good discount

Consthey make you a slave for a billion dollar store.

Worked for Calvin Klein? Contribute to the Community!