Calvin Klein

Updated February 27, 2015
3.3

Calvin Klein President and COO Tom Murry
Tom Murry

Pros
  • Great discount and decent management (in 10 reviews)

• Summer Fridays, sample sales, tons of Free food, lots of cool events, mostly friendly group of people (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, over-worked, under compensated (in 4 reviews)

• No free items of any kind, no commission, no movement within the company, no raises/promotions, low pay (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

It was a fun work environment.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Calvin Klein part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best part of the job was the other Associates and the Managers. Both were extremely personable at the location I worked at. There wasn't much competition or feuds between employees, and everybody helped everybody out to ensure our sales goals were met.

Cons

The worst part were the hours. Even if you did your job extremely well, you only got a max of 25 hours unless it was holidays or cooperate was coming (so we had to make sure the store looked Perfect).

Calvin Klein: The hours are either really good, or really bad!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, IL

I worked at Calvin Klein part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work if you love fashion and staying on top on new trends. Lots of hour to around during holiday seasons (good if you want the hours)

Cons

Work life balance can be difficult, especially during the holidays and when it is time to prep for cooperate. Expect to work long hours, and stay after closing for prep. Hours will be cut if sales are down

Express to workers the importance of sales and how the impact the amount of hours given. Keep open communication and up dates instead of just cutting hours with out warning or preparation.

Handbag designer

I worked at Calvin Klein

Pros

Very nice new design studio. Open and bright space. I like it because they put all the designers all together and it's really fun to see how others working on their projects.

Cons

I time there was little bit chaos. They just bought the line back from Europe and most of people are new.

Very corporate

I worked at Calvin Klein

Pros

good learning experience on production pattern adjustments and communicating the changes in written comments

Cons

very corporate, impersonal work environment, no one was relate-able who i worked with. Needs better office moral boost.

Share company knowledge with the teams

I learned a lot...about business & about life.

Former Employee - Store Planner in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Store Planner in New York, NY

I worked at Calvin Klein

Pros

The majority of the people are nice. Good benefits. Opportunity to be involved in different aspects of the business. Great place for buyers/merchants.

Cons

Took way too long to get "new systems" up & running. Was there for over 4 years as a Store Planner & spent 90% of that time allocating. Job description didn't even begin to come to fruition until my last year there. As a planner, expect lots of late nights crunching numbers. And expect Buying to run just about everything.

You need more manpower. When I left, I heard it took 3 people to pick up my weight.

There is a reasonable likelihood this company is for you or not, depending on your goal.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sunrise, FL

I worked at Calvin Klein part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Most of associates sales are social, humble even when having different culture values and races. Associates manage to have 2 jobs and go to high school or college, at least in my store in Sawgrass Mills. It's a laid back part-time job, fast paced. Average pay. If you are not in a rush to finish school, or don't even care about it, and like to scratch ones back a lot in order to ascend, and get better opportunities, benefits, and maybe some good feedback, this is basically the job for you.

Cons

Leadership, it depends on the store I guess, at least in mine, even though I have nothing against homosexuality, because come on at the end we all have the same values and defects as humans we are. The general manager tends to show favoritism, and his fellow subordinates under him, over associates in the floor. There would be errors in the schedule and paychecks, gossip through the whole store against anyone, no respect or flexibility as they say, because obviously when they say it is flexible it is only to catch attention, sometimes associates would rebel against new supervisors or any person the general manager would hire. They would show no respect for sales associates older than the management. Pretty faces and good manners tend to last a couple of weeks, anyways most of businesses are like this nowadays.

Essential experience for my lifetime achievements

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Calvin Klein full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

high-volume, developing organization, continuing to create systems for their employees

Cons

The head at the top is too big, there is a lot of missed opportunities and things slipping between the cracks.

Take. Care. Of. Your. People.

Great team, Great benefits!

Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Calvin Klein full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Generous benefits package
    Great wholesale team
    Competitive compensation

Cons

Work-life balance
    Work load
    Work environment

Working in teams/groups might alleviate the pressure of having to scramble at the end of the day for a photo and make the work environment within accounts more bearable.
    Really need one FULL office day per week.
    Working on Christmas Eve should be optional as other vendors do not work on that day and not much progress can be made.

Not too bad for a part time job

Former Employee - Lead Cashier in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Cashier in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Calvin Klein part-time (more than a year)

Pros

They work with your schedule, especially if you go to school.

Cons

Things could change to be more efficient
    favorites like any other company

I enjoyed working here.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Folsom, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Folsom, CA

I worked at Calvin Klein part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good training, pleasant environment, enjoyable staff, high store maintenance.

Cons

No toilet in store for staff, very few hours scheduled, one or two unpleasant employees I had to work with.