Calvin Klein Reviews

101 reviews filtered by
3.3
Calvin Klein President and COO Tom Murry
Tom Murry

Pros
  • Great discount and decent management (in 10 reviews)

• Summer Fridays, sample sales, tons of Free food, lots of cool events, mostly friendly group of people (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, over-worked, under compensated (in 4 reviews)

• No free items of any kind, no commission, no movement within the company, no raises/promotions, low pay (in 3 reviews)

1. 3.5 year experience in retail fashion brand

Current Employee - Job Abroad in Canada, KY
    Current Employee - Job Abroad in Canada, KY

I have been working at Calvin Klein full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

its a brand and job where you live in standard of all aspects

Cons

due to 9 hours job lesser time for family and myself

should take care of employees and should give salaries fortnightly

2. Unhealthy working environment

Former Employee - Designer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Calvin Klein full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good for your resume. That's about it.

Cons

Horrible environment. Unprofessional management team.

3. Fun company that asks for too much work for too little pay

Former Employee - Lead Cashier in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Cashier in Orlando, FL

I worked at Calvin Klein full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Discount
    Always something to do
    Hard to move up

Cons

Pay
    Limited hours
    Management rarely addressed employee-relevant issues

In order to decrease SHRINK the management should consider paying their employees more than minimum wage in order to match employee quality to their products.

5. Okay

I have been working at Calvin Klein full-time

Pros

Chill atmosphere, great team, you have job.

Cons

disorganized, management seems lost 90 % time. They do not provide you with your correct tools to do your job.

6. Calvin Klein: The hours are either really good, or really bad!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, IL

I worked at Calvin Klein part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work if you love fashion and staying on top on new trends. Lots of hour to around during holiday seasons (good if you want the hours)

Cons

Work life balance can be difficult, especially during the holidays and when it is time to prep for cooperate. Expect to work long hours, and stay after closing for prep. Hours will be cut if sales are down

Express to workers the importance of sales and how the impact the amount of hours given. Keep open communication and up dates instead of just cutting hours with out warning or preparation.

7. Handbag designer

I worked at Calvin Klein

Pros

Very nice new design studio. Open and bright space. I like it because they put all the designers all together and it's really fun to see how others working on their projects.

Cons

I time there was little bit chaos. They just bought the line back from Europe and most of people are new.

8. Very corporate

I worked at Calvin Klein

Pros

good learning experience on production pattern adjustments and communicating the changes in written comments

Cons

very corporate, impersonal work environment, no one was relate-able who i worked with. Needs better office moral boost.

Share company knowledge with the teams

9. I learned a lot...about business & about life.

Former Employee - Store Planner in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Store Planner in New York, NY

I worked at Calvin Klein

Pros

The majority of the people are nice. Good benefits. Opportunity to be involved in different aspects of the business. Great place for buyers/merchants.

Cons

Took way too long to get "new systems" up & running. Was there for over 4 years as a Store Planner & spent 90% of that time allocating. Job description didn't even begin to come to fruition until my last year there. As a planner, expect lots of late nights crunching numbers. And expect Buying to run just about everything.

You need more manpower. When I left, I heard it took 3 people to pick up my weight.

10. There is a reasonable likelihood this company is for you or not, depending on your goal.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sunrise, FL

I worked at Calvin Klein part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Most of associates sales are social, humble even when having different culture values and races. Associates manage to have 2 jobs and go to high school or college, at least in my store in Sawgrass Mills. It's a laid back part-time job, fast paced. Average pay. If you are not in a rush to finish school, or don't even care about it, and like to scratch ones back a lot in order to ascend, and get better opportunities, benefits, and maybe some good feedback, this is basically the job for you.

Cons

Leadership, it depends on the store I guess, at least in mine, even though I have nothing against homosexuality, because come on at the end we all have the same values and defects as humans we are. The general manager tends to show favoritism, and his fellow subordinates under him, over associates in the floor. There would be errors in the schedule and paychecks, gossip through the whole store against anyone, no respect or flexibility as they say, because obviously when they say it is flexible it is only to catch attention, sometimes associates would rebel against new supervisors or any person the general manager would hire. They would show no respect for sales associates older than the management. Pretty faces and good manners tend to last a couple of weeks, anyways most of businesses are like this nowadays.

11. It was a fun work environment.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Calvin Klein part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best part of the job was the other Associates and the Managers. Both were extremely personable at the location I worked at. There wasn't much competition or feuds between employees, and everybody helped everybody out to ensure our sales goals were met.

Cons

The worst part were the hours. Even if you did your job extremely well, you only got a max of 25 hours unless it was holidays or cooperate was coming (so we had to make sure the store looked Perfect).