Cambridge Associates, LLC

Reset
4.0
Cambridge Associates, LLC Chairman and CEO Sandra A. Urie
Sandra A. Urie

Pros
  • Good work / life balance with opportunities to learn a lot about portfolio management quickly (in 24 reviews)

• Opportunity to learn about all asset classes through due diligence on top investment managers, research, etc (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours during peak periods, work can sometimes be repetitive (in 12 reviews)

• status reporting, and (3) data entry (in 9 reviews)

1. Foundation

Former Employee - Investment Performance Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Investment Performance Analyst in Washington, DC

Pros

Great entry-level job with industry leader. Provides amazing foundation for career in financial services. Consistently impressed with colleagues. Young and energetic work environment with opportunity to take immediate ownership of relationships.

Cons

Growth is limited and long-term prospects within department were nonexistent. Pay should be raised to be in line with similarly competitive jobs in the industry and other comparable departments.

Advice to Management

Continue to recruit from top colleges. Department has improved greatly over the past several years. The department continues to send analysts to elite business programs and roles at other highly regarded companies as exit opportunities.

Analyst

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Pros

Great colleagues, very collegial! Great culture all around. Relaxed atmosphere. GREAT first job out of college.

Cons

Salary could be more competitive but I have seen worse. Sometimes it is hard for the organization to make a decision.

3. Associate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time

Pros

The corporate culture is pretty incredible. Awesome people, very flexible environment. You'll learn an absurd amount just in your first few months.

Cons

It can be pretty boring and stressful sometimes. The pay isn't great either.

Advice to Management

Pay more

5. Operations Associate

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to learn, respected in business community

Cons

So far nothing but I'm new..

Junior Investment Operations Associate

Pros

There are lots of great people, The team is young and tight knit, Work life balance is great, Management is approachable. Good for people who want to get into finance but don't have the background/experience.

Cons

The pay is not great. Need to keep up with competitors. Day to day work can be very tedious at times.

7. Great company, some org issues

Pros

Cambridge has great people. On the client facing side, you get broad exposure to asset classes and the best investment managers in the world, and the client base is exceptional.

Cons

The company has had some issues around senior managers, organization, and succession creating some confusion and uncertainty.

Advice to Management

Get the organizational and succession issues sorted as soon as possible.

8. Great clients and people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very stimulating from intellectual standpoint and review of all asset classes

Cons

Some difficult personalities but for the most part great people

9. Right for some.

Pros

Excellent place to get broad exposure to asset classes, top-quality managers, clients who are hppy to push the envelope on creative ideas. Many very bright and engaging people at all levels of the company. The best consulting associates (post-BA) are quite brilliant and get good recommendations to business and law schools.

Cons

Compensation is still pretty low relative to Wall Street firms. Morale is not always too great as a result, because the equity owners of the firm have done extremely well in the meantime. Management has changed a lot over the last few years.

10. Recommend to anyone

Pros

Great company, great culture. Looked forward to coming to work each day.

Cons

Work can be monotonous at times.

11. Performance Reporting Associate review

Current Employee - Investment Performance Analyst in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Investment Performance Analyst in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The culture here is very vibrant, young and collegial, possibly because this is an entry level position and thus we primarily hire fresh graduates. When I first read up reviews about the firm, I thought the term "collegial culture" was simply a buzzword, but over the 2 years that I have been here, I can say I have truly immersed and experienced the culture of collegiality and strong emphasis on team work. - Flexibility and autonomy: Management here gives employees a lot of flexibility and autonomy to handle day to day operations. I am thankful that I do not have my boss breathing down my neck everyday! - Growth: There is a lot of room for growth and career development, especially given that I have joined as a fresh grad. Once again, management provides a lot of autonomy and gives us a lot of room to spearhead projects that we are interested in, as long as we have proven capable. - Emphasis on the individual driving your career development, with the support of management.

Cons

- Pay and benefits could be higher and more attractive. - There seems to be a career ceiling in the role once you have hit Senior Analyst (~3-4 years), especially if managerial positions do not open up.

RSS Feed </> Embed