Cambridge Associates, LLC

www.cambridgeassociates.com
Employer Engaged

Bras Basah Office

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time

Pros

- Energetic and collaborative environment
    - A great place to learn about investments more broadly than the banks
    - Employee development focuses on developing strong business acumen rather than a singular task mastery
    - The company seems to pride itself on promoting from within

Cons

Longer working hours seem to be cyclical; it depends on the time of year or month and varies by department. The longer work days are generally balanced with days that end at an earlier hour.

Performance Reporting

Former Employee - Manager, Performance Reporting in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Manager, Performance Reporting in Arlington, VA

I worked at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Immediate client facing role, access to unlimited learning tools, consultant interaction.

Cons

Work can be repetitive, but probably no more so that most jobs.

Great Firm

Former Intern - Summer Consulting Associate in Boston, MA
    Former Intern - Summer Consulting Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at Cambridge Associates, LLC as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I had a great experience with Cambridge Associates. The firm has a very collaborative and collegiate culture. They train you extensively at the beginning. CA takes a lot of pride in the work it does for non-profit institutions, rightfully so.

Cons

I had a very positive experience as a Summer Analyst and during the 10 week internship did not encounter any 'cons'.

Excellent place to start a career

Current Employee - Consulting Associate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Consulting Associate in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great mentors
    Overview of the entire investment industry
    Meetings with the best managers

Cons

Salary is lower than I-Banking
    Hours can get long
    Can be stressful

Increase bonuses

Great working environment, Great people

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Most people are willing to cooperate, resonable and smart. Great work/life balance. Open minded leaders with long-term perspective in enterprise development.
    The company also provides great career path for the internal employees, and many people work for the company more than 10 years, even 20 years.

Cons

I could not tell much about the cons, since I like this company. If I have to something, I will say that the work pace could be a little faster. Be more responsive to the market change and be more client-oriented.

Great Place to Start My Career!

Current Employee - Research Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Excellent Location in Arlington. Our building is right next to the Metro (Ballston on the Orange line). Our floors were recently renovated - two kitchens on each floor, a gym and parking downstairs, a cafe with good healthy food, large workspaces.

- Fun environment. Every month we have either bagels or ice cream socials for that month's birthdays. We have a Holiday party in December (last year it was at the Ritz in DC) and a Picnic in the summer.

- High Caliber Colleagues. My department is very selective when it comes to recruiting which means that all of my colleagues are highly capable individuals. It feels good knowing that my colleagues care just as much about their work as I do.

- Interesting Work. I can't share too much here, but I get to build relationships with individuals at all levels of Cambridge and as well as those that work at the industry's leading investment management firms.

- Generous Benefits. Tons of time off, comparively speaking, excellent health and 401k benefits.

- Opportunities for Advancement within the Firm. There are been at least 4 or 5 individuals in my department that have moved to other positions (vertically) within the last 8 months.

- Top-tier Management. Our management team is top-notch. They truly care about their teams and treat us with the utmost respect. They are in-tune to the fact that we won't be at Cambridge forever and provide us with general professional development whenever possible.

Cons

I wish I was paid more - but doesn't everyone?! Some of the reviewers may complain about compensation at Cambridge, but new college grads will be able to afford a pretty comfortable living.

Solid

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Pros

There are a number of great reasons to work at Cambridge. For starters, it is a reputable firm that works hard to provide job security, as it did in 2008 when other companies had lay-offs left and right. Second, benefits are great. Speaking more to the job specifics, Cambridge provides an atmosphere where you will thrive if you enjoy the work you do and take pride in your work.

Cons

Frequently requires long hours and communication can can be indirect at times.

Great entry level job - lots of opportunities for growth

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Pros

I've found my time at Cambridge to be incredibly rewarding thus far. Management is incredibly supportive and invested in your professional growth and development. The department that I work in has a very team-based, collegial atmosphere. People are very positive, upbeat, and willing to lend a hand. Lastly, the firm is a true meritocracy and hard work is always rewarded.

Cons

Given the nature of the finance industry, occasionally long hours are required. When you start out, you're not given too much paid vacation, but I believe by industry standards it is fairly generous.

Please keep up the level of support and guidance you offer. This support coupled with the transparency provided is greatly appreciated.

great company that takes care of its employees - friendly atmosphere, lots of time off, telecommuting, flexible hours.

Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Pros

work-life balance
    friendly, non-competitive atmosphere
    employee-focused environment
    room for advancement
    fair salary especially considering time-off
    up to 3 days/week telecommuting in IT dept

Cons

not a place for driven, workaholic types - work pace would be too slow, is not cutting edge IT development.
    company is becoming more impersonal as it expands.
    job satisfaction depends on department. entry-level research jobs are monotonous, sometimes have long hours.
    company is a little conservative. a bit of "this is the way it's always been done" mentality.

keep up the good work!

Great Place to work!

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Pros

Environment that supports and encourages employees to work at their highest potential. Thorough interview processes which seems to ensure employees are well suited for the job at hand. Very positive environment to work in.

Cons

The firm could do a better job at ensuring entry level associates are provided with real opportunities for career advvancement.

Cambridge Associates, LLC Photos