Cambridge Health Alliance

Add Photos

Cambridge Health Alliance CEO Patrick Wardell

Patrick Wardell

Has been a good place to work for the last 10 yrs

ProsCHA is mission driven lots of great people to work with

ConsSome of the good people are leaving and the replacements care more for beans than people

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are becoming penny wise and pound foolish

Mission driven

ProsMany employees are truly focused on the public health orientation of the organization and appreciate how cultural competency is important to the work.

ConsDespite fiscal challenges, senior level managers continue to be hired - what about front line workers? If you are not part of a union, it's hard to watch how they are catered to.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide feedback mechanisms about the organization. 360s about senior managers or other ways of providing input would be a good idea.

Great educational and staff meetings. Terrific patients. Not great morale of staff at that time.

Staff Neuropsychologist (Former Employee)
    Medford, MA

ProsSome of the kindest, most knowledgeable, best-in-the-field clinicians worked there and were willing to share their expertise willingly. I loved my patients and the supervision I got from senior staff. The staff meetings were useful and educational. Problems actually got solved. I felt valued for 95% of the time.

ConsA major downside was that there was some acting out of professional jealousy by one or two staff members that made life difficult for other staff. At one point, a staff person was presented as a patient at a case conference, with his/her identity only thinly disguised. Management was not able to stop these events as they happened without warning and damage-control in such situations after the fact is frankly a bit like trying to restore New Orleans after the levees gave way.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease give middle management the power to discipline staff who are disrespectful and discriminatory to others in their groups. Please continue with all of the in-house education and staff meetings. They were invaluable! Please continue all of the mentoring and staff development you were doing. I was proud to be part of it.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hospital system in financial trouble

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible on schedule and projects

ConsOld-Boy network for the management team

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many director's without management skills

Nice place to work.

ProsNice staff members, the organization is trying to survive the financial swing and is actively working on improving. The new CEO adds a nice touch as he cares about Cambridge Health Alliance.

ConsCambridge Health Alliance doesn't have any major downfalls other than it needs to create a way for staff to grow at Cambridge Health Alliance.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo career growth available

Registered Nurse

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

Prosvery good salary, active union, benefits that include reasonable health and dental rates and generous time off, cultural diversity,very experienced staff

Consparking, mgmt top heavy, technology needs to be improved, some staff have only worked their and do not realize there are other ways that are often more modern and up to date

Advice to Senior Managementtake note of 1st impression-often negative, and unwelcoming to clients and staff
    also rethink BSN only policy that eliminates many experienced and valuable potential new hires

Good Place to Work

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
    Cambridge, MA

ProsGood place to work. Culturally diverse population served. Good support from interpreters so it is easy to get your work done quickly and safely. I enjoyed working there.

ConsParking, you live and die by the shuttle schedule. Can add about 20 mins to your commute. If you have a late shift you have to hope that there will be room in the lot for your car,

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter shuttle schedules, more convenient parking

Did not have to work hard to be paid well

ProsGreat benefits not much else to say

ConsThere are some good providers and there are some horrible providers yet no one does anything about the bad providers

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing changes no matter how hard you try

Administrative Coordintor

Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Cambridge, MA

ProsSalary, some cowokers are a pleasure to work with

ConsRequired to work 2nd shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep employees updated with upper management and how the Alliance is preforming

Cambridge Health Alliance is a great company with great people and great benefits.

Information Technology (Current Employee)
    Somerville, MA

ProsCambridge Health Alliance is very technologically advanced and is making great strides within the ACO and CPOE realm. The staff is very well educated, experienced and in tune with each other's needs.

ConsI have no specific cons that I can report for Cambridge Health Alliance.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to praise your employees' good work.

Worked for Cambridge Health Alliance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cambridge Health Alliance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cambridge Health Alliance CEO Patrick Wardell. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Cambridge Health Alliance employees.