Cambridge Innovation Center

Cambridge Innovation Center Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tim Rowe

You meet amazing people working on amazing things. It's an inspiring environment.

Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Cambridge Innovation Center

ProsYou're exposed to entrepreneurs that do amazing things.
There's a large feeling of independence in your job, but teams are also very important.
Awesome benefits
Young teams
Hire great people - tough hiring process pays off

ConsThe pace of the center is always changing - it's like being a part of a living organism so you need enjoy having tougher days and easier days.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers haven't been given any time of management training. This could be very helpful for focusing managers' time, attention, and energy on only the most important things.

A Unique and Rewarding Work Experience

Boston, MA

I have been working at Cambridge Innovation Center

ProsThere's no predicting what exactly will happen on a given day at CIC. We provide a wide range of services to the couple hundred companies in our spaces, and to meet those needs CIC management looks for intelligent, flexible, creative individuals. A lot of trust is placed in the staff, and the high retention rate is a testament to the benefits of being employed here -- my favorite is that I enjoy what I do 99/100 days, but the free monthly massage is also nice.

ConsAt the moment there's not much room for vertical progress, career wise. Also, while we're often handed new challenges, new projects and responsibilities, it's hard to convey that growth on a resume. It's difficult to accurately translate the CIC experience in general, without being able to show someone around.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Cambridge, MA

I worked at Cambridge Innovation Center

ProsCIC is a place where innovation and initiative are highly valued. The environment is very fast-paced, so there's never a boring day, and it is casual but professional. (Not stuck-up.) The management is supportive of you if you want to learn and grow. And the work is very self-directed; you are trusted to make good decisions and to manage your own time. They give direct feedback so you immediately know where you can improve and what you are doing well.

ConsIt is a fast-paced environment and expectations are high, so it can often be get quite stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing.

Worked for Cambridge Innovation Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cambridge Innovation Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cambridge Innovation Center CEO Tim Rowe. All reviews posted anonymously by Cambridge Innovation Center employees.