Cambridge Innovation Center

Updated August 24, 2014
4.4

Tim Rowe

Excellent work environment.

I have been working at Cambridge Innovation Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people, the mission, the place

Cons

None. This is a fabulous place to work.

Keep up the good work!

You meet amazing people working on amazing things. It's an inspiring environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Cambridge Innovation Center

Pros

You're exposed to entrepreneurs that do amazing things.
    There's a large feeling of independence in your job, but teams are also very important.
    Awesome benefits
    Young teams
    Hire great people - tough hiring process pays off

Cons

The pace of the center is always changing - it's like being a part of a living organism so you need enjoy having tougher days and easier days.

Managers haven't been given any time of management training. This could be very helpful for focusing managers' time, attention, and energy on only the most important things.

A Unique and Rewarding Work Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cambridge Innovation Center

Pros

There's no predicting what exactly will happen on a given day at CIC. We provide a wide range of services to the couple hundred companies in our spaces, and to meet those needs CIC management looks for intelligent, flexible, creative individuals. A lot of trust is placed in the staff, and the high retention rate is a testament to the benefits of being employed here -- my favorite is that I enjoy what I do 99/100 days, but the free monthly massage is also nice.

Cons

At the moment there's not much room for vertical progress, career wise. Also, while we're often handed new challenges, new projects and responsibilities, it's hard to convey that growth on a resume. It's difficult to accurately translate the CIC experience in general, without being able to show someone around.

N/A

Energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Cambridge Innovation Center

Pros

CIC is a place where innovation and initiative are highly valued. The environment is very fast-paced, so there's never a boring day, and it is casual but professional. (Not stuck-up.) The management is supportive of you if you want to learn and grow. And the work is very self-directed; you are trusted to make good decisions and to manage your own time. They give direct feedback so you immediately know where you can improve and what you are doing well.

Cons

It is a fast-paced environment and expectations are high, so it can often be get quite stressful.

Nothing.

DSFIE

Current Employee - Game Development
    Current Employee - Game Development

Pros

Great atmosphere and culture, friendly and very helpful colleagues.

Cons

Since it is located on an island, the number of workshops available in some areas is limited.