Camden County College

Updated May 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Raymond Yannuzzi

As a non-traditional student returning to studies at Camden County College, I was privileged to secure a work-study job.

Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsForward thinking, Career Coaching, Educational

ConsNo cons faced in this position

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice coworkers however workers are uderpaid

ConsThe job gets tedious and boring at times

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your workers

Good

Technician (Former Employee)

ProsA good organization to work for

ConsI really don't have any cons

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a little more diverse in hiring

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stagnant growth opportunities and undervalued employees

Administrator (Former Employee)
    Blackwood, NJ

ProsGreat Benefits, minus the outrageous union dues paid to a union that does very little.
    Opportunity to develop great experience in the higher education field.
    Non-Management employees have great chemistry

ConsEmployees are undervalued especially in salary.
    Management is not very professional.
    The college is not moving fast enough technologically and will soon find themselves paying for their inability to keep up with advanced technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your good employees you value them starting with verbal recognition and if their work continues to be outstanding, reward them with tangible things like pay, days off, new titles or an opportunity to focus on developing new skills.

An exciting, nurturing college administration where I learned a great deal and made good friends and personal contacts.

English, ESL, and History Tutor (Former Employee)
    Camden, NJ

ProsThe educational field offers great personal growth, a challenging, ever changing work environment, and the opportunity top shape tomorrow's leaders.

ConsAt times, it was working here was disappointing because great ideas of improvement are lost by the shuffle of a bloated senior administration.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe students and improving their overall experience should be the first priority. Moreover, the administration should place a greater emphasis on learning from instructors and faculty to gain insight.

Great students, not so great management

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee)
    Blackwood, NJ

ProsI enjoyed teaching at Camden County College. The students are great and the campuses are convenient. They were loyal in hiring and prompt with payment.

ConsAdministration and management are non existent. I didn't even know how to get my class list on the first day of my classes. No one had told me about webadvisor, about where or how to make copies. Since the class had a departmental wide final, I always felt like I was teaching toward a test and there was a strong disparage between campuses and test results forcing me to conclude that there was class discrimination at the school. Plus, they adjunct pay at CCC is the worst I have ever experienced.

Advice to Senior ManagementFinancially award your adjuncts who have been with you for awhile. Hold a better orientation for them and supply a FAQ at the beginning of the semester for new adjuncts.

Good Institution

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
    Blackwood, NJ

ProsCamden County provides a great resource to the community and it is nice to work at an instituion that strives to afford a good education to its students.

ConsPretty stagnant. Most employees are lifers.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at retention and evaluation tools to weed out ineffective employees.

Senior Management needs to recognize the many extra efforts of staff

Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Camden, NJ

ProsFor full time employees, the administration is quite supportive of academic faculty. Also, for Full time employees, the College is a good employer, especially regarding health care and other benefits.

ConsCamden County College does little to recognize those employees who extend themselves to support the students. Additionally, the College, generally, treats the adjunct faculty as "second rate" employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management needs to be aware of the extraordinary efforts full time and part time staff are extending for the benefit of the students. Senior Management needs to recognize the efforts that faculty are providing for the students.

Great place for adjunct

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee)

ProsGreat treatment of adjuncts, office space, access to continuing education, pay is similar to other colleges in the area.

ConsNo complaints specific to CCC, basic complaints of an adjuct, no job stability, schedule changes every semester, faculty office is a little crowded.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, great communication between adjuncts and full-time faculty, great support by department head (math) and department admins.

A great place to start your teaching career, but only financially viable if you are able to acquire a full time position

Adjunct Professor (Current Employee)

ProsGreat foot in the door experience if you plan to go into teaching. Can work for CCC while still attending graduate school.

ConsThe pay per class/credit is fairly low compared to other colleges/universities in the area. It is difficult to have a sustainable income working only for CCC.

Advice to Senior ManagementA more reasonable income for adjunct professors would be helpful. The College would do well to take more guidance from the adjunct teachers union.

Worked for Camden County College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Camden County College reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Camden County College CEO Raymond Yannuzzi . All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Camden County College employees.