Camden Property Reviews

Reset

Loved this company

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Camden Property full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They truly care about their employees and their properties. The training was amazing and the pay/benefits were great! They do expect a lot of out their employees but you'll reap the benefits if you follow through. I kick myself all the time for leaving.

Cons

Typical politics you'll get with any corporate company. My manager at the time was a jerk but eventually got fired so doesn't really effect you now. There is hard work and they expect you to do as your told and not really ask questions.

Advice to Management

N/A

2. Leasing Consultant

Pros

Bonuses, Positive Company Energy and room for promotion.

Cons

Boys Club, If you make friends with management you are more likely to get promoted and lack connectivity to higher ups.

3. Review from a Property Manager

Former Employee - Community Manager in Chadds Ford, PA
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Chadds Ford, PA

I worked at Camden Property full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, a great company to work for with lots of training, opportunity and perks. I worked as a manager at a community for a little over 4 years. Bonuses and 401K were great. I always felt like I was working for a company that had values similar to my own.

Cons

The company expects too much from its employees; there simply aren't enough hours in the day to get done all the things you are responsible for. On top of that, there was frequent travel for meetings and conferences. I felt like the job sucked the life right out of me.

Advice to Management

Pay attention -- listen to what people tell you at their exit interviews and you will learn a lot.

5. Leasing

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant

I have been working at Camden Property full-time

Pros

Strong, fun Company Culture. Good Benefits, mentor program and training classes. Great employees and very entertaining company Awards Ceremonies/Activities/Contest.

Cons

Other property management companies pay more. Like any job, there were some managers that need to learn of to treat employers.

Advice to Management

Constructive criticism works better than making an employee feel like everything they have done in the past was meaningless. Not all DMs/managers were like this but the handful that are can really bring a good person down. I would still recommend though.

6. property manager

I worked at Camden Property full-time

Pros

Great Leadership, values, stability, and support. Camden is a great company to work especially in the property management industry. They treat employees with respect and give you the tools to be successful you just have to use them.

Cons

This industry is very stressful but that is not this companies fault. The only cons are little advancement opportunity because people stick around for a long time and pay raises are small and benifits are expensive.

Amazing, Fulfilling College Experience

Current Employee - Resident Advisor in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - Resident Advisor in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at Camden Property part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met a lot of diverse people who shared their life experiences with me and helped me grow as a person and a leader. I was able to participate in various programs that promoted a variety of educational topics for college students. I was part of a team that saw us as equals and adults who had something to contribute to the company even though we are the only ones in the company to hold such a position.

Cons

This is basically a 24/7 job that was not completely explained until after we were hired. That has since been changed for future potential employees but I would have liked to truly understood the position prior to committing everything. The job tends to get in the way of family and college work at times. There are times where you have to choose between the three and sometimes the job will come first. Even though they try to say it is Family, College, then this job, it doesn't always happen that way.

Get paid in feel-good parties and fluff. No real intention of retaining employees.

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Camden Property full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment, decent benefits. Paid training was a great way to build experience in the industry. Camden employees work hard and play hard. Made friends.

Cons

Pay falls below industry standard. Other leasing companies offer better hourly pay as well as commission incentive. Camden forces residents into bogus and overpriced add-on's that made me feel like a crook. Company has a high turn over and does it's best to quiet anyone who is outspoken about poor pay. No real room for advancement as management positions are scooped up by mostly women who have been in the company since inception. Company is not ambitious in it's portfolio, and leaves few opportunities to advance.

Advice to Management

Listen to the concerns of your employees. Do not hold your employees back from advancing. Stop paying fast food wages and retain talented consultants or risk them leaving your company for your better paying competition. There is no shortage of leasing positions. HR and mediation process is one sided. Nurture talent and ambition rather than discourage it. I wouldn't offer paid classes on employee retention, while causing such a high amount of volentary turn-over.

9. Great benefits

Pros

Competitive commission, discount on rent

Cons

Hourly wage is low and not enough opportunity for advancement

Advice to Management

Promote from within more

10. Great work environments.

Former Employee - Lease Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Lease Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Camden Property full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Has everything you want in a job; great benefits, decent pay, good people to work with and fun too.

Cons

It does take up a lot of your personal time.

11. Great company to work for

Pros

They treat each and every employee as they treat managers

Cons

I don't have any cons to mention

Advice to Management

keep up the great work

RSS Feed </> Embed